Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
FYI Tim Cain has now his own YT channel where he answers his viewers' questions and will make videos on topics that interest them.

Soon he will show us LotR demo and talk about the game, later there also should be a video about Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines cut content, etc.
Wesp5

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Tim Cain confirms he hasn't been an Obsidian employee since June 2020 but works as a contractor for them and another company (while also giving free advice to another company). Semi-retired.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Too complex, vertices give me headaches. Lines of varying lengths and thicknesses are where it’s at

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Interesting point he makes is that if Microsoft bought Activision-Blizzard, the Arcanum rights would fall to Microsoft, which means Microsoft's RPG studios could make something with it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

After the sequel to Arcanum was turned down, we made a design for a Lord of the Rings game for Sierra. It never got made, but I can show you some of the small demo we made in 2001.

He says he quit playing MMOs and all social media because of "toxic communities". I guess that answers why he left the Codex, too.
Codex assholes scared Tim away by relentlessly bashing him for his idea about using geometric shapes to represent attributes, so apparently some kind of radar chart. The chimp out was epic.

Shame on all of you bozos that participated. Shame on you.

1RDSyqM.gif

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
All that drama, and then it turned out that geometric shapes in TOW character creator were basically just arrows pointing up or down.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All that drama, and then it turned out that geometric shapes in TOW character creator were basically just arrows pointing up or down.

Nah, they weren't the arrows. He gave up on the geometric shapes concept at some point. It might be nice to think that was due to the Codex's reaction, but more likely it was too weird for normies as well.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Testosterone drops with age so if you didn't have much to begin with, which most game designers don't, you are likely to turn into a massive pussy later on.

Might explain what's going on with older devs becoming indistinguishable from modern nu-devs, that or society no longer frowning upon weak men so they think they are finally free form the burden of having to live up to some masculine values.

According to Aquinas, effeminacy is a vice btw, because it leads to a lack of perseverance among other things:

https://www.churchpop.com/2018/08/2...acy-what-st-thomas-aquinas-says-in-his-summa/

Now i cannot imagine you can lead a gaming company or design a good game without perserverance, hard work and some degree of hardness. I don't know about Tim Cain specifically but there has to be a reason why so many older devs have turned into has beens if not nu-devs as i said (I.E., Ron Gilbert).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom