Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
you can't even farm it the same way as borderlands it has nil replay value. BL even managed to outdo itself with General Knoxx and Pitchford sold that shitty sequel company for billion kwabux.

I farmed that idiotic animal boss and they "fixed it":eek:
CDP is basically a shock & awe department and its auxillaries.

Plenty of things to add:
- quests
- npcs
- building insides (along with quests etc.)
- weapons/weapon types
- clothes (already bilions on nexus)
- cars (plenty of those already)

Game like TW3 on other hand is pretty much done. There isn't much you can add to it as game is already huge (200h of content), you can't make new character that isn't geralt so no different builds. Geralt fights only with swords so no weapons really needed either, there is no meaningful insides you can add etc.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nobody cares anymore + still not a good game
"nobody"
F7rmbY5aMAAxiOu

Info from October 2023 :)

Vatnik Wumao
Cyberpunk 2077 is so popular that the TTRPG is releasing an amended rule set that includes stuff like quick hacking and new lifestyle rules to make it more like the 2077 Night City.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I started playing this recently, and my main impression from the game is that it's so much wasted potential.

There are seeds of something amazing there. Huge city to explore, lots of detail, plenty of side content.
But it's all delivered by quest markers and just randomly exploring the city rarely leads to anything of interest.
Such a shame.

Also, while usually you can read the subtitles and skip the voice acting by hitting Y (why that of all buttons?), sometimes you can't. I guess whenever the devs were really proud of their writing and animating, they disabled that function for that particular conversation.

Wasteland

Educated
Also, while usually you can read the subtitles and skip the voice acting by hitting Y (why that of all buttons?), sometimes you can't. I guess whenever the devs were really proud of their writing and animating, they disabled that function for that particular conversation.

Hopefully the GOAT mod still works. I imagine it does, given that there haven't been that many patches since 2.0:

You've reminded me to check up on possibly the greatest mod of all time, which is now updated for patch 2.0!

Skip Unskippable Cutscenes

I don't think I could ever play through this game again without fast forward.

Gargaune

Arcane
I started playing this recently, and my main impression from the game is that it's so much wasted potential.

There are seeds of something amazing there. Huge city to explore, lots of detail, plenty of side content.
But it's all delivered by quest markers and just randomly exploring the city rarely leads to anything of interest.
Such a shame.
Yeah, that's been my broken record about CBP since launch - not a terrible game, but a terrible disappointment precisely because it had amazing potential and managed to grossly underdeliver on it across the board. An Ubisoft game by any other name...

ind33d

Learned

Are these people fucking serious? There was a whole white boi summer gun-toting confederate faction in Cyberpunk 2077 during development and His Holin... I mean, diversity consultants, decided that it would give the youths the wrong idea, so it was cut. God only knows what else they removed. I wouldn't be surprised if Morgan Blackhand was cut for not being black enough

Wasteland

Educated
From the article:

To this end, he then noted that one of the most stark contrasts between the two countries was the fact that the US suffers from a rampant “homeless crisis” – the particular realities of which made him realize that Cyberpunk 2077‘s attempts at portraying a future dystopia were laughable compared to what he saw in the present day.

“Like I remember us traveling a couple of times to, you know, LA, San Francisco, when working on Cyberpunk,” Sasko detailed, “And then after we did the game, we shipped it, and I did even more traveling now when I’m in US, I see that we didn’t push the envelope far enough in some places. For instance, like the, let’s say the homeless crisis, you know, and so on.”

“When I look at it, I’m like, ‘We weren’t [going] far enough in Cyberpunk 2077‘,” concluded the Project Orion associate director. “We thought that we were like dystopian, but it was, we just like touched the surface.”

I have no doubt that CDPR's idea of "pushing the envelope" with regard to social commentary will look pretty dumb, but it's also both hilarious and refreshing to see a Polish game developer admit that his fictional futuristic dystopia isn't nearly as bad as the real San Francisco in the present day. Reading those comments, you can almost hear relief in his voice, "Man, Boston sucks, but THANK GOD we didn't open our NA office in the Bay area."

Wasteland

Educated
Also he's really leaning on euphemism in that quote. "I, uh, yeah, California's really suffering from a horde of shiftless junkies ... unrestrained degeneracy ... neo-feudal economic schemes hidden beneath a cloud of rainbow-colored egalitarian bromides ... the lack of a BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL ... uh, i mean, it's really suffering from like the, let's say the homeless crisis." Gulp. "Ha, yeah, the homeless crisis. How long's this interview? Because I'd like to get back to my white neighborhood ... I mean, my work, yeah, my work. In Poland. 6,000 miles away from this subject."

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
It's telling when RL is worse than Night City, a place where the Maelstrom, offbrand lol-Chaos cultists who worship AIs and commit human sacrifices and universally look ugly, and are considered an extreme threat... Aren't considered a pest to erradicate at all costs. Even the lol-Ruskie Scavs are seen worse.
Was the idea of moving the timeline forward that much always a thing? It feels dumb that in 2077 things are more or less the same as 2020s and tech has even gotten worse.

The gangs got too bad IMO, the Maelstrom are a bit too evil and stand out too much. At least the Aztech bad guys from SRun aren't killed on sight by everyone because a literal dragon is behind them.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
we dont have homeless in public spaces in poland. In fact its hard to imagine the scale of san francisco problem without seeing it with your own eyes.

Perkel

Arcane
When CDPR started to make C77 they couldn't predict US going down to shit more than in C77

Vatnik Wumao
It feels dumb that in 2077 things are more or less the same as 2020s and tech has even gotten worse.
This is a deliberate setting choice in the original material. The RABID attack on the internet, AI going wild, wars breaking out and ecological collapse has caused the tech base to decline. In 2077 Night City has just managed to recover from a nuclear strike.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom