Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
You just need to bring your own thievery on the Protagonist.

Or respec
I guess you can add some Bard to Wyll, but other than that, none of these three can carry levels of Rogue without a full respec, which is lame in terms of how the plot and conversation treats them.
I already am feeling kinda guilty for respecing Shadowheart to be a strength based storm cleric. Especially now that thematic medium armor started dropping.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
The straightforward "good guy" party is probably Gale, Wyll and Karlach. Which is incidentally a so-so approximation of the utility, damage, tank setup. You just need to bring your own thievery on the Protagonist.

Also, so far at least, it seems like Gale and Shadowheart are more relevant to the main plot than the other party members, who are mostly after their own personal issues. No spoilers, you can kinda tell the magnitude of their respective tasks very early on.
wow its divos 2 again :roll:

Barbarian

Arcane
With Shadowheart I agree she is the companion most involved in the main plot. By far.

Why Gale though?

Shrimp

Arbiter
The straightforward "good guy" party is probably Gale, Wyll and Karlach. Which is incidentally a so-so approximation of the utility, damage, tank setup. You just need to bring your own thievery on the Protagonist.

Also, so far at least, it seems like Gale and Shadowheart are more relevant to the main plot than the other party members, who are mostly after their own personal issues. No spoilers, you can kinda tell the magnitude of their respective tasks very early on.
I suspect it'll be like D:OS2 where half of the cast end up being involved with the main plot or at the very least some major side character in one way or another.
I've had another party member whom I don't have in the party seemingly get caught up in the main plot, but I'll have to wait and see how their story evolves once I get further into the game.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So I just leveled up Wyll to test a few things. Don't see Thirsting Blade. No Pact of the Blade extra attack? If so that makes melee warlocks complete garbage.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
For me finding these items is like top 3 joy of playing these games. Can't imagine datamining them all beforehand :D

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wild Magic barb is such a weird subclass. They implemented a ton of cool effects for it, but in the end it boils down to:

"Do you want to suffer small downsides and unpredictable upsides for the chance to get a much worse rage than Wildheart?"

DEAL OR NO DEAL

volklore

Arcane
Just got it yesterday and played a bit with the character creator. Is there a good resource for what classes get as they level up ?
Also do races have hidden bonuses because it seems they all get +2/+1 to whichever attribute you fancy so the races that have actual features seem to be the obvious choice?
Was thinking of going half orc barb but no indication of anything except lvl 1 class features.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
any benefit you get from keeping Astarion alive is not worth it even godhood
Just got it yesterday and played a bit with the character creator. Is there a good resource for what classes get as they level up ?
Also do races have hidden bonuses because it seems they all get +2/+1 to whichever attribute you fancy so the races that have actual features seem to be the obvious choice?
Was thinking of going half orc barb but no indication of anything except lvl 1 class features.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1cOvLRgKw7hSMGuSd98V76HMhXIEPFwxO
for me half-orc looks like the best melee race

also I was wrong about human being the worst race that goes to dragonborn

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My ranger has Misty Step and Invisibility, but I have no idea where from. Any ideas?

I think the favored enemies might be like the races in that they give a ton more shit as you level up but without it being documented anywhere?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
My ranger has Misty Step and Invisibility, but I have no idea where from. Any ideas?

I think the favored enemies might be like the races in that they give a ton more shit as you level up but without it being documented anywhere?
equipment / frog race?
unless u can't find em then spellbook

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Something is definitely up. When I attack with main hand before off hand on the character, it loses its bonus action somehow.

Barbarian

Arcane
Respecd' my durge character as a pure class rogue assassin in the end. It takes too long for multiclass to come online and benefits are questionable.

You guys were right that 5e pushes for pure class. In the case of rogue the sneak attack damage output is where everything is at. Multiclassing for extra attacks or whatever else doesn't make much difference against those sweet 1d6 damage rolls.

Uncanny dodge is also pretty powerful. Multiclass delays getting it.

Got alert feat at 4th level and plan to get resilient wisdom at 8th. Good that rogue gets extra feat at 10th. I will go for ASI then. No idea what to get for level 12 yet. Suggestions?

Barbarian

Arcane
Rolling with Shart, Asstarion and Gayle. Not missing a martial on tactician, surprisingly. 2 rogues kind of redundant but lots of damage output early levels.

I imagine I will have a much harder time at higher levels. Probably will take the vampire homo out and recruit Minsc.

ITT, everyone else I met so far was too annoying. Wyll and Karlach are reddit tier fanfiction. Laezel is an annoying bitch. Vamp is a faggot but at least he got me curious about his character arch and how his plan to kill Cazador will go down.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Rolling with Shart, Asstarion and Gayle. Not missing a martial on tactician, surprisingly. 2 rogues kind of redundant but lots of damage output early levels.

I imagine I will have a much harder time at higher levels. Probably will take the vampire homo out and recruit Minsc.

ITT, everyone else I met so far was too annoying. Wyll and Karlach are reddit tier fanfiction. Laezel is an annoying bitch. Vamp is a faggot but at least he got me curious about his character arch and how his plan to kill Cazador will go down.

The whole game I feel like has been an excercise in loving martials, except for Spirit Guardians which is the most insane all-purpose spell. Other spells may look more powerful, but Spirit Guardians makes my Shadowheart top DPS of every fight even though she can't melee for shit.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
By the way, Polearm Mastery + Sentinel is mad fun. I wish there was a way to give a character more than 1 AoO, even just 2 would make this character from OK but fun to just great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom