Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter campaign launching on June 2nd

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, May 18, 2015.

1. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    My guess is that looking so impressive they'll release it as a full AAA title, priced at $60. Going from 15-20 on KS to 60 on release is a huge jump, but having a 25 early bird and a 33 "regular" KS price makes that feel more nuanced.

Especially if they (of course they will) release it on consoles as well.

^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I doubt it'll be $60, but since PoE has gone for $45 already, maybe they'll go a bit higher as well.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Witcher 3 and other AAA popamole is $60. Would be a huge mistake to price BT4 at that level.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Choices... save my lunch money for a Reliquary Box or "collect them all" and endure my wife's wrath all summer... choices and consequences...

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  5. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Mindx, hope you don't mind if I make an ultra-special limited collector's edition of the free .pdf of my book, just for you. I'll even burn it into a CD and ship it inside a record album if you wish.

It will be fairly priced, of course.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  6. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :love:

Show Spoiler

You don't think I'll be getting your book hard bound myself?!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Ovplain Arcane Patron

Ovplain
    Well, poo. I'd be willing to go as high as 20, but 25$ for something I'm not excited for is just too much. Shame.:/

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. ROARRR Learned Possibly Retarded

ROARRR
    BT4 has a rival and that is called Grimrock. The Graphics BT4 is a try to show everyone that it will be looking better than its rival.
    My guess is:
    BT4 will be like Grimrock but just with more features and better Graphics!
    :updatedmytxt:

^ Top  
  9. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    Grimrock is real time, though. Pretty different style, to the point of almost being another sub-genre.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Aenra Guest

Aenra
    how uninteresting; but let me summarise:

day year one pirate. Gotta wait for the obligatory proper release version

Show Spoiler
    so i can properly show my appreciation (Blind Fanboys, read: am being ironic) for the magnificence of W2. This gaming industry of millions, not just about InXile, has yet to have any legal regulation, leaving the customer with zero a means of assurance, or recompense. Other ways need be employed. The above Morgothian paraphrasing also stands for the next, and the one after that too, Obsidian release. Will happily make a post in their forums detailing my pirated experience of BTIV once that time has come

Also, and unrelated to this lier (Fargo) and his team of crooks, it will be interesting to see how this will affect Larian. My own hunch was that nearing or closely after their E3 show, they'd go ahead and announce their own KS. If so, surely they will have to change plans now.

^ Top  
  11. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Probably have zero effect assuming it's not another blobber.

^ Top  
  12. MurkyShadow Glittering gem of hatred Patron

MurkyShadow
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    The Bard's Tale. The memories. My first computer, the mighty Commodore 64. The boy-friend of my best mates older sister.
    A box of 5 1/4" disks. A folder of some incomplete maps. Skara Brae, with some markers. The Wine Cellar. The Samurai Statue,
    wiper of many a first party. Hours of exploring, drawing, cursing. The Review Board, the next spell level. Mind Blade, MIBL, there,
    now I've got a spell for all of you. All those memorized four letter combinations for the spells. Hah, MALE Major Levitation, why
    the fuck can I still remember that crap, I needed that space for physics, well, screw priorities. The cursed darkness fields in
    Mangar's Tower and the moment you have to redraw a complete level, because you slipped a line. Good times.

Fargo can whisper the sweetest nothings in my ear and I won't be able to resist. I should deposit my money
    somewhere, with the condition of not being allowed to retrieve until the kickstarter business is finished.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. Aenra Guest

Aenra
    Infinitron
    I lack your infinity of RAM modules mother Inf, i admit it. You should however appear benevolent and understanding to those lowly, unmodified creatures of flesh and bones such as i and refrain from judging them so overly harsh.
    Thanks for the link though, was unaware :)

^ Top  
  15. nihil Augur

nihil
    Project: Eternity
    My interest in this game was lukewarm until I read the following quotes:

This is exactly what I feel most RPGs, and games in general, lack. More mystery. A greater sense of discovery. More unexpected stuff that don't just fit neatly into a predictable system.

Of course, pulling it off isn't easy, but identifying the issue is a great start.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  16. Charles-cgr OlderBytes Developer

Charles-cgr
    The first two MM were not phase based. Bard's Tale and Wasteland were.

^ Top  
  17. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    There seems to be quite a stark difference in sales between Legend of Grimrock and its sequel. Seems sort of hard to make blobbers stand as a franchise.

^ Top  
  18. ROARRR Learned Possibly Retarded

ROARRR
    I wonder why is that...:hmmm:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Hm, indeed. Somehow I kept an impression for years that they are orders first, resolution later. Probably because all games that look like the 80's CGA ass do that :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. Charles-cgr OlderBytes Developer

Charles-cgr
    Rival? Why? What will Grimrock players do, given they've finished playing the two for the most part? Buy BT4! And maybe even some other game... :)

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  21. Dorateen Arcane

Dorateen
    Do not tease about Sovereign.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. ROARRR Learned Possibly Retarded

ROARRR
    Players will compare and that will decide IF they buy BT4 or not!

^ Top  
  23. Charles-cgr OlderBytes Developer

Charles-cgr
    I guess some people might think like that but for many others if they're done, then they have a choice between BT4 and nothing. Even if in the end BT4 isn't as good, it'll still be better than nothing.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. ROARRR Learned Possibly Retarded

ROARRR
    possibly true, but also not.
    1. How do you know that there won´t be any similar game(s) like BT4 when it comes out?
    2. Well depends how worse it is right?!
    3. Not Necessarily true if you think about how they could spend their money.
    For example:
    Do you prefer spending your money for a game that has mechanics you like but is still not fun in its whole concept
    or do you prefer spending it for an other (Whatever)RPG that you could like more at that time?!

^ Top  
  25. TheSavant1 Barely Literate

TheSavant1
    No matter how bad it'll be - BT4 is better than nothing. Everyone else has given up on turnbased blobbers. Brian Fargo is our last hope. That is - if it stays a "full blobber" (which I hope).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.