Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Quillon

Arcane
You're seeing things where there simply aren't any. Neither V is canon.
...for now. With these industry trends & CDPR's behavior on the topic at hand there is a good chance for them to make fem V canon in the sequel.

I play AC games to waste time and don't care about the story much but it was still annoying seeing Kassandra show up in a questline as the canon Eagle Bearer instead of Alexios who was my PC. Not that V would show up in a sequel but when it comes up in a convo or something they might refer to V as she/her...oh fuck they could just refer to V as "them" lmao

Tyrr

Liturgist
Bioware tried the same with female Shepard. Pushing her while most players preferred the male one.
So this is just another step of CDPR following Bioware. And we all know where that path leads.

Soon we will get the CDPR's ME:A.

Shaja

Educated
Male V <3

And spending his last 6 months of life with Panam and the Aldecaldos is the true canon <3

Also, his voice actor is a true gamer who played the game from beginning to end.
Female V voice actress is too busy breastfeeding.

Male V wins xoxo

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Male V <3

And spending his last 6 months of life with Panamn and the Aldecaldos is the true canon <3
Yes! I got this ending first and although I tried most other ones, I think this one is without a doubt the best one. V gets to live the rest of his life with a woman he loves and surrounded by friends.

The Afterlife ending is second, it also has a bit of poetry in it, but V dumps Panam/Judy and teams up with this asshole Mr. Blue Eyes, which spoils it for me.
Also, his voice actor is a true gamer who played the game from beginning to end.
Female V voice actress is too busy breastfeeding.

Male V wins xoxo
In Polish male V voice actor is also very good. Didn't spend much time with female V though (yet).

Quillon

Arcane
I don't have much of an opinion on female V VO other than on videos hearing her deliver every line so presumptuously... I don't know how anyone can endure listening to her for more than 15 secs

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Most people here would describe me as furthest from the blind chauvinist polish patriot stereotype, but i have to say that cyberpunk and its DLC which i've recently played is still more enjoyable than western slop like ubigames, the last of us, and other western big action games. You could say that it's due to using established already made lore, instead of innovating something new, but we all know how many games based on some books or other piece of fiction came out as mediocre or downright shit. Despite absolutely annoying and atrocious characters like Reed and Alex, the silly "presidentwoman", the Songbird character actually made sense, her actions and morality. I enjoyed the story and the ending was actually quite surprising. Even though the DLC added some new feats, the combat stay the same boring number munching on bullet sponges, or just use revolver with high crit and pistolero build and headshot everyone[which i did]. Don't get discouraged due to shitty beginning, the president slop part will end and you will get rewarded with nice fight at the end. It actually shows how uneven this game is, where some parts were really well designed not only graphically but gameplay wise, while some others were pretty sloppy, which shows with models and textures not being on par. What im really missing, is the high corporate culture quests and scenarios, where you actually don't use as much as your muscles, but that's maybe a chance for an arasaka oriented spinoff, maybe some corporate detective game in cyberpunk setting? Or a specops soldier team doing some nice missions in second chinese civil war? Or cyberpunk soviet edition and cold war 2.0 against or with sovoil in LATAM?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What im really missing, is the high corporate culture quests and scenarios, where you actually don't use as much as your muscles, but that's maybe a chance for an arasaka oriented spinoff, maybe some corporate detective game in cyberpunk setting?
wait no longer, this spinoff is already here:
co1max.webp

It's got quality cutscenes:
05_png.jpg

It's got action:
sc6qpt.webp

It's got infiltrating:
a14c231c-abf1-11ed-af3d-02420a00012f.webp

It's got jumping!
sc6qps.webp

And most importantly, hacking!
19a170d5d325ab3fc4246c299b8d5dc7.jpg

Finally, judging from the title, it also has plotting!

Available on you cellphone with Java!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Our most dedicated netrunners have gained access to the infamous Night City Archives Check out the first file, which uncovers the expansive history of Night City and recaps its most crucial events!

Shaja

Educated
Very interesting they are making this campaign of videos now.

This is the kind of videos you make during early development to get to know your project.

Perkel

Arcane
played a bit with various builds and yeah... build diversity is killed in 2.0. You are mega railoaded into specific build dev wanted and going outside of it barely works.

What is left uses retarded "+something on tuesday night and sunday morning" type of buffs most of the time for those which matter.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I watched this anime and I thought it's mediocre at best, and has retarded ending.

Music was great though.

Come to think of it, that's exactly like Cyberpunk 2077!

I wouldn't recommend watching it, unless you're bored, I just watched it sick with flu, feeling too bad to play anything.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Following up on our most recent heist, here is episode two of Night City Archives

This time we’ve got information about how the divided nation and the rise of the NUSA impacted the development of Night City.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom