Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

just

Liturgist
i accidently pressed photo mode and you know what
v is a fucking manlet
only children are smaller than you

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
i accidently pressed photo mode and you know what
v is a fucking manlet
only children are smaller than you

I think they built the first-person camera with the female model in mind, and then when they added photo mod, they said fuck it and just kept male V at the same height.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I'm amused, but not surprised, that the Japanese were used as Chinese surrogates in having a military and corporate foothold in the FUSA. It hearkens back to 'Homefront', where the invading villain/China-stand ins were the Norks, of all people.
If anyone figures out how to disable the intro and warning screens, please post. I haven't found any .bik files to rename/delete like in the old days.

Perkel

Arcane
ouch :

t4x3jlpdvd561.jpg

wyes gull

Savant
I can see what people mean by "no builds". Just went to clouds, found a PURPLE KATANA in a crate, was easily able to hack and slash my way through everything despite never having used one or being particularly strong. I specced for pistols and intelligence.
It's probably because you've been putting pts into Reflexes, which makes everything under it easily usable. I mean, I've most of my perks on Blades but even without any on Handguns/Assault, it's almost as easy getting kills with the smart handgun/sniper I keep as backups as it is with the katana. I say almost bc I can 1-shot most moderate level enemies even with light attack. Heavy attack I mostly just use for style.
I mean, my Blades level is 9 which seems low considering how much I've used them (especially odd when you gain a blades level after killing someone with a gun or vice-versa) so I reckon not only is progression borked, the relevant Stat level (20 Reflexes in my case) seems to be doing all the heavy lifting.

Why they decided Assault Rifles/SMGs, Handguns and Katanas should be tied to one stat and LMGs, Shotguns, Fists and Blunt to another, I'll never know. I guess that way you can spec into something with limited use and still rely on altogether different weapons for different circumstances without much forethought. But weird, it is.

And that is without bringing into question the difference in base DPS between weapons you can use at lvl 1 and ones you can use at 24. I don't remember how much DPS the starter katana did but I recently grabbed a gun off the floor that did 40. My current katana does 1122. Doesn't that strike anyone else as too wide a gap?

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

This is in-world fiction, right? Please tell me that's in-world fiction. That's retarded lore-building. Like they just left an infinitely-replicating mine AI just do it's thing and END ALL MARITIME trade. And the corp just gets away with it?

Wow. That's dumb on so many levels.

Gargaune

Magister
Shill says he feels "duped" for willingly signing their NDA agreeing to their every demand and shilling, LOL:

Wait, is it THE Jeff Grubb? Who was at TSR in the eighties?

The way he puts it, CDPR is the new DNC.

No, look up "Jeff Grubb TSR" on Google, the author's in his sixties. He'd also probably not write stuff like "I wish I would've been [...]."

Turjan

Arcane
A question for the people who played the game:
Is it realistic for them to actually fix the issues in 6-12months? A lot of issues seem very fundamental, like the AI etc.
Wouldn't you kind of have to completely rework multiple major system in the game for this to work?

They plan to milk support this game for the next 6-7 years, minimum. Eventually they will rewrite and fix the AI, either as part of a gigaPatch or an expansion. It would be illogical for them not to try and fix this. This is not likely to happen for at least a year though, I'd guess.

I have to assume that at some point, the devs did explore traffic/pedestrian/police AI. Whatever came of it, and how much additional work, is anybody's guess. IIRC, in the stakeholder's call, CDPR did refer to AI issues as bugs (or they viewed them as bugs), so that's what got this conspiracy theory started.
Some improvements on the AI's reactivity, both to the environment and to the player, are a must. They simply can't hope to ship the MMO with NPC AI that doesn't present some more fun reactions when stealing cars, etc.

Since it's something that both singleplayer and multiplayer will take advantage of, I think it makes sense to expect game updates that improve it.
That sounds very reasonable, which is why I hope this will happen. While I enjoy the game, I enjoy it despite its warts. It's painfully obvious they tried to include everything what's popular from several popular franchises, and most of that came out half-assed. And the city still looks best at night. I now saw some of the bugs with car visibility at the city borders (starting Riders in the Storm at the moment). You can also see that many elements have been designed for something that's not there (yet ?).

I'd wish for a 3rd person view, though I don't get my hopes up. Although they need to accommodate for showing players for an MMO.

Disclaimer: I didn't really follow any of the pre-release footage, ads, articles or anything, so I went into this more or less blindly, not knowing what to expect. I more or less bought the game because I find the theme interesting. While I know the p&p system behind this, I wasn't really a fan. It just makes me feel nostalgic, in an 80's kind of way.

Turjan

Arcane

This is in-world fiction, right? Please tell me that's in-world fiction. That's retarded lore-building. Like they just left an infinitely-replicating mine AI just do it's thing and END ALL MARITIME trade. And the corp just gets away with it?

If the corps are the only powers that are left, there's nobody left to rule in corps but other corps. It's kind of straightforward.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Harrumph.
Eyepatch BIPOC tasks me to save BIPOC stronk wahmen doctor held captive by gang. Proceed to slay said gang members (bonus XP and street cred by headshotting each downed corpse). Engage in convo with surgeon, who insists I help her save dying bandit/captor. Comply, as I want my $$. Walk xir ass out to the car, then return to finish off thug. Game won't let me aim/shoot. Try fragging him. Immune. Fuuuuuuck. Shoot random hobo in frustration. Get instantly oneshot by NCPD sniper.
MFW I should have choked out doc and dumped her in trunk of waiting car.
Did you have an SJW-induced seizure while writing this?

Turjan

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that running "surprisingly well" on consoles is basically the devs being surprised it runs at all. Old news at this point.
That was my first thought when I read that headline. I'm kind of used to "corporate speak".

Frozen

Arcane
So i guess its

Serves them right for wanting to channel their inner Bethesda.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

If the corps are the only powers that are left, there's nobody left to rule in corps but other corps. It's kind of straightforward.

It's also kind of straightforward that the writers have no sense of scale. Maritime trade is massive and vital to not only regional economies, but also food transport. This is an apocalyptic event.

Starwars

Arcane
I'm about 14 hours and am enjoying it overall. But nothing's *really* grabbing me, while there are plenty of things that annoy me. In the Witcher 3, there were so many things that I flat out didn't like (many of which make a return in Cyberpunk) but the characters, parts of the story and quests and overall atmosphere of the world really pulled me into the game.
For Cyberpunk, I expected it to be pretty janky overall so I'm not really surprised by that aspect of it. But I also expected to be more impressed regarding the writing and all of that stuff. There have been some nice moments but I dunno... the characters so far don't really do it for me, and V feels pretty damn meh. Keanu has been a complete waste so far.

Night City feels... very artificial. There are lots of nice aspect to it, love the ads, the looks of some of the clubs etc. There are nice spots. But it doesn't really come together for me. It does not feel like a city to me.
And the "encounter design", where you find combat around the city just feels incredibly uninspired. All made worse by loot system, skull enemies and all of that.

The way quests and characters get introduced to you via the phone sucks, though some of the quests are fairly nice.

I'm definitely gonna keep playing the game because it is still fun to me. But while I expected a lot of the jank present in the game, I also expected the highs to be way higher. So far, I haven't really been that invested in... well, anything in the game.

Perkel

Arcane

Nope. This is world of 77. Also you don't seem to understand Arasaka status. They effectively run Japan and Japan is one of superpowers in 77 along with europe and china i think. Europe outright is paradise compared to US while Japan is something like from BLAME where people live in boxes. Goro even says that he lived in Chiba 16 slums before Arasaka recruited child soldiers for their corpo war.

US gov for comparison broke up and only controls like half the states which often go to war with each other. Night City for example is not US territory. It is free city.

It's also kind of straightforward that the writers have no sense of scale. Maritime trade is massive and vital to not only regional economies, but also food transport. This is an apocalyptic event.

Actually they do. Food is huge issue in cyberpunk and most of meat for example is synthmeat there is no much trade between nations and they live more like closed off states. Night City is literally i think the most prosperous city in whole US at time of 77 and US is dying. If you play as Nomad there is one quest in which you get NOMAD tag blue text where V explains how smaller towns and villages seems to be dying faster and faster. Nomads if i remember it right are literally US farmers who were bought out via gov corruption from their farms and had to start to raid corpos for survival forming clans.

Goverments do exist in Cyberpunk. Part of reason why Arasaka had to fuck off from US for a while was US government waging war on them with Militech but it lead to breakup of US and after NC declared independence Arasaka again took over. They are mostly blow up dollls for corporations which is strangely pretty fucking woke considering happenings in our world.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane

Well, you have flying ships now. And what about the world makes you think it didn't got through an apocalyptic event?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Well, you have flying ships now. And what about the world makes you think it didn't got through an apocalyptic event?

Like an actual apocalypse, not just an apocalypse-lite. But whatever, I'm not a scientician. I'm not going to research into the hypothetical effects of the destruction of sea life and the emergence of fucking grey goo just because some writer somewhere sucks at their job.

Yeah, it's fucking r/gaming, I don't give a shit.

Turjan

Arcane

Like an actual apocalypse, not just an apocalypse-lite. But whatever, I'm not a scientician. I'm not going to research into the hypothetical effects of the destruction of sea life and the emergence of fucking grey goo just because some writer somewhere sucks at their job.

You're looking at an established p&p RPG system here, in case you forgot. One of the earlier ones, in fact (first release 1988). I guess the game got adapted a bit because it may be a bit too retrofuturistic for today's audiences, but much of the lore stems for there. I doubt anyone today would pick Japan as the coming superpower. Or Europe...

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

You're looking at an established p&p RPG system here, in case you forgot. One of the earlier ones, in fact (first release 1988). I guess the game got adapted a bit because it may be a bit too retrofuturistic for today's audiences, but much of the lore stems for there.

Is this piece of lore from Pondsmith though? Because I do not remember any of this from details of the 4th corp war, and the destruction of global maritime travel is kind of a big deal.

Perkel

Arcane

Maxico is radioactive wasteland. If you play aldecados questline there are bunch of veterans that explain their experience in corporate war and they effectively were 24/7 in those machines drinking nothing but ioidine fighting in radioactive wastelands. Johny aslo is veteran of war though not 4th corporate war like those from aldecado.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom