Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I can't keep up with Tim's almost daily YT entries these days so I only catch him when I see him in my YT sidebar in something new discussing a subject (or incident) that I'm really interested in, which is once in a blue moon. He does seem to know what he's talking about though. It's not like he's some armchair game designer like so many codexers. Well, these days he is.

Chuck Norris

Augur
If someone could do a TLDR version of every Tim Cain video (preferably in bullet points, chronologically summarizing the points he makes), they would be doing God's work.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tim got pranked by a British guard. :lol:

At the end he tells the four-month kidney stone story.

If someone could do a TLDR version of every Tim Cain video (preferably in bullet points, chronologically summarizing the points he makes), they would be doing God's work.
Rusty used to have AI do summaries of the videos at the HQ, but he stopped bothering after the two gay ones. You can always try that yourself.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
School days

Tim seethed at all the party animals at college. Loves to learn in a structured environment.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I talk about (and read) the original Fallout introduction story that I wrote in January of 1995, which is the first mention of a Vault in any design doc for the game.

I really love how because of too frequent emergency evacuation calls, when the bomb really stroke only a small amount of people was at the shelter. The introduction is well written and interesting

The alternative intro idea (VD is part of the group ambushed by super mutants, he scares them off is the only survivor) is Bethesda level moronic. This would destroy the early pacing of the game, completely annihilating the every day in post-apo world aspects of the setting.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tim thought the vault being a safe place you could return to was a negative, which is funny because I never even bothered to go back to the vault until I had the chip, didn't want to waste any time.

Also it's not like Shady Sands and all the other social hubs are dangerous or anything.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Characters named Cain. He's tired of it. :lol:

"The cab driver's name was Caine." There's the explicit confirmation.

Vyvian

Educated
Oh he actually did confirm that it was Caine after all.
Been in many an argument where people tried to say it wasn't and that he was really just a Malkavian LARPer.

Delterius

Arcane
Been in many an argument where people tried to say it wasn't and that he was really just a Malkavian LARPer.
From what I understand that was just a White Wolf attempt to digest what happened in Bloodlines without making it too important within the metaplot. I don't remember the chronology, but thereabouts they wrote their own end of the world books where Cain's location was revealed to be some cave somewhere. Mind you, in their LA by night liveplay they chose to use certain characters like Nines, Strauss and the Voernams but they don't refer to BL1s' plot at all. Probably the wiser course of action.

The way I see it Troika was the Storyteller for BL1 and having Caine use LA as a microcosm of vampire society in his judgement of his children (and the PC as a witness) is what they went for. That was their game, their canon. And given that this is supposed to be a gothic horror world, every Storyteller should have their own. Otherwise there's no mystery.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
If you play as a Malk, your character goes mental the first few seconds the cab driver starts speaking with you...
Perhaps as a realization that you are truly speaking with the "Dark Father"?...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It was Troika's intent he was, but going by White Wolf canon, it wasn't (Caine was in a cave and unconcerned with what his children were doing).

Bulo

Scholar
It was Troika's intent he was, but going by White Wolf canon, it wasn't (Caine was in a cave and unconcerned with what his children were doing).
My honest reaction
MTuy6un.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom