Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
dystopias are a cringe anyhow

there is a reason why the "wow cool guns" meme happens and it's because dystopic themes are generally myopic and uninteresting unless executed tremendously well and you share the same core political values as the author

and they absolutely don't belong in video games

Please stop posting. Not kidding. You shit up these threads w/ your opinions most of which are pretty awful. I have to filter through your shit tier hot-takes to get to actually interesting posts. Thanks <3
hivemind is in the top 41% of Codex posters.

51jqRXhwCWL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Johny Silverhand is the most cringe character in videogames I've seen so far.

Can't tell if playing well or useless AI.

Let me tell you two things:

1. Johnny is OP by design because he has 50% bigger cock than V.

2. The AI is dumb as shit and I haven't found behaviors more advanced than hide behind cover with the ocassional hacks and 'nades.

I started out hating Keanu Reeves because he was just so damn edgy all the time. But at least the character is consistent about it enough to where I can almost maybe respect him.

Even if he is an ideologically confused super terrorist.

Origin

Augur
Hoo boy, I am not having fun bros. I'd much rather replay Deus Ex, Human Revolution, GTA 5 or Sleeping Dogs.

Hey guys, here is the most expensive game in history. Also more expensive than any form of entertainment, Hollywood movies included.

I assume 90% of that amount was spent on reviews, there is no other explanation.

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Blame redittards screeching over having to ride to certain elite blacksmith every time to craft something in Witcher 3. Immershun my ass.
More like blame MMOs for this, because many MMOs employ mechanics of destroying loot from monsters to gain materials for crafting (it can be very grindy btw) and some MMOS (I think like Blade&Soul for example) go even further - players ran around whole game with one weapon (given at start) and all loot from dungeon and etc get destroyed to gain materials for enhancing start weapon/gear. Some mmos use heavy monetization on removing/changing gems/enchants/etc and players trapped in situation when they need to grind "this one black diamond for sword" or pay money, otherwise they will be underperform in raids and dungeons.
I have theory that at some point CDPR decided to go full retard AAA and turn Cyberpunk in looter-shooter instead (I think it was at time, when game changed it's director), but they already promised singleplayer game to people and decision was made to make underdeveloped singleplayer version that only slightly deviates from it's looter-shooter counter part in terms of RPG mechanics (shitty and bastardized) to minimize public meltdown at release (otherwise there would be more of butthurt) and focus on multiplayer version that will be full of micro transactions.
My theory supported by fact, that gunplay VERY similar to Destiny's (spongy enemies is needed to waste player's time in MMO) and unremovable mods on weapons sounds like "gems"/"incrustations" in MMO (if players want to get specific mod - they forced to dish out money to remove/change those in multiplayer).
It's just a theory, but in realm of possibility, since CDPR reached Ubisoft level of budget and high budget studious don't care about their customers and fan base.

Anyway, future will show - was my theory correct or not.

For better or worse redittards just as powerless as grognads against CDPR or any AAA studio, I doubt powerful AAA company would be interested in their feedback.

Last edited:

HarveyBirdman

Liturgist
Watch his doom videos then dude plays very well.
Let me tell you two things:

1. Johnny is OP by design because he has 50% bigger cock than V.

2. The AI is dumb as shit and I haven't found behaviors more advanced than hide behind cover with the ocassional hacks and 'nades.

I started out hating Keanu Reeves because he was just so damn edgy all the time. But at least the character is consistent about it enough to where I can almost maybe respect him.

Even if he is an ideologically confused super terrorist.

You have to try not to headshot for one shot kills in that mission even on very hard. Johnny's meant to be able to John Wayne it.
That's the first video I've seen of combat, so probably not a great representation then. Regardless, I never expected challenging combat. Really just hoping for Witcher-tier C&C and writing with enough actiony bits to remind me it's a video game.

Gerrard

Arcane
>raytraced shadows are only cast by sunlight and moonlight
So even with RT shadows on there would be no shadows cast from the light source in the scene I posted.
Next gen graphics, ladies and gentlemen.
I turned up all shadow options to max just to take this screenshot

1091500-20201211014429-1.jpg

Whoever claims this game has "best graphics evar" is a certified retard.

The Jester

Cipher
dystopias are a cringe anyhow

there is a reason why the "wow cool guns" meme happens and it's because dystopic themes are generally myopic and uninteresting unless executed tremendously well and you share the same core political values as the author

and they absolutely don't belong in video games

Please stop posting. Not kidding. You shit up these threads w/ your opinions most of which are pretty awful. I have to filter through your shit tier hot-takes to get to actually interesting posts. Thanks <3
Put IT in ignore list.

Perkel

Arcane
Whoever claims this game has "best graphics evar" is a certified retard.

I claim it and it is the best looking game. And only retard here is you. I don't even run with RT.
As for mentioned lack of shadows, DF video shows that normal lights do indeed cast shadows.
What you are looking at is probably light that was had no "RT" pass so it doesn't cast RT light at all just plain one.

Game without RT is best looking game around by a mile. Just discovered that under N there is photomode.

photomode_13122020_150255.png

photomode_13122020_150238.png

photomode_13122020_223023.png

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Finished game on very hard, took around 35-40 hours. Did most of the side jobs but skipped all police alarm and other lazy busywork quests. Only changed difficulty to easy for 2 brawling matches those were quite retarded. Difficulty was done very poorly mainly hp sponge bs and because of enemies weapons scale with your level some "very easy" quests were as hard as "moderate" difficulty ones. Sniper rifles I think were hands down best weapons did some 30k+ crits and because of assault rifles poor base dmg I did not find those useful at all for bosses. Itemization was quite similar to Witcher where legendary weapons become useless after few levels but crafting was not totally pointless made sniper rifle (base dmg was around 1200+) which did not need many shots for last boss. Perk system is also shit although 5% less fall dmg was a life saver multiple times :roll:. I would advice to buy double jump legs those were actually quite entertaining.

Game was not a total clusterfuck I expected it to be but I enjoyed Witcher 3 release version a lot more. Best part of the game were few side missions which were actually good
River and Jesus quests
. Worst part of the game was easily Johnny told him to fuck off every opportunity I got but obviously it did not have any significant change to anything.

6/10

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Since FitGirl released her repack friday night I've downloaded it and played some 5/6 hours since starting it Saturday night

Since I hadn't any expectations or hype for this even when that first teaser dropped in 2013, there was nothing to be disappointed with
In fact, today I was a bit surprised because after that mission of rescuing the girl from the gang, when the game finally releases it grip on you and lets you explore and do shit, I actually had some fun with the game
Didn't saw that one coming

Provided it was a very flawed kind of fun, one that couldn't build up to something greater because the game keeps fucking breaking and interrupting those moments
But if one day this is fixed, I might very well enjoy it

In a sentence, this game feels like a Deus Ex inspired total overhaul mod for GTA
And I mean back when GTA were still good games
Cruising around the city, taking side jobs, wreaking havok and having the liberty to chose to how I want the PC to behave (even if it's mostly binary choices) is pretty nice
Those moments felt like I was playing the game GTA was trying to be (before R* ruined it)

I would even go as far as to say that the ''RPG elements'' are what's keeping this game from its true potential
Instead of having such a tacked on and shitty system they should've dumped everything related to the attributes and skills away and restricted the different play styles to the backgrounds
So that way if you wanted the aggressive, combat oriented play style you go with Street Kid; for the stealth, hacking and diplomatic approach you have the Corpo; and Nomad for whatever is between those two or even a hybrid play style (plus an increased influence of these backgrounds in the campgain)
You could still upgrade your character via augments and chips (the latter having either info or programs), but these upgrades should be something truly substantial (either due to a drastic change in stats, or the access to new actions, tools and content)
As it stands this system is dog shit, filled with redundant and bland upgrades, plus the fact V is already pretty good at most activities

The other glaring gameplay problems would be:

-Itemization is even more retarded and busted than the one used in Witcher 3 (so gear levels up, and you're showered it so much shit just from partaking in a generic combat encounter)
-Economy is garbage; after 3 hours of free roam I already have enough money to buy out weapons shops (not that they serve any purpose); plus selling prices are ridiculously low, and while the purpose is obvious the end result is laughable as weapons that cost thousands of dollars are sold for 20 bucks, but you can sell a fucking necklace for 750 eurodollars because they are a rarer item than military grade machine guns
-Vehicle handling is shit, they accelerate way too fast but are super heavy, which makes turning corners a pain in the ass
-Like everyone already knows the AI is busted or even non-existent in some cases
-Clothes shouldn't give you armor, they should just be a cosmetic choice
-Healing items are just too abundant, already have 50 of this game's equivalent of minor healing potions
-Ammo is also too abundant, I already have enough bulllets too wipe out a platoon, but I beileve this tied up to the next point
-Enemies are complete bullet sponges, it really takes away from the combat when you can fill a common thug with 5 double barrel shots at close range and he still has half his HP
-Samething for V, he is difficult to kill even this early in the game all you have to do to stay alive is maintain a good distance, take cover to heal and empty a few mags, and run circles around the enemies because their AI can't deal with that and base V already runs like a ninja
-not a gameplay problem but the UI sucks, even after getting aquainted it's too cluttered, badly organized, filled with useless info, has too many submenus and overall it's readability is a problem

But so far the technical problems of this just take the cake
I doubt it's as bad as Fallout 76, but it really is up here
Besides the shit optimization, the overwhelming amount of bugs (which I find happen mostly during the story set pieces as opposed to free roaming) and the glitches, what's really impressive is that this game is guaranteed to break at one point or the other during long sessions
All of the times I've booted it up, after at least half an hour of play the game WILL break
It might just come at a grinding halt and force you to close it down in the task manager, it might just shut down because of some error, it might force your GPU to restart (yes it happened), shit sometimes it even shut down my computer
Doesn't matter what it is, play it long enough and it will break
Fuck if I change any graphical setting I have to immediately restart the game because it will crash a couple of minutes later

That's why I am seriously considering unnistalling this and wait for all the patches to come out before giving it another
Shit, if they make modding tools for this, I think I'll wait until it's equivalent of the W3EE mod

But when things run smoothly the game does look impressive
You can tell that the devs took great care into building the city and bust their ass trying to make it "playable"
So kudos to them for that

Pretty cool even with everything on Low

CP77.png

It somewhat resembles Witcher 1
A flawed but well-meaning project that was just too ambitious for the studio's capacity

Last edited:

v01

Novice
You guys will like this.
CYBERPUNK ONLY USES 1.5GB OF VRAM AND 3.5G OF RAM

aOObDhn.png

Please take a look at the above picture. This picture shows the configuration columns for each platform. PC, Durango, Orbis. (Durango & Orbis is what XBox & PlayStation run on).

Now take a look at PoolCPU and PoolGPU. These values are the same as the other platforms. This looks off. So I decided to give it a try and just screw around with this config. So based off my rig I assigned some values that made a little more sense to me.

xTnf0VX.png

I assigned 16GB (of RAM I guess) to my CPU and 11GB of my GPU's VRAM.

And howdy cowboy, my i7 finally woke the fuck up and started kicking in second gear, now working at 85 - 95% CPU usage. My 1080Ti also now uses 230 Watts on avg instead of a sad 100W.

fP32eka.png

Booted the game and et voila, I am now rocking a solid 60+ fps on:

High Settings
No Film Grain, No Ambient Occlusion, Lens Flare etc.
80 Fov
1440p

My loading times have gone down from 20 seconds to 2.

>I can't put the emotion in words how I felt when I discovered this. It was something between disbelief, immense joy and confusion.

I can confirm GOG patch 1.04 and Steam patch 1.04 have this borked configuration file.

If you need guidance on what to assign in your config:

PoolCPU: Use half of what your RAM is, make sure to leave 4GB for windows tho.
PoolGPU: Google your graphics card on google and see how much VRAM it has. For example my EVGA 1080Ti has 11 GB GDDR5X, so I am entering 11GB.

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...cd_projekt_red_i_think_you_shipped_the_wrong/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom