Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Id say grey and green inhalers and grenades are cheap and plentiful. The blue ones are indeed rare and more expensive.

Just f****** craft them retard. Yall suck at rpgs. I never spend money on shit that isnt cyberware

Druid Ardun

Also i know i am broken record but i can't stress enough how you constantly are scrapped for cash and everything is fucking expensive. 35 hours in and i didn't even change my car because i don't want to spend 20-30k on car as it is very expensive.
Good implants go for 30-80k, good mods similar.

And i estimate that in about 30 hours i earned more or less 100k

They went back to TW1 hobo days lol
Do bandit camps

I'm 28 hours in and have over 300k. Indeed do bandit camps but to get some real money out of it you have to utilize crafting. Disassemble all the looted weapons and find the most expensive uncommon and common items you can craft. Items of higher grades are not optimal for making money as their parts are rare. Having skills invested in crafting will make you a real billionare, but it isn't necessarry.

This is the most optimal uncommon item I craft for money. Common items will make you less money per piece, but you can manufacture way more of them (Just look at how many common crafting parts I have).
cHFf1OO.jpg

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
"it doesn't matter what you're using" is my main gripe with the game, the core gameplay is just so dull and forgiving you never have to think about anything. Randomly generated build? Shoot things to win. Build with actual synergies? Shoot things to win faster, maybe you can hack them or something and the extra stuns can improve your speedrun time.
what difficulty are you playing on?

I get two shot or one shot usually at very hard

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Here we have one instance of who the lead artist is, but ironically this is one of the aspects the game is most praised about.
Which to prise in it?

Let's see: up to the game's release, pretty much the only thing we have seen is the art and music, because there was barely any gameplay shown. And the artstyle was enough to hype people up.
So yeah.

Every time I see characters in game - on pics that is - they all looks like a FAGGOTS.

This game set 57 years into the future exaggerates trends already present in the real world? Call the press! (Stop the count!)

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Dude why THE FUCK do I need those directors? WHO MADE ACTUAL CONTENT FOR A GAME?
Do you remember that Tim Cane and Boyarsky BOTH WERE DIRECTORS TOO on AUTISTI WORLDS and we get SJW fest from it?
Do I need to post here a pic with combined ungliest faces in the Cucklifornia used for women NPC faces?
Is it Cane and Boyarsky who did this?
Thos directors you numbered mean nothing, because somewhere there, down the line are SJW fascist, waiting to push their agenda.

You are a goddamn retard if you think the directors don't have the final say in what the game's content looks and plays like but it's alright, we knew this from the start.
That said, just give me the call and I'll autistically go through the entire credits just to see how many weeehmeeeen actually worked on the game.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm 28 hours in and have over 300k. Indeed do bandit camps but to get some real money out of it you have to utilize crafting. Disassemble all the looted weapons and find the most expensive uncommon and common items you can craft. Items of higher grades are not optimal for making money as their parts are rare. Having skills invested in crafting will make you a real billionare, but it isn't necessarry.

This is the most optimal uncommon item I craft for money. Common items will make you less money per piece, but you can manufacture way more of them (Just look at how many common crafting parts I have).
cHFf1OO.jpg
I mean just disassemble drinks and sell the components

10k money in seconds

Druid Ardun

cHFf1OO.jpg

10k money in seconds

Yeah but thats something that will clearly be patched. Since I do all the side activities anyway, I prefer to do it the legit way that makes me feel like an absolute capitalist genius.

orcinator

Liturgist
"it doesn't matter what you're using" is my main gripe with the game, the core gameplay is just so dull and forgiving you never have to think about anything. Randomly generated build? Shoot things to win. Build with actual synergies? Shoot things to win faster, maybe you can hack them or something and the extra stuns can improve your speedrun time.
what difficulty are you playing on?

I get two shot or one shot usually at very hard

Very hard nigga, I die fairly quick but not quick enough before I jump behind cover and vape. (Also my stats (except armor) at lv 15 are higher than yours at 21 despite not specializing in anything or touching the crafting feature.)

Gerrard

Arcane
That's actually not bad, you picked the one feathery long hair style the game has I presume?

Yeah, what surprised me is that a lot of head gear takes into account what hairstyle you chose and adjust it. Good deal of those headpiecies does change hair for different one..

Traffic and peds amount heavily depends on part of city and hour. And game looks fucking nuts:

btw youtube fucking sucks. I recorded it and it doesn't even look half good as in game due to compresion and how blacks get fucked up. Pretty much the only way to get it right is to play game at 4k and upload it so that 1080p will rook right.

God, the flares, reflections and flashes off glass and metal are SO FUCKING ANNOYING...

Can't wait for the "next gen" graphics where everything is made out of shiny plastic so you can have some reflections in every scene. This will be the new chromatic aberration.
You can call me Nostradamus.

Yosharian

Arcane

cHFf1OO.jpg

10k money in seconds

Yeah but thats something that will clearly be patched. Since I do all the side activities anyway, I prefer to do it the legit way that makes me feel like an absolute capitalist genius.
I mean yeah it feels dirty but also they could easily have removed this before release

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just look at witcher 3 you can loot houses in front of the inhabitants

most of the criticism directed at cyberpunk open world can be directed at witcher 3 too yet that game has 9,4 user score while this gets 6,6
Yeah, I've been thinking the same things some pages back.

both witcher 3 and cyberpunk could be much better games with proper systems in place
At least for Witcher 3 we have the Enhanced Edition mod. They should hire this guy, in case he is not already a developer there, because the rebalance and the reconnection of disconnected systems like crafting and learn-by-doing is suspiciously good.

Its clear they rushed this game out, just like the witcher 3 to not have a fucking walk button in a game you claim is immersive
That's one of the easiest things to patch as evidenced by the mods, but the deeper issues are worth being sorry for.

I'm pretty sure the itemization is not only intentionally MMO styled, but is also unfinished on top of that. It just doesn't make any kind of sense to have 30 types of drinks and they all apply the same status effect, could have had 5-10 instead. You'll say it's for immersion, I'll say this has cost a huge amount of money to write and design 2d and 3d in order for it to have been intended just for immersion. Or how about the clothes - I get it's MMO stuff, but high heels giving you more armor than work boots is outright confusing for the player. If your design is confusing for the player you can't excuse it with "MMO X works like that", it's just bad design. Itemization is an unfinished area of the game imo.

Gerrard

Arcane
Its clear they rushed this game out, just like the witcher 3 to not have a fucking walk button in a game you claim is immersive... the first I looked was walk toggle because the default speed is too fast for immershun yet found nothing...

:mixedemotions:
There is no walk button because they only tested the game on a gamepad.

orcinator

Liturgist
Its clear they rushed this game out, just like the witcher 3 to not have a fucking walk button in a game you claim is immersive... the first I looked was walk toggle because the default speed is too fast for immershun yet found nothing...

The players in cyberpunk 2020 are called Edgerunners, of course they don't fucking walk.
Coincidentally running along edges makes you go really fucking fast fast, clearly this is the Easter egg they put all their effort into.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Probably I know their design team is retarted feel sorry for the writing and art team their work get buried under shitty ai and ton of bugs.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

pKS4tD7.jpg

help me understand this, why censor the pc but not the npcs?

I think there's a bunch of bugs related with the genitals selection. One time when I looked at V's apartment mirror, in the reflection my main character was completely naked, no underpants included.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some side quests are damn great, much better than the main storyline. Don't just rush through the game, fellas, you'll miss most interesting stuff.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
By the way, VtMB had better cops than this.
At least they didnt spawn out of thin air seriously how the fuck did they think nobody would notice this? I noticed after 1h of playing the game if this is the best they can do in terms of police system better cut it out entirely and don't let the player shoot randoms problem solved.
Absolutely. Allow guns just in combat areas. Game over screen when running over pedestrians or just make walls separating them from the street. Anything would have been better than this, even cops coming around the corner and insta killing you.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
You are too much of imbecile to suggest it's all DIFFERENT people, rigth?

Then the game is not SJW. For a game to be SJW there has to be someone high above calling the shots.

All the tranny shit is a perfect example of something that COULD make for an intelligent statement but doesn't because it's there for no reason other than window dressing. Something the trannies should actually be angry about, if they had an IQ above room temperature.

I swear, it's like some people live in an alternate reality where trannies are NOT shitting on the game because of how they are depicted in it.
Get outside your bubble for once, see what people are actually saying about this game.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

The game does look phenomenal. It's too bad that a few bad design choices will define the game. It looks really impressive, despite the rudimentary AI.

Drowed

Arcane
For me, it is absurdly clear that this game should never have been an open world. Most of its problems would be easily solved if the design of the areas was thought of as set pieces, instead of a big open map. You could create the fights in a more restricted and targeted way, put the enemies/police appearing in specific points of the map, etc. It's also clear that for those who like the game, its strong point is precisely the interaction with the characters, the various quests and events. The city itself is impressive to look at (if you're playing on a good PC), but essentially, it's a static backdrop with NPCs that have barebone AI and cars that follow predetermined lines on the ground like trains.

I saw some people saying that the game is more like a large scale Deus Ex than a GTA, and it seems that the CDPR should have put more Deus Ex in this recipe. It remains to be seen if in 5 or 6 months these problems will be solved, but I think it's unlikely because from what I can see, it's not a matter of systems that are not working well, but of systems that don't even exist inside the game and would need to be created and implemented to reach a minimally acceptable level.

To have a good experience here, it seems that the only option is to treat the open world just as an ornament and interact as little as possible with it, jumping from point of interest to point of interest to move on with the quests.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom