Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

JustMyOnion

Educated
After derping around in this game a bit (even at v 1.04 it's still pretty beta), I realized another difference between Bethesda and CDPR:

Bethesda developes their games for consoles and then halfassedly ports them to the pc. But since it runs well on consoles, not much butthurt happens.

Did we forget PS3 Skyrim dipping to single digit FPS after 60h of play because the game required 512mb of ram and PS3 only had 256?
"Bethesda develops their games for the Xbox and ports it to everything else" would be a more correct statement.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Now Imagine what would happen if Todd tried to create a city of this scale
It would look like GTA San Andreas but with 20 fps on a xbawx one. Gamebryo provides.

And we would get awsome perks like:
Level 5: deal 10% more dmg (enemies already have 200% more HP by then)
Level 15: get 1 more ram (all hacks already require 3 more by then thanks to level scaling)

You would also be able to become brawling champion at level 2.

"See that corpo tower in the distance? You can climb it."
:hearnoevil:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
is it me, or are the ambient sounds in the game just awful? i felt more like i am among a crowd in a fucking neverwinter nights tavern than in the games redlight district.

music fucking sucks, too.

Every time I hit escape to pause and check something on my other monitor the weird scratching noises that play make me fear for my computer.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
It doesn't focus on them at all

Game doesn't focus on the fact with pronounces and tranny Vi you can create.
Game doesn't focus on the fact it has next to nothing white characters.
Game doesn't focus of on fact you don't have white women for romance.
Game doesnt' focus on fact there are several trannies whores in game.
Game just doesn't focus on that - because it's natural for the game!
But when game will focus on that you will know what Real SJW is!
But not now, not today. Today is SJW-free!

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
All black metal is shit, there are no exceptions, none. That said at least the one you linked accomplishes the whole "we do atmosphere, not melody" thing, while the later song was just noise.
Says the rap apologist.

It would look like GTA San Andreas but with 20 fps on a xbawx one. Gamebryo provides.
If Bethesda switches off Gamebryo, they lose the bulk of their modding community. I don't know about you, but I don't think Fallout 4 with The Witcher 3's mod catalogue is all that appealing. Besides, most technical faults people bitch about actually have less to do with the engine and more with their Bethesda's QA and development practices.

Robber Baron

Savant
The only real SJW moment so far is Judy being a genuine lesbo(or so they say on the internet, havent done her quests myself). Don't care about romances, but a cute girl being a lesbo means she's fucked in the head and Judy seemed reasonable enough from the prologue.

racofer

Thread Incliner
EpLqtZ8XEAIEqsX

Thanks for all the money goyim! See you next year!!

:positive:

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
so they put glados inside this game including a "cake" joke but putting ciri into the game as a romance option or at least as a joytoy goes too far and breaks immersion?
fuck off polacks

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The only real SJW moment so far is Judy being a genuine lesbo(or so they say on the internet, havent done her quests myself). Don't care about romances, but a cute girl being a lesbo means she's fucked in the head and Judy seemed reasonable enough from the prologue.
Nigga she's inked all over and sports a side shave. Of course she's a lebbo.

Vatnik Wumao
so they put glados inside this game including a "cake" joke but putting ciri into the game as a romance option or at least as a joytoy goes too far and breaks immersion?
fuck off polacks
I'm guessing that they couldn't add Ciri as a character due to copyright issues.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
And that is precisely why SJW autists are screeching.

What a piece of bullshit. When they start to SCREECH they ruin careers, ruin lifes, ruin games.
But yeah, it's conveniet to point on some and say they screech, thus it's SJW-free game it's SJW but actually safe, SJW but not SJW.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Eight. Years.:lol::lol:

Why not just ship the dev tools with the gayms like Todd Howard does?

It's highly unlikely they spent the last 8 years making this game
Considering how game dev works and reading from the wikipedia article, what probably went around their offices was something like this:

-it's mid 2012, Witcher 2 EE has been released and Witcher 3 entered production almost a year ago (dialogue was already being recorded by this time)
-so CDPR higher ups started thinking about their next big project after W3
-the previous year Deus Ex HR had come out with a good amount of success and also maybe some of the higher ups were fans of the Cyberpunk PnP system, so the choice was made to make a Cyberpunk open-world rpg
-so they get into talks with Pondsmith, a deal is made and so in their excitement they cook up a teaser trailer and upload it in early 2013 to hype both the consumers and investors
-in the next 2 years however CDPR is pretty much just focused on getting Witcher 3 out, with perhaps only a handful of devs talking with Pondsmith and coming up with ideas
-2015, W3 is out so they can now properly start working on CP77, but there's still alot of updates, DLC's and 2 Expansions planned for the next year so they relinquish only a small part of the staff to work on CP (50 acording to wikipedia)
-Blood & Wine releases, so finally all hands on deck can work on CP77
-But oh no, not yet, to achive the scope they want their engine must be upgraded, and as such at least a year was spent making RED Engine 3 wich acording to the wikipedia meant alot of parterships (and 3rd party software crammed in)
-in the meantime the concept artists start designing the assets and the city (apparentely they even hired urban engineers to help them with the latter), and script writers plan the campgain
-so it's like mid 2017 and only now they're making the game proper
-for the next year they cobble up enough stuff together to make a gameplay demo for 2018's E3
-around which time they approach Keanu to play Johnny Silverhand (so only by then was the script in a somewhat finished state)

So all and all this is like what?
2 and half years of actual development?
No wonder a project of this size would fuck up...

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The SJW stuff is superficial box-ticking to appease the HR department Stasi and social media. In fact that's what real SJWs are complaining about.

It doesn't make it less pushing of agenda.
All your guys maneuvering is simpley a cowadice to admit that.

There's no maneuvering.

There's quite a difference between heartfelt SJW crap and box-ticking SJW crap. The former is MUCH more obnoxious. The worst you can say about corporate box-ticking is that every bit of it adds a little to a general atmosphere of normalization and acceptability of degeneracy - and I'll grant you that's bad. But the real thing is on another level, it's a power trip that befuddles and intimidates normies.

eXalted

Arcane
I choose the Corpo origin - wanted to taste some of that high life stuff and then fuck them up from the inside.

Literally 10 minutes later the "origin" story is over - they fuck me up and I am on the street just like every other player start.

:hmmm:
okay.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected

me being a virgin neckbeard and all, first thing i did was finish the judy questline and
the quest where you go on a diving date with her
felt so fucking
gay

it honestly completly killed my interest for her. if lesbian dates are boring like that irl thank god i'm straight.
i seriously hope the other girl's (panam) questline turns out better, even though i think judy is overall the cuter one in terms of looks.

Vatnik Wumao

me being a virgin neckbeard and all, first thing i did was finish the judy questline and
the quest where you go on a diving date with her
felt so fucking
gay

it honestly completly killed my interest for her. if lesbian dates are boring like that irl thank god i'm straight.
i seriously hope the other girl's (panam) questline turns out better, even though i think judy is overall the cuter one in terms of looks.
Panam is a hetero exclusive.

Robber Baron

Savant
I choose the Corpo origin - wanted to taste some of that high life stuff and then fuck them up from the inside.

Literally 10 minutes later the "origin" story is over - they fuck me up and I am on the street just like every other player start.

yep only street kid feels natural

Vatnik Wumao

yep only street kid feels natural
Nomad feels natural as well given Jackie's personality. You were already going to Night City in search of work and Jackie helping you settle in isn't hard to believe.

Divinity: Original Sin

Well, I started playing this game only yesterday due to the fucking download system of GOG galaxy, which made me lose my pre-load and have to download it all again, and then lose half of it due to donwloading the patch and have no sufficient space on my SSD. Had to move the folder to another SSD and had to redownload the whole 38 GB of who knows what.

Had no bugs or problems, but only played the prologue and the beginning of first act. The AI, in peds and cars, the police, may seem like a disappointment, but I look at this things mostly as cosmetic things. Let's see if it will annoy me in the long run. graphically, I crancked all to ultra/psycho with RT on and it was about 30 FPS, but a little choppy in some areas. I'm still about to decide if I keep RT on or off, because it is visually great. Maybe i'll tone it down a little. Maybe use it only in photo mode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom