Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If6RgU14hb0

This is some crazy shit! I have never heard of this before. Cyberpunk 2077 is a mystery! What happened in those 3 years?

Bugs that kill your saves?

What's funny is that the thing that pisses me off is how damn bad the music is used and how much is lacking.

seriously when companies do this I have to say WTF. Composers are morons didn't even get involved. To focused on Witcher 4.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Whole story feels like they cut it in the middle.

Yea Act 2 to Act 3 seems like a giant chunk of story is missing. I hate bloated over long games, but this one feels majorly truncated, which is especially bad if you are making an open world game that is supposed to be a single 100+ hour playthrough. Dunno any stats but Im pretty sure most normal people tend to stick to one character when they play a game. Its mostly Codex Autists that have do 7 full playthroughs and then complain they hated every minute of it.

Now I dont know whether to just smash through and finish MQ and start new character. The stupid "URGENT" storyline has killed my enthusiasm to wander round the city (and the corrupted save if your save file is to big doesnt help...). But I think I would prefer to save new character for after LOTS of patching and some DLC have been added (and mods).

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zErihK82YSM

This is the worst thing that can happen. When you piss off investors. When you lose their money from your own promises as a company.

That was what a 1.8 billion drop after Sony stopped selling it.

That's serious shit!

Yes CD Project Red could be bought by someone in the future.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Has anyone else had the experience that there are a lot more weird physics events in 1.05 than in 1.04? The physics seems to go all wonky for a moment when things spawn in - like balsa wood cars suddenly appearing and bouncing around, clutter stuff smashing for no obvious reason, etc.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
CD Project Red!!!

Was it posted here before? Development timeline from some guy who's uncle works at nintendo.

sounds pretty close except it was in 2019 that others were being hired to do music for Cyberpunk 2077 but guess what!

After checking out 20 hours of game play that music is no where to be found!

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Has anyone else had the experience that there are a lot more weird physics events in 1.05 than in 1.04? The physics seems to go all wonky for a moment when things spawn in - like balsa wood cars suddenly appearing and bouncing around, clutter stuff smashing for no obvious reason, etc.

I'm seeing more up to the start of the hotel mission in the intro, but it's such a buggy game that I've no idea whether I'm just running into what other people have been describing as their 'normal' before and I got lucky before in not seeing/noticing it too much. It's like I'm pretty sure there's undocumented changes to the loot table (much fewer clown costumes, far more wearable leathers etc.) and to the ad cycle (not so much censorship but just ads replaced with others). But the truck landing from the sky, trying to copy the couple of militech AVs which had just landed, did make me jump.

Semiurge

Cipher
Another typical example would be, "Why are you against speshul pronouns, don't you want to be polite to people?"

This is textbook "weaponized compassion".

Why the fuck waste resource with genitalia if you are going to cover and censor anyways?:despair:

You could ask the same about all the pronouns. They were only meant to generate hype and soy-o faces.

You can the problem is that its in poor taste when something bad happens and your immediate thought is "how to I make money from this" which is exactly what Gibson did and he even admits it when talking about why the story changed.
I would've been fine if he'd just kept it alternate reality where 9/11 never happened like he was originally going to. There was no reason to change the story he just did it so he could complain about it in his book like he does with Twitter now because he started using his novels as just an over glorified blogpost and I get the impression he still does.

If we look at Deus Ex it depicted a terrorist attack but didn't change its vision because a political event occurred recently. In the modern times they most assuredly would've changed this post release and we would've been worse for it.

If you want to know for certain if something was created only for money, never trust the authors' babbling, instead just find out if they were broke at the time of the creative process and you have your answer.

Lol, allegedly, the "modesty patch" which was actually "not a bug" but "artistic intent" happend because Walmart refuses to seel Adult Only-rated materials. Clowns.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...the-future-for-nudity.11059304/#post-12493721

Dismembered corpse on a surgery table: Fine
Tiddies on a healthy living woman: OH MY GOD

Why didn't they simply release different versions like with Witcher 1 - a cut North-American version and an uncut international one? No wait, it's the consoles of course - Witcher 1 was a PC exclusive. Those fucking Sony and Microsoft get to dictate the rules. If you want to get their kind of profits, all platforms must get the same shittified version.

How many layers of HNNNNGG are you on right now
You are like a little baby
Watch this

20201221201723-1.jpg

bI68BO4.png

Lol, sorry if this has been posted already. The drama goes on, the corpowar is near, guns of December:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...criticising-sony-for-removing-cyberpunk-2077/

CDPR chose their bedfellows, and they chose poorly :mixedemotions:

cdspujco88661.jpg

Why make lame-ass Judy a romance option but not best bouncer? CDPR can't do anything right.
She'd put the punk in cyberpunk all on her own.

Then again, Goro would probably fall for her because she knows all the best Jap food spots in town.

Japs trying to speak engrish sound like people who were born deaf.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Way to many times i see people roleplaying themselves rather than characters.

You mean, they used freedom of choice in dialogues? Why someone need that at all huh, when you could just pick in the begining - Angry paladin, or Gay thief, or Greedy Archer, rigth, and have all your choicec predifined and the rest locked, to help you rolepleay the character, and not yourself.

Learned
Who the fuck decided to assign crouch and skip dialogue to the same key?

As the game already recognizes long presses and double taps, keybinds should be fully customizable with a list to bind EVERYTHING separately without connecting stuff, and a chance to pick single tap/long press/double tap. e.g. I should be able to bind press R to reload, hold R to holster, double tap R for the weapon wheel. I don't actually use the wheel, this is just off the top of my head.

Probably not on their to do list though.

Text message spam - the fixer's in this game are in touch about selling me cars more frequently than Roman invited me bowling in GTA4. Worse yet, you can't afford all these cars in a typical playthrough yet your map screen is littered with a bunch of additional "side mission" icons that are actually invitations to buy cars you can't afford (and don't actually need). Bad design.

Meanwhile the Net is underused. Maybe that's where car purchases belong.

Or a chance to outright block/mute fixers, pretty please.

Xeon

Augur
Someone on reddit said before picking up legendries save and load to choose their stats, is that true? I thought at least Unique and Legendries would be really unique and you just needed to upgrade them to your level later or something, not be randomized as well.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
They accept their fate and praise you for ending them in the horrid world terror of CP2077. Snipe them... free them from this hell.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Holy shit, they need to do something about the AI and sniper rifle.
Just stand nearby an enemy camp, and start sharpshooting everyone. They all stay in position, no movement, only becoming slightly alert and wondering what's going on. But they don't run. They don't move. They hardly look for you.

I tried this during the gas-station assault mission with the Nomads and they all fucking hunted me down. I don't think it works in all cases.

Vatnik Wumao
Holy shit, they need to do something about the AI and sniper rifle.
Just stand nearby an enemy camp, and start sharpshooting everyone. They all stay in position, no movement, only becoming slightly alert and wondering what's going on. But they don't run. They don't move. They hardly look for you.

I tried this during the gas-station assault mission with the Nomads and they all fucking hunted me down. I don't think it works in all cases.
It works, but it's best to have a smart rifle to get those headshots while staying in cover on the hills.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom