1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Justicar Learned

Justicar
    Its clear they rushed this game out, just like the witcher 3 to not have a fucking walk button in a game you claim is immersive... the first I looked was walk toggle because the default speed is too fast for immershun yet found nothing...

:mixedemotions:

^ Top  
  2. oddech_wymarlych_swiatow Arcane

oddech_wymarlych_swiatow
    Metacritic user score is 6.7/10 now, PS4/Xboners are dropping bombs.

• decline decline x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Slam dunk! Slam dunk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. sys0nar Educated

sys0nar
    YESSSS!!!!!! MY PC CAN RUN CYBERPU-

Oh wait, thats Mass Effect, nevermind.

• Funny Funny x 7
    ^ Top  
  4. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Since this game is supposed to be in the same timeline as 2020, is there not a significant lack of technological advancement made in those 57 years?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. orcinator Liturgist

orcinator
    A cool trick you can do is pressing X or the middle mouse button multiple times and then it doesn't matter what you're using.

"it doesn't matter what you're using" is my main gripe with the game, the core gameplay is just so dull and forgiving you never have to think about anything. Randomly generated build? Shoot things to win. Build with actual synergies? Shoot things to win faster, maybe you can hack them or something and the extra stuns can improve your speedrun time.

feature update:
    A tech rifle can't fire while aiming
    Kids despawn when you enter a car

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    ^ Top  
  6. TheDiceMustRoll Game Analist

TheDiceMustRoll
    Just f****** craft them retard. Yall suck at rpgs. I never spend money on shit that isnt cyberware

• Rage Rage x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Druid Ardun Guest

Druid Ardun
    I'm 28 hours in and have over 300k. Indeed do bandit camps but to get some real money out of it you have to utilize crafting. Disassemble all the looted weapons and find the most expensive uncommon and common items you can craft. Items of higher grades are not optimal for making money as their parts are rare. Having skills invested in crafting will make you a real billionare, but it isn't necessarry.

This is the most optimal uncommon item I craft for money. Common items will make you less money per piece, but you can manufacture way more of them (Just look at how many common crafting parts I have).
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• nice nice x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. hivemind Cipher Patron Pretty Princess

hivemind
    what difficulty are you playing on?

I get two shot or one shot usually at very hard

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. kreight Educated

kreight
    what makes you think i didnt retard? dumbfucks on this forum jesus. Go shave ur neckbeard you moron

^ Top  
  10. Sigourn Futa Lover

Sigourn
    Let's see: up to the game's release, pretty much the only thing we have seen is the art and music, because there was barely any gameplay shown. And the artstyle was enough to hype people up.
    So yeah.

This game set 57 years into the future exaggerates trends already present in the real world? Call the press! (Stop the count!)

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Sigourn Futa Lover

Sigourn
    You are a goddamn retard if you think the directors don't have the final say in what the game's content looks and plays like but it's alright, we knew this from the start.
    That said, just give me the call and I'll autistically go through the entire credits just to see how many weeehmeeeen actually worked on the game.

• retadred retadred x 3
    ^ Top  
  12. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    I mean just disassemble drinks and sell the components

10k money in seconds

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    The real grind isn't money but athletics, I've been running around everywhere and still at level 1

20 hours played

^ Top  
  14. Druid Ardun Guest

Druid Ardun
    Yeah but thats something that will clearly be patched. Since I do all the side activities anyway, I prefer to do it the legit way that makes me feel like an absolute capitalist genius.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. orcinator Liturgist

orcinator
    Very hard nigga, I die fairly quick but not quick enough before I jump behind cover and vape. (Also my stats (except armor) at lv 15 are higher than yours at 21 despite not specializing in anything or touching the crafting feature.)

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    You can call me Nostradamus.

^ Top  
  17. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    I mean yeah it feels dirty but also they could easily have removed this before release

^ Top  
  18. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, I've been thinking the same things some pages back.

At least for Witcher 3 we have the Enhanced Edition mod. They should hire this guy, in case he is not already a developer there, because the rebalance and the reconnection of disconnected systems like crafting and learn-by-doing is suspiciously good.

That's one of the easiest things to patch as evidenced by the mods, but the deeper issues are worth being sorry for.

I'm pretty sure the itemization is not only intentionally MMO styled, but is also unfinished on top of that. It just doesn't make any kind of sense to have 30 types of drinks and they all apply the same status effect, could have had 5-10 instead. You'll say it's for immersion, I'll say this has cost a huge amount of money to write and design 2d and 3d in order for it to have been intended just for immersion. Or how about the clothes - I get it's MMO stuff, but high heels giving you more armor than work boots is outright confusing for the player. If your design is confusing for the player you can't excuse it with "MMO X works like that", it's just bad design. Itemization is an unfinished area of the game imo.

^ Top  
  19. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    There is no walk button because they only tested the game on a gamepad.

^ Top  
  20. orcinator Liturgist

orcinator
    The players in cyberpunk 2020 are called Edgerunners, of course they don't fucking walk.
    Coincidentally running along edges makes you go really fucking fast fast, clearly this is the Easter egg they put all their effort into.

^ Top  
  21. Justicar Learned

Justicar
    Probably I know their design team is retarted feel sorry for the writing and art team their work get buried under shitty ai and ton of bugs.

^ Top  
  22. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    I think there's a bunch of bugs related with the genitals selection. One time when I looked at V's apartment mirror, in the reflection my main character was completely naked, no underpants included.

^ Top  
  23. Mefi Cipher

Mefi
    waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
    You mean you've not had no trousers and no hair day yet?

[​IMG]

• hopw roewur ne x 4
    • How about this as a button x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. RRRrrr Arcane

RRRrrr
    Absolutely. Allow guns just in combat areas. Game over screen when running over pedestrians or just make walls separating them from the street. Anything would have been better than this, even cops coming around the corner and insta killing you.

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.