Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
it got changed
see invisibility

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
opmEzFk.jpg

QI7XmQN.png

War Caster is an UBER MEME in this game.

Barbarian

Arcane
Shadowheart multiclass dip 3 levels of rogue(thief) ya or nay? Fits thematically with her backstory.

For the extra bonus action mostly(though 2d sneak damage, cunning action and expertise are also good). I notice many cleric spells are bonus action casts and as we all know larian shat on the "one spell per round" rule.

Downside you lose some cleric spell slots. But since rests are somewhat trivialized here...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shadowheart multiclass dip 3 levels of rogue(thief) ya or nay? Fits thematically with her backstory.

For the extra bonus action mostly(though 2d sneak damage, cunning action and expertise are also good). I notice many cleric spells are bonus action casts and as we all know larian shat on the "one spell per round" rule.

Downside you lose some cleric spell slots. But since rests are somewhat trivialized here...

not worth it in a million years. pure casters are all about how high and many high level spell slots you can cast

clerics are except from very specific builds more casters than they've ever been - not fighters

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
sneak dmg should be pretty useless too after early game + rather spend turns casting spells than doing weak phys attacks
guess if you respec into war domain it could be "fine" (war priest spell)

Barbarian

Arcane
Got it, caster classes don't benefit much from multiclass here(5e) then.

Older dnd quite the opposite. Most munchkin options in the original bg trilogy had dual class or multi fighter/mages for instance. Ditto for clerics.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Got it, caster classes don't benefit much from multiclass here(5e) then.

Older dnd quite the opposite. Most munchkin options in the original bg trilogy had dual class or multi fighter/mages for instance. Ditto for clerics.
3.5E wizards benefited from multiclass mostly at level 18. Delaying L9 spells, or losing summon monster IX would be drastically bad.

Of course, that assumes they didn't have evil DM, which required finding L9 spells, or developing them themselves. And... As a result some parties can use theirs first L9 spells when they are doing epic at character level 20+.

polo

Magister
Im making a 2 fighter 2 warlock X sorecer and now you tell me casters should not multiclass?
damn it

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
thats pretty interesting combo should be fine for burst dmg + eldritch blast spam, probably should save fighter levels for last + spell progression might be slow if you start with 1 sorc (con save)-> 2 warlock -> sorc

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Volos Eye?
i got this by just roleplaying the situation and the icepick being produced got a chuckle out of me and volos reaction was great
Yes I killed her
that fight was good, i was able to piecemeal all three of them if you can get the gobbo shammy to try to fix you she segregates herself from everyone and was able to blitz that one one turn before they were able to call out. the rolls went my way for the first two fights, not the dude speaking to the illithid though, but if you can get to that fight without lighting the place up destroy the war drums with ranged.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Spirit Guardians still OP confirmed. It's a higher damaging Cloud of Daggers that only hurts enemies and applies to everyone your Cleric runs past. What's not to love

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Thinking about it, Reckless Attack being able to be used after seeing the die roll, while completely nuts, is perhaps still a smaller buff to the Barbarian compared to not being able to wear Helmets, Boots etc. of the light+ variety if wanting to use Unarmored Defense. Of course, you could just wear armor and have maybe a teeny bit less AC but ignore that nerf completely as a result.

Tao

Savant
So should i clear the stats distribution?

The default stats for a wizard are 8-13-15-17-10-12. Isn't this terrible? 13 and 15 do nothing really. i'm missing something here?

Also isn't it better higher dex than con?

What stats are you guys running for your wizards?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So should i clear the stats distribution?

The default stats for a wizard are 8-13-15-17-10-12. Isn't this terrible? 13 and 15 do nothing really. i'm missing something here?

Also isn't it better higher dex than con?

Dex is just AC and initiative, Con is a better save (and crucially helps with maintaining Concentration) and it's HP

The stats are pretty awful. Usually you go 17 main stat, as high con as possible and then dex for casters. Variations include wisdom since it nice to have for high saves. My caster has 16 wisdom (with Resilient feat) because she's a Durge so I'm expecting to have to make Wis saves. So I've specialized in a couple of Wis saves. Because Bards don't use Wisdom for anything else.

Odd stats can make sense or they can't. There are feats (and potentially collectibles) that add +1, so you should plan ahead for the former (and you can always respec if you find the latter).

Tao

Savant
Do i left the default stats then in you opinion guys?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom