Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

On this week's episode, a narrative designer and writer for games like FTL, Into the Breach, Original Sin II, Prey, and Fallout: New Vegas, who’s currently working on Dying Light 2 and an unannounced game with Ken Levine, Chris Avellone, joins host Josiah Renaudin to discuss narrative design. Chris covers what it means to be a story doctor, what stage of development a games writer most often enters a project, the number of projects some freelancers juggle, how to make additional text in RPGs appealing for the player, and the difficulty of writing a Star Wars game.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Dedicated to MCA

Is this song indicative of the general quality of Saxon's music.

Yeah, saxon are fucking great, if that's what you mean. I prefer their first, pure NWOBHM period, but this melodic power metal style can be found mostly in their later albums. Check out Lionheart, The secret of flight, Guardians of the tomb, The Thin Red Line, Deeds of glory, Conquistador.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

On this week's episode, a narrative designer and writer for games like FTL, Into the Breach, Original Sin II, Prey, and Fallout: New Vegas, who’s currently working on Dying Light 2 and an unannounced game with Ken Levine, Chris Avellone, joins host Josiah Renaudin to discuss narrative design. Chris covers what it means to be a story doctor, what stage of development a games writer most often enters a project, the number of projects some freelancers juggle, how to make additional text in RPGs appealing for the player, and the difficulty of writing a Star Wars game.

These interviews are so non-informational with MCA. Everything what is asked had been asked before in the hundreds of interviews in the last decade. The only new stuff he can add is the info about his current projects.

Wunderbar

Arcane
9ThYbeq.png

Barbarian

Arcane
It's probably a comic or something equally lame. Maybe he is writing an episode for those shitty animations or a short piece of fiction. I would be surprised if Disney actually allowed him to do a game with the IP and even more surprised to have a competent studio handling it.

Barbarian

Arcane
Saxon is awesome. I don't even like heavy metal and can listen to some of their songs on a loop. This is my personal favorite:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
USGaner RPG Podcast interview (from 37:38): https://www.usgamer.net/articles/axe-of-the-blood-god-reviews-valkyria-chronicles-4

Chris Avellone, writer of Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Fallout 2, and Divinity Original Sin 2, joins Kat to talk his newest game, making evil decisions in RPGs, and the state of RPG writing today. But not before Nadia and Kat review Valkyria Chronicles 4, where they discuss the updates to the tactics, the story, and how it plays on Switch!

MP3 file: http://traffic.libsyn.com/bloodgodpod/Axe_of_the_Blood_God_175.mp3

Fairfax

Arcane

He did add it as a bark. New Reno prostitutes say this in the post-endgame:

You score is 192 out of 208. You really should have used the mutated toe on Horrigan.

He regretted the joke and clarified it in the Fallout Bible:

The second question is a real mystery for me, because I only managed to verify that part of it. Someone called "Cervantes" asked about the sixth toe gained in Toxic Caves, which can be removed in Vault City. That part is clear but now is something interesting... Cervantes says, that after he finished the game whores in New Reno kept saying: "You really should use the mutated toe on Horrigan" (to get full amount of points). Is it true or is Cervantes just pulling my leg? :-]

It's just a joke; don't do it. It doesn't do anything. Don't eat the toe, either, since I believe it poisons you.

Master Chef had a question about the mutated toe.

You said something about the mutated toe doing nothing to Horrigan....But it actually made his HP turn from 999/999 to 996/996.

Yeah, that's true, it will do some poison damage to Horrigan, like it will do to anyone else. So it does something, just nothing special.

Again, please ignore any rumors telling you to use the toe on Horrigan at the end battle in Fallout 2 - it's a bad joke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom