Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Moink

Cipher
I wanted more smashing with Judy, not an harder Smasher
Hangouts were mentioned, unsure if this means bowling minigame or just going out for drinks.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49591/update-2-1-accessibility-features

"Removing the timer in the Breach Protocol minigame" seems unnecessary since you have infinite time to plan the route, but I won't complain.

"An option that can enable or disable cycling to arm cyberware when cycling through equipped weapons" is nice.

He said there'll be some sort of random encounter system, with hitmen from gangs attacking you after you've done things to piss them off.

New opened highway between japantown and wellsprings. (this one)

Perkel

Arcane
from stream:

v2.1:

- 5 new bikes
- few new cars
- metro system
- reworked one highway in nightcity
- repeatable racing missions (this time without tranny) which give access to new cars and discounts
- hanging out with your waifu partner in NC
- accessibility tab
- reworked few bosses
- radio on foot
- more stuff usable on bikes (like knives)
- bikes physics reworked
- more cats in game
- gang reputation (in sense that if you will hit their folks few times they might send goons after you in car or on foot)
- some missions now track if you were stealthily or not and if not goons will drive after you.

more important stuff coming (they didn't want to spoil) in patch notes

Overall for just 0.1 seems like decent patch. I really wonder if they will follow this with more patches like that.
They didn't need to do 2.1 at all considering reception they got so maybe this is new PR scheme where they will drop every few months updates to keep people talking about game.

Apparently news is that half of CDPR works already on The Witcher 4 so that still leaves rest of CDPR doing something. I doubt all of them work on patches to C77 but maybe they left team or two to do such patches every once in while.

MasPingon

Arcane
Great changes, but I was hoping they would fix broken Johny Silverhand's approval system. Starting to doubt they are even aware of it.

lightbane

Arcane
Sheesh, this is going to break many mods, assuming they haven't stolen and adapted some of said mods, as these new features sound like currently existing mods (ie: improving gangs).

Perkel

Arcane
hanging out with your waifu partner in NC
What does it mean? There will be honk honk?

There's more degenerate sex in Baldur's Gate 3 than Cyberpunk, makes you think

Probably something like that mod. Basically you call your waifu to club and you drink with her (that was in the mod) but officially in game and probably a bit expanded. I doubt it will go full cousin ala gta4.

Quillon

Arcane
- repeatable racing missions

people actually liked crappy racing where other cars keep teleporting around for them to make it repeatable? ffs

- more cats in game
this reminds me I never saw rats in the gaym, did they also go extinct?
incline

Shaja

Educated

Is there even one Pole, male or female, who looks even remotely attractive?

Of course there are, and much more friendly.

Thing is, in companies around the world, not just this one, HR staff are so ignorant, the most excited and appropiate person for the job not always get the job. You can adapt your resume with a very interesting international backgorund based on the job offer, and still will go to the trash.

This system is not about being fair. Otherwise the CDPR "lady" working on PR, would be way friendlier and better looking, with a better public speaking skills. Oh and much better English if you´re going to communicate all the time with the audience. But that kind of appropiate profile girl is still living with her parents trying to find a job.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
A very welcome surprise that 2.1 patch. I had already written CDPR off as another one of those "has-been's" studios to join the ranks of Obsidian etc, but somebody clearly still cares over there.

I'm not motivated enough to finish the expansion quest, but I do love the driving missions and will often do 1-3 of them in a row to relax, then turn the game off again. I even keep forgetting to spend my discount at the dealership.

Quillon

Arcane
A very welcome surprise that 2.1 patch. I had already written CDPR off as another one of those "has-been's" studios to join the ranks of Obsidian etc, but somebody clearly still cares over there.
this patch alone changed your mind?

Obs also supports their gayms/or supported deadfire very well at least, which doesn't change their "has been" status

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom