Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

agris

Arcane
Patron

f13d4720-5ad7-42bd-ac87-d63c2299c4c0.jpg

NwNgger

Educated
I want to watch these videos but there's just something about Tim Cain's mannerisms. He's so offputtingly smug and bitchy. Like a lot of poofs who try to emulate bitchy high status women. And he can't tone that down to be informative because like all bum bandits he feels the world simultaneously owes him tolerance just for existing and attacks him for not being straight. It makes him unwatchable for me.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tim: Fallout was no longer mine. :(

Also Tim: I have no interest in doing sequels.

A lesson he's probably learned by now, but if you go to a concert, bring ear plugs, seriously.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I want to watch these videos but there's just something about Tim Cain's mannerisms. He's so offputtingly smug and bitchy. Like a lot of poofs who try to emulate bitchy high status women. And he can't tone that down to be informative because like all bum bandits he feels the world simultaneously owes him tolerance just for existing and attacks him for not being straight. It makes him unwatchable for me.
Speaking of smug and bitchy.

Tim is clearly a cool dude who's easy to get along with as long as you aren't some hack developer incapable of delivering two lines of code is a reasonable timeframe.

I agree. I've met poofs like him who somehow get positions of power and have a huge grudge against anyone who doesn't think arse buggery is a great pass time. Which manifests as this very petulant bitchy personality that comes out whenever these people feel threatened. Which is all the time. I absolutely get that vibe from some of Tim's videos. Especially when he talks about how people are "allowed" to critique him and his work as if he has any actual power to stop me from saying Outer Worlds was shit that proves Cain was carried by better people.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Video game "journalists" now. :bioware:

What is your book about by the way ?

Post-Apocalyptic Science-Fiction/horror

Canticle of Leibowitz meets Atlas Shrugged - in a heavy Fallout sauce

Leonard Boyarsky, Jason Anderson and Chad Moore have received copies.

61EJUzBNf2L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Tofu Brains: Life on Zeeta 21 is a science-fiction/horror novel set in a dystopian future in which the world is torn by war and environmental degradation. The novel explores human behaviour in desperate situations and treats pertinent themes such as class, loneliness, identity, and human’s relation with nature.

Amazon
4.7/5 rating

Goodreads
4.20/5 rating

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Game economy is important" - question asker. No it isn't. :M

"I don't worry about this too much," - Tim. Nice. :cool:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Right on. I wouldn't mind if they nuked economy as a feature entirely. It almost never works and when it does it still adds nothing.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Right on. I wouldn't mind if they nuked economy as a feature entirely. It almost never works and when it does it still adds nothing.
People like buying (and selling) things. They had to patch in a store into Jagged Alliance 3 because of the demand to buy things. :M

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Game economy encompasses more than just buying and selling things. Things like rarity of item drops, crafting recipes, and regularity of health/ammo pickups all fall under the heading of economy. It's actually one of the most important things to get right in a game, as it creates a push and pull with the player. When you have to switch weapons in Doom to better utilize the available ammo, that's economy. When you run through a difficult gauntlet and there's a healing fountain at the end of it, that's economy. It was pretty obvious Tim never cared about economy all the way back in Fallout, but that's not something to be proud of.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
People like having meaningful progression, plenty of ways to have that without having vendors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom