Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. copebot Educated

copebot
    DLSS is the killer feature part of RTX, with the actual RT part being sort of shit and only good for tech demos. Some of the earliest DLSS implementations were janky but most of the recent mainstream ones have been spot on.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. gerey Arcane Zionist Agent

gerey
    By this time next year there won't be a single competent person left at CDRP, just the narcissistic management and the woke cult of subhuman degenerates they surrounded themselves with.

They've been bleeding talent since before the release of Witcher 3, and it's only gotten worse over time. The end result of this brain drain was Cyberpunk 2077, and I can't imagine things will improve in the future.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Tyrr Educated

Tyrr
    I can see them going the Bethesda route and re-re-release Witcher 3, like they do with Skyrim. Maybe even remaster Witcher 1&2.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. Gargaune Cipher

Gargaune
    You're half-right, CDPR has been working on a Witcher 3 re-release for PS5, Xbox Series Too Many X's and PC with technical improvements and raytracing. The difference is it'll be a free update for those who already bought the full Witcher 3 package. I think it was last rumoured for this year, but who knows now.

Edit: Actually, I misremembered, there is no difference, Bethesda also gave Skyrim SE away for free to people who already owned Skyrim and all its DLC.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    ^ Top  
  5. Paul_cz Arcane

Paul_cz
    true
    false

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Vavra from Warhorse just posted on FB Tomaszkiewicz was a chill boss, according to his buddies from CDPR. Apparently CDPR changed a lot with veterans leaving and New Blood (TM) arriving, it stopped being a creatively free place where you could speak openly. He said "any creative effort this big and this expensive involves creative differences" and people sometimes freaking out and arguing and making fools of themselves.

Yeah, no kidding, it's called "being human". Personally I'm not concerned about this dude's future, I bet he already has a dozen offers, very hush hush obviously.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    damn, watching/reading his interviews was the highlights of W3 hype days for me, he didn't look the type to "bully" anyone tho

this was the dude who rose very quickly from tester to game director with his design inputs, big loss probably. replace him with an incompetent fuck who has the "right" views and attitude CDPR, that's the way! down

might be awkward for his brother now but he was pretty woke, should be safe to continue working :P

then again he was the lead of the "open world team" responsible for CP's filler content which sucked, albeit the team was formed late in development and prolly didn't have enough time

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    ^ Top  
  8. Paul_cz Arcane

Paul_cz
    The Vávra post

• decline x 8
    • Despair x 7
    • honk honk! x 3
    • Brofist x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    [​IMG]

:imokay:

• Funny x 9
    • incline x 7
    • decline x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • It's a matter of time x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    Reminder that this is still a thing:

• Funny x 22
    • honk honk! x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • decline x 2
    • Rage x 1
    • coof x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Comrade Goby Magister

Comrade Goby
    Project: Eternity
    Where was this posted? Also who is still staying at CDPR? Pawel seems like a fake nice western type traitor so makes sense he'd stay. It does seem like all the people who work there are basically Californian in thought now

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. toro Arcane

toro
    Pawel is the Neil Druckmann of CDPR. He will stab his way to the top and then he will remake Witcher as SJW fan-fiction.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 4
    • Despair Despair x 3
    • Rage Rage x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Paul_cz Arcane

Paul_cz
    on his FB

and if by Pawel you mean Sasko, I like his enthusiasm, frankly. And given how long he's been there, I doubt he's much into the western wokester coolaid.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    What I find hilarious is that for all their efforts of being massive cucks, the only thing CDPR got was this vermin Jason Scherier rounding around their creative decomposed carcasse crazy to grab some pieces of the body to gain notoriety.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  15. gabel Learned

gabel

After decades of watching this shit become worse and worse ever faster, I still don't understand how all of this can actually happen. It must be humans are even worse, spineless and pathetic shit than I thought, but I already think quite lowly of them, so it really is a fucking mystery.

• Yes x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Jabberwacky Barely Literate

Jabberwacky
    Was there ever a call on whether this was/is an RPG or not?

Also, is it stable enough to play on PC now or should avoid?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    They said it was a RPG.
    Big boss decided for a crazy deadline, so they cut the RPG and removed the RPG from the description.
    So, this is an action game with MMO RPG elements now.
    It is stable enough on the PC, just dont expect more than cyber Far Cry with common graphical glitches and unfinished mechanics for some comic relief.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. tritosine2k Augur

tritosine2k
    DLSS has nothing to do with RTX , by all accounts it's using tensor cores not RT.

That's for the worse, because
    https://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/120656-nvidia-adds-ray-tracing-tech-temporal-anti-aliasing-taa/

as explained here, TAA "edges" can be touched up with ray tracing, and then the cost becomes comparable with ACTUAL anti aliasing.
    Which on DLSS's part is not comparable, so how anyone expects correct (AA) output instead of just softened image is beyond me. Yeah, stand in place and don't touch the controls , and "evaluate" on static picture it's comparable to AA , that's just an unrealistic scenario .
    Besides Disney tried this with offline animation and failed, yet they had all the incentive.
    Maybe it's just that shipping broke tech with broke games won't make much of a diff ?

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    This is the reason I fucking hate all that talk about "muh bugs", drowning out everything else. Fuck bugs. This is way, WAY more serious problem. Compared to shit like this bugs are a fucking joke.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  20. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Jesus Christ. So this mission is so scripted, you always win it, even if you don't fire a single bullet?

• Yes Yes x 9
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 4
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Which part of this adds the fun?

^ Top  
  22. mkultra Liturgist

mkultra
    well, at least it made somewhat sense, driver crashed (distracted?), they died (...hopefully?) - mission accomplished! :P

Very lazy design though and you certainly get the impression that the game was eventually rushed, and much of the earlier work just scrapped.
    They have worked on it for at least 9 years, which is a lot for a decently large studio.. With Witcher 3 i think they did something a bit similar but not as extreme perhaps, the first engine/renderer was scrapped (which looked a bit better, but i guess performance etc was shit). They did use images from it up until release to promote the game though, made me lose respect for them completely.

They were also granted 7 million USD from their government to develop groundbreaking AI, and MultiPlayer.. Neither of which is in the game.. lol.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    ^ Top  
  23. gurugeorge Arcane

gurugeorge
    It's not an RPG. It's a moderately enjoyable, mostly linear cinematic storyfag game with some unfinished and terribly wonky RPG elements bolted on, plus an open world nest-hunting experience that's actually decent brainless fun for a while. Art design-wise and graphics-wise it's very good (bar the bugs). Weapon variety and fx impact (both visual and audio) are pretty good, and the shooter experience is good for this type of game. Music is great in places, annoying in others; the in-game "radio" is stellar. Quest design is uneven: there are some good quests - even a few quite interesting and moving ones - but C&C is minimal apart from a few "showcase" bits of C&C, and some immersive simmery here and there, and although the virtual world looks fantastic at times, and is immersive in that sense, it's almost totally unresponsive.

It's been stable enough to play on the PC from release, for the most part (at least I never had much trouble with it on my potato, and in a hundred or so hours of gameplay I didn't experience that many serious bugs, just a few comical ones here and there).

Whether you'll enjoy it or not depends on your tolerance level for action popamole gameplay. If you enjoyed TW3 you'll probably enjoy this somewhat, but not nearly as much. As I've maintained from the beginning, it's about a 6-6.5/10 on a clean objective score, not as terrible as some are bandwaggoning, but not very good either. It has its moments at the "cinematic experience" level (even a few great moments), but they're not enough to make it a great game. The score will probably bump up to about 7-7.5 or so, maybe even 8 in a year's time if they keep working at it - although some here say that the gameplay flaws are too intrinsic and deep to be solvable, no matter how much bugfixing and tweaking they do, and that may be true, I don't know.

Buy on discount, otherwise wait a year.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. tritosine2k Augur

tritosine2k
    The question is why this wasn't in use before if it's so good , and will it be in future or it's not so good. I say it won't , because some kind of leeway is used now that's not apparent to the average consumer (bad displays ,obv. ).

^ Top  
  25. Haplo Cipher Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Its obviously inferior to The Witcher 3 in most aspects.
    But the combat gameplay I've found more fun here - prefer decent shooting (great weapon design, nice visual feedback and animations) to bad melee. Of course, enemy AI could be better....

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.