Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

jackofshadows

Magister
So Im 10% off from level 10 and soon going to baldur's gate :hmmm:
also every shield I have found so far has been +2 AC, 1h+shield does not look too tempting for melee compared to 2h options
act 2 think I had to retry fight only once, act 1 was closer to 10
There's a simple +3 just lying on the ground next to the bugbear vendor at Moon Towers

Barbarian

Arcane
Well I was wrong. Thankfully Durge is male he/him by default so won't have to restart the game with a new character.

:dealwithit:

jackofshadows

Magister
As a bard and lacking in damage, I started slinging grenades, reading scrolls, applying oils and chugging potions very early on.
I feel like if you are a party big on damage, you won't learn to use consumables until you hit a wall at some point and check your inventory for a crutch.
Yes, of course use of consumables isn't needed if not necessary but elixirs/oils are a different kind since they work until long rest. Unless one play with lots of casters so then elixirs would be practically equal consumables. So yeah - for short rest oriented party I would specify their use is even if not seems necessary, actually more useful than it seems. There.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
Prices? What are those? Show vendors your Ass.
Well sure that too, I killed a few vendors already w/o any regrets plus I'm practically milking Volo - stole shit from him countless times but I'm planning on selling all my bajillion of stuff in BG and buy some so feeling this out beforehand so to say.

Last edited:

Barbarian

Arcane
The most challenging fight for me so far was the phase spider matriarch, but mostly because I was underleveled(level 3). I was getting overwhelmed by those spider hatchlings and wrecked by poison and web.

Solution was to sneak around before the fight and burn all the eggs with grease bottles + firebolt before actually starting combat.

I wish more fights were hard and caught you underpowered like that. Most fights I was just powerful enough to handle without needing creative preparation or roguery.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
EK and Bottlemaster are nice and all but pretty sure Froggie is made for Champion. Great Weapon + Sentinel + Brace (there’s rare Glaive in Enclave) + Improved Crit seems like the shit.

Then there’s the extra ten ft on her already big jumps (that she can triple) and Jack of all Trades on STR/DEX/CON checks.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
There's an invis pot, gust scroll, and web boots, all in the immediate vicinity of the location, so I'm assuming Larian wants you to yeet that spider into a pit and not fight it at all.

I still hit it with a sword.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Solution was to sneak around before the fight and burn all the eggs with grease bottles + firebolt before actually starting combat.
You can also just sneak behind and yeet her into the Underdark if you only wanted the xp.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
There's an invis pot, gust scroll, and web boots, all in the immediate vicinity of the location, so I'm assuming Larian wants you to yeet that spider into a pit and not fight it at all.

I still hit it with a sword.
Pushed it into a pit with a warlock eldritch blast on turn 1, felt awesome, then you realize you loose loot that way.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
There are some really good options for raising caster AC around here. +2 AC bracers, +3 from spider robes and +2 from """Tyr's"""" greatsword, coupled with mage armor, made Will really tanky. I'm thinking to respec him for a little bit to pump his DEX for even more AC.
Armor Bracers stack with Mage Armor?
Yes they do stack with the spell. But +3 spider robe has been nerfed and not gives any AC now :( Back to heavy armor with Willie

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So I read that unless you long sleep regularly you miss tons of dialogs & may even block various quests, since most camp events are only possible during certain often short time windows and don't stack. Can anyone confirm this is still the case in the release version? In EA I would have apparently missed dozens of scenes by only long sleeping 5 times during act 1 surface part.

Barbarian

Arcane
Should I be consuming those tadpoles? I have been ignoring them so far, even though I have collected a few.

Those powers seem interesting but I have no desire to be consumed by the disgusting worms made by tentacle monsters who raped probed me on that ship(eventually becoming one).

I assume there are eventual dire consequences for filling your brain with alien parasites - unless Swen went total popamole on this.

Desiderius

Patron
Of course Haplo will also make her into Brekek to get all the dice multiplying.

Far as I can tell Enlarge adds 1d4 to damage which Great Weapon should make 3-4? Don’t think it adds reach yet. Also Advantage on STR checks and bigger size category (obv) for Shoves and Throws.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
There are some really good options for raising caster AC around here. +2 AC bracers, +3 from spider robes and +2 from """Tyr's"""" greatsword, coupled with mage armor, made Will really tanky. I'm thinking to respec him for a little bit to pump his DEX for even more AC.
Armor Bracers stack with Mage Armor?
There's a set of bracers that adds AC if you aren't using a shield, that's what he's referring to

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
I thought you have to pick a way to advance from Act I to Act II

This is the most poorly made part of the entire game in my opinion. 90% of people are going to think that from the way it's communicated, but it's the exact opposite: the game *fully* expects you to clear both areas.
Very annoying to find this out after brute forcing my way through Shar's temple/Balthasar/Nightsong.

How is minor illusion working out? I love illusion magic in PnP, and BG series did the school a solid. I am hoping BG3 follows suit, but these spells are very difficult to translate to PC.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
At level 5, I randomly figured out touching the malfunctioning teleport does not make you explode, and instead releases Gale into the world.

Is the game trying to tell me something?

Anyway, can you get more portent dice than the two you get at subclass selection? They look like an immensely powerful ability to have, but if two is all you get, and they can't be made to replenish on short rest, that kinda power caps them unless you made your party to spam long rests?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
At level 5, I randomly figured out touching the malfunctioning teleport does not make you explode, and instead releases Gale into the world.

Anyway, can you get more portent dice than the two you get at subclass selection? They look like an immensely powerful ability to have, but if two is all you get, and they can't be made to replenish on short rest, that kinda power caps them unless you made your party to spam long rests?

I believe they become short rest on high level

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So Im 10% off from level 10 and soon going to baldur's gate :hmmm:
also every shield I have found so far has been +2 AC, 1h+shield does not look too tempting for melee compared to 2h options
act 2 think I had to retry fight only once, act 1 was closer to 10
There's a simple +3 just lying on the ground next to the bugbear vendor at Moon Towers

+2AC is also a lot because of bounded accuracy.

Desiderius

Patron

I believe they become short rest on high level
https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Divination_School

Desiderius

Patron
So, uh, just figured out that Rituals don't use spell slots outside combat.

Buffing is back on the menu boys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom