Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
PSA (Yosharian you'll find this interesting):

Dual-wielding has a really weird hidden upside that's not documented nor raw. When you make Opportunity Attacks while dual-wielding, you attack with both weapons. That's a lot of damage in this game because even on Tactician, enemies are retarded and provoke them all the time.

Yosharian

Arcane
PSA (Yosharian you'll find this interesting):

Dual-wielding has a really weird hidden upside that's not documented nor raw. When you make Opportunity Attacks while dual-wielding, you attack with both weapons. That's a lot of damage in this game because even on Tactician, enemies are retarded and provoke them all the time.
Wow that's pretty interesting. I think I'm definitely taking Astarion as a Rogue or some kind of DEX fighter now. Seeing so much stuff that just makes Rogues and DEX fighters generally fucking OP.

I just finished making my Legendary items video, encoding it now.

jackofshadows

Magister
re level cap: in this game level cap is one thing and the loot is really another. Judging by what simply "rare" stuff I meet, legendary items will probably break the whole thing in half each.

edit: gj Yoharian, probably will see it before the next run.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
yeah Im now entering act2 and Im lvl 7
playtime 29h

Yep same as me.
What a murderhobos are you. I entered act2 earlier today with 6 lvl and just a bit. And don't think I missed anything major if not counting wiping out gobbos. Playtime 36h btw.

I killed the goblin camp, and you're kind of forced to killed a lot of the creche. Everything else I diploed.
I was really hoping to come to an agreement with the Githyanki by having Lae'zel in the party. Dang it.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
What a murderhobos are you.
I didn't kill the tutorial boss, didn't kill the witch, didn't kill the ogres, failed a few checks and didn't reload, and still am late level 6 in the Shadowlands.
I do RP somewhat, so I get a lot of bonus experience for fulfilling my urchin background choices and for bardic performances.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
yeah Im now entering act2 and Im lvl 7
playtime 29h

Yep same as me.
What a murderhobos are you. I entered act2 earlier today with 6 lvl and just a bit. And don't think I missed anything major if not counting wiping out gobbos. Playtime 36h btw.

I killed the goblin camp, and you're kind of forced to killed a lot of the creche. Everything else I diploed.
I was really hoping to come to an agreement with the Githyanki by having Lae'zel in the party. Dang it.

The culminating events at the creche are kind of poorly/messily written at the end unfortunately.

Barbarian

Arcane
You don't get xp for most skill checks and many nonviolent solutions to situations.

If you fight most stuff you will grind xp pretty fast I wager.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
regarding creche
told lich queen to fuck off and she killed me instantly :shredder:
good merchant there 18dex gloves

notpl

Arbiter
Haven't started this and don't plan to for a while yet, but I want to clear something up: they've implemented "Sneak Attack" as an entirely separate combat action from other attack types, yes? It seems like that would fuck it up in basically any situation but a pure rogue making a single attack per round. What if a fighter/rogue uses action surge - can they sneak attack twice? What about a rogue multiclass that gets multiple attacks - do they have to choose between two normal attacks, or one single sneak attack? Can they sneak attack and then make their second attack normally? What about dual wielding?

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Fail-forwarding some more. Lost a game of hide&seek to a child, its now canon and I won't reload a save.
Surprised the shadows saw me through the window, the stealth indicator didn't show that they would.

What about dual wielding?
Off-hand attack is also a separate button.
You have "attack" - strike with both equipped weapons for an action.
Sneak attack - strike with main hand weapon against disadvantaged enemy for bonus damage.
Off-hand attack - strike with off hand weapon as a bonus action.

Fighter-rogue hybrids will be rare, but potions of speed aren't, so you will have multiple actions per turn if you want it. Haven't tested how it works.

Barbarian

Arcane
Fail-forwarding some more. Lost a game of hide&seek to a child, its now canon and I won't reload a save.
Surprised the shadows saw me through the window, the stealth indicator didn't show that they would.

Sneak attack - strike with main hand weapon against disadvantaged enemy for bonus damage.

Fighter-rogue hybrids will be rare, but potions of speed aren't, so you will have multiple actions per turn if you want it. Haven't tested how it works.
notpl you can only sneak attack once per round. You can add sneak damage to attack of opportunity if you haven't acted on the turn or used the sneak attack yet.

At level your sa damage will be 6d6. Only one attack will have it but it is pretty powerful. Easy to proc too.

notpl

Arbiter

notpl you can only sneak attack once per round. You can add sneak damage to attack of opportunity if you haven't acted on the turn or used the sneak attack yet.

At level your sa damage will be 6d6. Only one attack will have it but it is pretty powerful. Easy to proc too.
Significantly less damage than the multiple attacks per round any of the other martials will be making, which is why I'd only ever touch a rogue in 5e as a multiclass - hence my questions.

Barbarian

Arcane
Thinking about it they damn well could make two sneak attacks per round with haste a thing. I will test it and let you know.

This is larian after all lol. Look at the other changes they made.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Thinking about they damn well could make two sneak attacks per round with haste a thing.

This is larian after all lol. Look at the other changed they made.

Thief gets hide as bonus action and two bonus actions so yeah it's very doable.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
regarding Jaheira's equipment + last light inn

100+ years and 2x +1 scimitars and white equipment and lvl 8 is best you can do huh
pretty easy fight even when there were shitload of enemies
killed true soul paladin + barrier girl seems like butler got reward for that cool thing that you get dialogue hints when durge options are available

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
For me finding these items is like top 3 joy of playing these games. Can't imagine datamining them all beforehand :D

Yosh is too busy at work to play the games.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Just got it yesterday and played a bit with the character creator. Is there a good resource for what classes get as they level up ?
Also do races have hidden bonuses because it seems they all get +2/+1 to whichever attribute you fancy so the races that have actual features seem to be the obvious choice?
Was thinking of going half orc barb but no indication of anything except lvl 1 class features.

https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
None of the feats come even close

Not true. Most no, but there are deffo combinations that are worth it.

Too much choice fries people’s brains.

There's actually not much choice and many of the options are bad or look bad on the surface, so I think people just jump to conclusions and assume it's shit. Making the feats work is often more complicated than taking something that has obvious synergy by way of bonuses. Well, except for Tavern Brawler, that shit is just insane no matter how you look at it :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom