Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Call of Warhammer: horrible raep edition

Choose the faction, faggots

• ORKZ

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Khorne

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Kislev

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Wissenland

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Ostland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nordland

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Vampire Counts

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

Erebus

Arcane
Shouldn't this pussy Grimgor focus his attacks on Chaos ? I seem to remember that the official story has him attack Archaon by surprise at the end of Storm of Chaos and claim victory after 2 seconds of non-conclusive fighting.

Anyway, let's send our bravest potatowarriors north.

hostergaard

Educated
West. Urslo seems like a fantastic choke-point that can hold of anything from the North that gets thrown at us while we secure our western border. Once that is done we can head into the north and finish them of for good. Going north now would leave a long and thinly defend border to the west.

Divide and conquer!

West. Urslo seems like a fantastic choke-point that can hold of anything from the North that gets thrown at us while we secure our western border. Once that is done we can head into the north and finish them of for good. Going north now would leave a long and thinly defend border to the west.

Divide and conquer!

That'd be too easy though. I wanna do Barbarossa.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So as someone who didn't care much for Medieval 2 with Stainless Steel mod due to feeling the game was too slow and had too little going on compared to Pdox games (and took way too long to advance turns), is this in any sense faster or more detailed? And is there a way to chomp down on the atrocious amount of time it takes for turns to change (would using Explorer Suite to allow the exe to use more memory help, for example)?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, I wondered about it because after I did the treatment to HoI3 it runs like greased lightning (assuming Germany, Soviet Union AND the USA aren't duking it out while you're part of a faction) and almost never crashes.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Never could particularly get into Medieval 2 myself. Found the controls to be a bit too awkward and it was set in a historical era I wasn't wholly interested in.

Loved The Third Age: Total War, though.

The only thing they fucked up with medieval 2 was the unit pathfinding. For example when a unit was attacked only a couple of men who found themselves foward would fight and the rest would just stare even though they were within arm's reach. Rome had that but to a lesser extent and it never got fixed until Napoleon.

But it was serious incline in other such matters. Guard mode always worked, unlike the early versions of vanilla Rome where it basically made pike-based faction unplayable in multiplayer and cavalry developed the shock charge after a while of riding themselves into a trot. In Rome and in earlier total wars cavalry took off like buccatis and smashed themselves into the enemy within a second. The only other bad thing I can think of is the ugly interface.

I loved Medieval.

One of my favorite strategies was having my cheap crossbowmen fire point blank into the enemy, especially on castle walls.

That shit is devastating.

Baltika9

Arcane
images

Cassidy

Arcane
The only thing they fucked up with medieval 2 was the unit pathfinding. For example when a unit was attacked only a couple of men who found themselves foward would fight and the rest would just stare even though they were within arm's reach. Rome had that but to a lesser extent and it never got fixed until Napoleon.

But it was serious incline in other such matters. Guard mode always worked, unlike the early versions of vanilla Rome where it basically made pike-based faction unplayable in multiplayer and cavalry developed the shock charge after a while of riding themselves into a trot. In Rome and in earlier total wars cavalry took off like buccatis and smashed themselves into the enemy within a second. The only other bad thing I can think of is the ugly interface.

Stirrups didn't exist during most of the Roman Empire existence. Which is why Classical Age warfare never had cavalry in the spotlight. In any case, bump.

Stirrups didn't exist during most of the Roman Empire existence. Which is why Classical Age warfare never had cavalry in the spotlight. In any case, bump.

I know, but what I mean is that the cavalry in Rome did not need time to build momentum before a charge. They just rode straight into the enemy from close range and achieved shock impact. If you did that in medieval your knights would achieve nothing.

Also, update coming soon.

After practice this evening I'll continue with Potato Barbarossa and write the update.

Sorry for the delay, was dealing with some annoying stuff this week and got sucked into Stardrive this weekend.

TRUE FACE OF ITZ

QAdSHHl.jpg

So a couple of insignificant battles happen between the Tzar and the Chaos Dwarves that came to block our path and everything was going fine.

krOti7w.jpg

And despite the high amount of rape gangs gathering against us, things were going smoothly. Reinforcements were en route to deal with them and the campaign was off to a glorious start.

Until

6Vfke1e.jpg

MARCH BACK THE ARMIES, PREPARE FOR A SIEGE.

THE GREATEST TRIAL OF POTATO HAS JUST BEGUN.

WHAT'S EVEN WORSE IS THAT ERENGRAD HAS BEEN HIT BY A PLAGUE THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 4 TURNS. GRIM TIMES ARE AHEAD OF US.

brandt-BOGURODZICA.jpg

Comrade Pashenko did not give his life so we could hide like cowards. Like true sons of Potato, like true PATRIOTS, we shall meet then with fire and sword.

GLORY TO KISLEV.

I am so fucked lul. Had no idea the new event fired this way. Hope they storm Erengrad and we have an epic siege.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom