Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
To be fair, this has always been the meta and devs have frontloaded their best content since the dawn of time.
A lot of classic RPGs have bad-beginning problems (hence the old cliche of "it gets better x hours in"). The RPG with the polished beginning is relatively new.
More than have bad endgames? I can't name an RPG (which isn't just awful throughout) that has nearly as bad a beginning as the end of, say, Omikron or KOTOR 2.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
To be fair, this has always been the meta and devs have frontloaded their best content since the dawn of time.
A lot of classic RPGs have bad-beginning problems (hence the old cliche of "it gets better x hours in"). The RPG with the polished beginning is relatively new.
More than have bad endgames? I can't name an RPG (which isn't just awful throughout) that has nearly as bad a beginning as the end of, say, Omikron or KOTOR 2.
KOTOR 2's beginning is as bad as its ending.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
The beginning is a bit long. The end is unacceptable as a product someone once asked money for, let alone a coherent end to the story.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Feargus gets called out (indirectly):

He also says this happened at his own company but doesn't cite specific examples, so I guess he's referring to some publisher demand? After all there was no one in the company higher up than him, Jason, and Leonard.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The cut ending that is restored by The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod?
You are aware that there are multiple endings with different variations, right?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
The game is uniformly terrible.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It is a great game and the best Star Wars story ever told.
I was surprised at how much stuff Disney continues to appropriate from KOTOR.
Some retards even referred to Rey as a "wound in The Force", lmao...
Shows that they didn't even play KOTOR 2 and do not know what that term even means.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
The game is uniformly terrible.
Your extreme wrongness about KOTOR 2 notwithstanding, this is exactly why I said I was talking about RPGs that aren't awful from beginning to end. If you think everything about a game is shit, of course the beginning is as bad as the end.

Replying to NecroLord: I've played with the mod and the ending was still a disjointed unfinished disaster. Maybe it's worse in the original game, it's been so long since I played that that I can't remember anything about it other than how shockingly bad it was. I'm not about to go check, I will never finish KOTOR 2 again. Anyway, the fact that even the mod comes nowhere close to saving it really says it all.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
At some point they went full retard and started "restoring" stuff that was obviously cut because of poor quality. I'm not a fan of the droid planet either but at least it's a seperate mod so you can skip that.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
At some point they went full retard and started "restoring" stuff that was obviously cut because of poor quality. I'm not a fan of the droid planet either but at least it's a seperate mod so you can skip that.
Yeah, I always played it without the Droid Planet installed.
It's the 1.85 version.

Basshead

Educated
This is very interesting. Obviously you are negatively biased towards Avellone. Very quick to point fingers, spread gossip and dig up dirt on him (and very eager). But whenever Tim or Josh (especially Josh) appear, you will sing odes about them, instantly transforming into their lawyer, translator and promoter. Strong agenda. At the same time, you won't disclose this very obvious (interpersonal) problem you have with MCA. Lastly, you claimed to accept both male and female pronouns, and call yourself a "freak." You are a very interesting person Roguey.
I too wonder what the deal with this Roguey character is. Going back through numerous threads they not only refer to themselves as him/her but also sometimes posted quotes from Josh Sawyer using we in 3rd person. Is this Sawyers trans online alter ego? Is Roguey connected to obsidian in some way? All very strange. I for one know would like to get to the bottom of this mystery! After all, what could be more balanced than possessing both sexes simultaneously? The codex’s own baphomet!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Is Roguey connected to obsidian in some way?

Bingo. At first I thought he was a mere contactee like Bester or Infintron, but it actually goes way deeper. This person knows too much stuff. He knows who slept with whom, who cheated whom, who did drugs with whom. Even going as far as family ties. It's all pretty dark and sick. You can imagine what sort of stuff was happening at Obsidian. Honestly I don't wanna know lol. As a human being I will pray for Rogeuy, but as a Codexer I think he/she/whatever is a disgusting little weasel.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
On the plus side, some of the new graphical mods are quite impressive. AI-upscaled cut scenes look great.

I can get behind stuff that makes the textures look sharper.
Especially the items like blasters, because they look kinda bad vanilla...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom