Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Gargaune

Magister
C77 went back to top 25 of played steam games right now.

unknown.png
That's not the only thing that's back in top 25... "Maximum CPU Temperature: 89°C."

:despair:

covr

Prophet
Patron
I've started this for the first time yesterday and I am having fun. I didn't want to wait for any expansion as they have not been announced. Over a year of wait is enough.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
I've started this for the first time yesterday and I am having fun. I didn't want to wait for any expansion as they have not been announced. Over a year of wait is enough.
Is it a good time to play the game for the first time?
Wait for the expansion(s).

Yea, that's my guess. Core game is 'done' and offers anywhere from 40 to 100 hours. And who knows when the next expansion would be?

Vatnik Wumao
Yea, that's my guess. Core game is 'done' and offers anywhere from 40 to 100 hours. And who knows when the next expansion would be?
I definitely agree. I just don't think that the game has much replayability either in the story or gameplay department (due to the lack of narrative C&C beyond a few token quests and the endings, respectively due to bland combat which kinda dampens the replay value added by its buildcrafitng potential which isn't *that* extensive anyway). So in that regard, besides the QoL improvements and various patches that'll accumulate by the time that the expansions release, it's worth waiting just so you can do all the narrative content in one go (+/- broader completionism). That said, as someone who has played the game on release and enjoyed it for what it was, you can definitely get it now and still have an enjoyable experience. Just do your research about the state that it's in and adjust your expectations accordingly.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Unless I'm crazy, some of the game's audio has subtly changed. Walking around in boots, for example, produces a predictable heel-to-hard-surface sound, but they mixed in an occasional little squeek that is exceedingly irritating. If you take off your shoes, walking still produces a boot-like, albeit quieter, sound. "Sneaking" offers no decrease in walking volume whatsoever. I don't recall any of these prior to this big patch.

Wonder if it's a weird side effect of the dualsense support they added on PS5 (and sadly didn't port to PC, given by all accounts it's excellent). Wouldn't be the first time they messed up the PC version through console changes/additions.

old vs new with default settings.

The gigs change / removing the map clutter is quietly one of their best changes tbh.

Perkel

Arcane
The gigs change / removing the map clutter is quietly one of their best changes tbh.

I still don't understand why they did it this way. I mean one of the best tips for TW3 was always to turn off POI in settings and this was repeated pretty much by everyone and yet they did something similar in C77.

And yes it changes massively how you play. Stuff happens naturally as you explore stuff on your own instead of zapping from poi to poi which is boring as fuck

Perkel

Arcane
I did test FSR lately and it really works very well. Moreover unlike DLSS it works with every gpu not just AMD.

Here is dude with 1060 testing it:

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I still don't understand why they did it this way.
You don't understand why they changed it, or why they had the original implementation to begin with?

Moreover unlike DLSS it works with every gpu not just AMD.
FSR is a much simpler image upscaling algorithm; which isn't to be down on it, but there's reason it works anywhere. They're both great tools, but compare them and you can see how DLSS is stronger at preserving small details, while small lines etc. get kinda erased by FSR.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
With my busy busy life (lost ark), I don't have time to keep up with other stuff and spergy posts on here.

Could somebody briefly summarize this 1.5 patch.

We happy? Whats the best parts? Whats still shit? Worth second playthrough?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Here is the red pill:

The most worrysome thing I heard was that with the nerf to critical chance, enemies can take 8 headshots to kill.

Perkel

Arcane
The most worrysome thing I heard was that with the nerf to critical chance, enemies can take 8 headshots to kill.

It is an RPG not a shooter. I somehow never seen people talking about Fallout 1/2 like that when you were hitting rockets on someone head and he still lived.

Either way. Seems like it is constantly going up. Around 35k yesterday now 41k.

unknown.png

Perkel

Arcane
FSR is a much simpler image upscaling algorithm; which isn't to be down on it, but there's reason it works anywhere. They're both great tools, but compare them and you can see how DLSS is stronger at preserving small details, while small lines etc. get kinda erased by FSR.

I know that. But FSR implementation in C77 is pretty fucking great.

DLSS implementation in 77 is apparently ASS.

Also DLSS is ONLY for 2xxx and up gpus from nvidia. FSR is for all gpus. You have old GTX970 ? Yup it works.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

It is an RPG not a shooter. I somehow never seen people talking about Fallout 1/2 like that when you were hitting rockets on someone head and he still lived.

Either way. Seems like it is constantly going up. Around 35k yesterday now 41k.

unknown.png
You will see bigger numbers when they release proper expansion anyone saying cyberbug is a flop should take a look at this multiplayer only game.
nowyobrazmapybitowejypk4c.png

Or this 10/10 mastepiece shilled by gayming media.
nowyobrazmapybitowej2n4j2b.png

Talk about flop.

Perkel

Arcane
If I can't play a one-headshot murdering ninja, I can't rolelpay my character.

You still can.

What you can't do is to do so much damage that not only enemy npc dies but also its whole family 200 generations back. I think some people did builds where damage went into millions due to some broken traits mechanics.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
throwing knives are useful now too.
it bothers me that you dont have to even try recovering them. How is that different from shooting revolver now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom