Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interesting that he's allowed to show this on his personal channel:

In this video I will show you the vertical slice made for The Outer Worlds.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tim hypes up how amazing it was for the team to put together this vertical slice in only a year, yet it took the Perils of Gorgon team 10 months to make a 6 hour DLC. Something happened. :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh something else I forgot to mention earlier - the Obsidian fellow narrating the vertical slice pronounces it MEE LEE what the fuck

Americans pronounce it MAY LAY, Brits pronounce it MEH LAY. Tsk tsk.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Can someone give me a tl;dr of what his fucking obsession with The Outer Worlds is?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
TOW is one of those games that showcase why the Recommend/Don't Recommend binary rating system so many places have is awful. It's a 6/10 game at best, which means all the normies will rate it Recommended, giving it massive positive ratings and causing game journos to think it's the best game ever.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Can someone give me a tl;dr of what his fucking obsession with The Outer Worlds is?
He legitimately believes it is his best game that he worked on.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sad. But I think it's common for old devs to go crazy with time. Just look at the nonsense Sawer says (Wizardry isn't an RPG, etc.)

You can kinda see them go more insane with every tattoo. And you can tell social politics have a big impact on them.

Shadax

Barely Literate
Still hard to believe his "dream game" turned out to be such forgettable trash
You seem so offended for no real reason, really. Is it difficult to understand that a creator can view one of his works as his 'masterpiece' even if the critical reception is astoundingly negative? You must not have created anything to experience such a thing.

rojay

Scholar
Still hard to believe his "dream game" turned out to be such forgettable trash
You seem so offended for no real reason, really. Is it difficult to understand that a creator can view one of his works as his 'masterpiece' even if the critical reception is astoundingly negative? You must not have created anything to experience such a thing.
Hello and welcome to the RPG Codex.

rojay

Scholar

I talk about how to be creative under pressure in order to make a great game...and the secret is to work with great people.

He needs to take some time off. This is the first of his videos I've watched in a month or so and while I like the guy I did not need to hear him talk about how being creative in the games industry is hard for 9 minutes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom