Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Yoomazir

Educated
I feel bad for Male V....boy did he cucked when it comes to advertising.
Part of the ESG course, expect more of it in CDPR future games

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Part of the ESG course, expect more of it in CDPR future games
12j8fpz.jpg

Quillon

Arcane
Why? He was the main version in ad material for the base game. Female V was the main version in ad material for the expansion.
fem V was still in presentations, first 45 mins of gameplay was with fem V f.i. where as they completely ignored male V everywhere after some point couple years ago, also as I said before in another thread

also that's one fugly fem V on the poster

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We’ve sat down with Dawid Podsiadło – the singer and songwriter behind “Let You Down” and “Phantom Liberty” – to talk about his two biggest passions in life: music and games!

Mauman

Learned
Why? He was the main version in ad material for the base game. Female V was the main version in ad material for the expansion.
fem V was still in presentations, first 45 mins of gameplay was with fem V f.i. where as they completely ignored male V everywhere after some point couple years ago, also as I said before in another thread

also that's one fugly fem V on the poster
Not even Bioware went as far with the whole femshep (who's overrated IMO) deal. At least M. Shep was still around and in promo stuff. CDPR has practically gone full Stalin unperson with male V.

It's actually kinda creepy. I mean, they even went as far as to CHANGE THE GOG GALAXY BANNER for the game's gamepage. That's just....why?

Oh, and all of this happened WAY before Phantom Liberty was a thing.

Quillon

Arcane
I don't really care about promos but when they make fem versions canon it becomes annoying; why the fuck are you invalidating my playthrough after you allowed the choice? most RPGs had gender choice and there were never even a "which one is canon?" question until ubishit came into the scene with Odyssey, started going downhill from there, this is only the beginning

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Songbird is the realest womban character in vidya gaymez ever

>i dindu nuffin
>it was everybody else fault
>millions must die so we can live
>sorry v it was a lie *backstab
>i'm the best hacker gets gangrapped by blackwall AIs

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
I don't really care about promos but when they make fem versions canon it becomes annoying...
Who is talking about canon? It's just marketing in the current time and we all see with Disney how this is going in the long run ;)!

Quillon

Arcane
I don't really care about promos but when they make fem versions canon it becomes annoying...
Who is talking about canon? It's just marketing in the current time and we all see with Disney how this is going in the long run ;)!
its the case with ubisoft's odyssey and valhalla where fem versions are canon, not YET the case here yeah

also if you are talking about Disney movies/woke movies; a shitty agenda driven writer/manager can easily ruin a movie but games have a lot of shit going on for them for such people to easily ruin everything

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't really care about promos but when they make fem versions canon it becomes annoying; why the fuck are you invalidating my playthrough after you allowed the choice? most RPGs had gender choice and there were never even a "which one is canon?"
Revan from KOTOR1 was made canonically male and the Exile from KOTOR2 canonically female. Years before AC: Odyssey. So much for not invalidating anyone's playthroughs :-D

Caim

Arcane
Wasn't the issue with AC Odyssey that in a later DLC or in the next game it was revealed that the main character had kids, which can invaldiate the sexuality the player went with in the game?

Quillon

Arcane
I don't really care about promos but when they make fem versions canon it becomes annoying; why the fuck are you invalidating my playthrough after you allowed the choice? most RPGs had gender choice and there were never even a "which one is canon?"
Revan from KOTOR1 was made canonically male and the Exile from KOTOR2 canonically female. Years before AC: Odyssey. So much for not invalidating anyone's playthroughs :-D
I wasn't aware of them when/after I played them, I guess fewer soyboys were proudly declaring to jerking off to their PC on the interwebz back then

Also "Star Wars"...

Mauman

Learned
I wasn't aware of them when/after I played them, I guess fewer soyboys were proudly declaring to jerking off to their PC on the interwebz back then

Also "Star Wars"...
It's especially funny considering KOTOR2's female playthrough was very unpopular because the female only companion you got was nowhere near as cool, useful, or integral to the plot as the male only companion.

Course, they retconned it as having both companions joining the exile. Still silly.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Also "Star Wars"...
My point is, making rpg characters' gender 'canon' has been done since 2003 at least, long before the times of wokeness. It started with Revan, who was canonically male (also, according to what now is SW Legends, he later married Bastilla and had children with her).

Btw, CDPR never made any version of V canon. If anything male V was a hero of most trailers and his face was on the box of CP2077 base game, far more popular than Phantom Liberty.

jackofshadows

Magister
My point is, making rpg characters' gender 'canon' has been done since 2003 at least, long before the times of wokeness.
You don't get it. The whole point is that now is "the times" so the same on the surface decisions could be made because of diffierent reasons.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My point is, making rpg characters' gender 'canon' has been done since 2003 at least, long before the times of wokeness.
You don't get it. The whole point is that now is "the times" so the same on the surface decisions could be made because of diffierent reasons.
May I remind you we've been talking about Cyberpunk 2077 - a game in which neither V is 'canon'?

Same with Mass Effect, too. Neither Shepard is canon and I seem to remember maleShep on the box cover.

It seems to me only Ubisoft does it in a really dumb 'woke' manner.

jackofshadows

Magister
Lord_Potato you're either blind or being dishonest. Whatever suits you, I don't care. Whether CDPR are simply riding trends or doing what they're doing for another purpose don't matter. By the way, I wonder if the marketing team would change their strategy after the glorious The Marvels flop.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lord_Potato you're either blind or being dishonest. Whatever suits you, I don't care. Whether CDPR are simply riding trends or doing what they're doing for another purpose don't matter. By the way, I wonder if the marketing team would change their strategy after the glorious The Marvels flop.
You're seeing things where there simply aren't any. Neither V is canon. You've been trained to search for wokeness so hard now you suspect it might hide in your closet or under your bed. Stop before it completely rots your brain away.

jackofshadows

Magister
You're seeing things where there simply aren't any. Neither V is canon. You've been trained to search for wokeness so hard now you suspect it might hide in your closet or under your bed. Stop before it completely rots your brain away.
Again you're missing the point. It's not about which is canon, it's about how the game in question is advertising. Like, if you watch a PL trailer you'll see it's consist of girlbosses and niggers. That's it. And honestly, it's perfectly reflects the end product so I don't even blame them.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Claiming that V is canon to Cyberpunk is like claiming that Jaheira is canon to Dungeons & Dragons. The franchises were around a LOT longer than those characters were and to bring them into the argument is rather specious at best.

There aren't many CRPGs whose main characters really can be considered 'canon' if they're based on previous IP. Geralt is one, for example.

Now, their gender? Why is this even being discussed again?

Mauman

Learned
Now, their gender? Why is this even being discussed again?
Because of a misunderstanding. The original point wasn't about V's gender being canon. That was a mistake made by another. The point is that one gender is now basically unpersoned by cdpr.

I don't know if Potato is being naive or disingenuous. Fem V was ALWAYS in promos and advertisements, even at the beginning. It was less than Male V obviously, but she did get her spotlight.

Now we have the opposite, but at such an extreme I find it a bit disturbing.

Reddit already rewrote the past to say female V is getting her time in the limelight after male V hogged it for so long, and that it's not happening, but it's good that it's happening because male V is a generic white guy. It's over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom