Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
finished the game, about one of the ending slides

it said people on silbach still get killed by the beast even though i killed it. who made the beast? i thought it was bodowin, but i got rid of him. is it always end up unsolved or i missed something?

10/10 game i actually enjoyed this more than the original gothic games. it's humongous, it took 135 hours and 1 month real world time, enjoyed it very much. i love how the content are paced, as some quests only appear in later chapters, unlike elex where you can do 95% of content and left the bottom part of the game the main story which is done at breakneck pace. it also give a sense of time that has passed.
poor marvin. had seen it coming, there's no good end for him and he deserve none of it at all.

it seems canonically the whole events happens in a span of few weeks, while in game counter said 280 ish days for me, which crazy how marvin goes from nobody to beating some of the strongest people in the island in a few weeks

Mauman

Learned

it said people on silbach still get killed by the beast even though i killed it. who made the beast? i thought it was bodowin, but i got rid of him. is it always end up unsolved or i missed something?

10/10 game i actually enjoyed this more than the original gothic games
poor marvin. had seen it coming, there's no good end for him and he deserve none of it at all.

Beast stuff.

It's actually Detlaw. Go talk to him and if you noticed enough things during the quest (and some afterwards, like the orc beast cage near the cursed forest on the coast behind the orc camp) you can get him to spill

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

10/10 game i actually enjoyed this more than the original gothic games

Beast stuff.

It's actually Detlaw. Go talk to him and if you noticed enough things during the quest (and some afterwards, like the orc beast cage near the cursed forest on the coast behind the orc camp) you can get him to spill
huh, that's pretty insane. very cool thank you

Tygrende

Arbiter
I can now rest...

I am very happy with my ending slides. Please note my armor values

a9f862e2ac0e860ba2bf1f38d1c681e3.png

Didn't eat my strength foods so it should be 340 STR.
I showed your protection values to the devs and we are now all trying to figure out just how the hell did you manage to get them this high, consider this a compliment. Mind giving us a few details? What armor/rings/amulet/belt?

agris

Arcane
Patron
looks like ~70 ~60 stoneskin potions. If you rigorously harvest all earth aloes and king's sorrel before/after every respawn, how many are there?

Tygrende

Arbiter
looks like ~70 stoneskin potions. If you rigorously harvest all earth aloes and king's sorrel before/after every respawn, how many are there?
Not enough according to the polish list of all items/bonuses. Which is why we are trying to figure it out. Could be the list is incomplete/wrong. Or something is bugged. I wouldn't accuse anyone here of cheating, we are too autistic for that.

You get 130 from improved Vardhal armor. I'm going with blunt/blade/arrows, ignoring magic/fire.
Praying to Adanos is capped at +25 protection, dev said so.
You can find/buy 9 pots. 27 protection.
You can make 18 pots, only 18 aloe and only if you work for the alchemist. 54 protection.
You can find 5 troll soups if you join the guard. 15 protection.
20 from rings, 10 from belt, 15 from amulet.
25 from the temporary pot.

That adds up to 321 and it should be equal for blunt/blade/arrows. Yet the pic has blades at 323 and its higher than blunt/arrows.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Someone said that there is some bug that can increase your armor, but I am pretty positive that didn't happen to me. My edge is 323 because instead of using a 10 protection ring as my second ring I am using a 12 edge / 6 strength "Ring with Purple Stone" ring.

Yes, the dev also doubted me, but this is legit. I literally found every aloe and every Stoneskin potion in the game and reached the theoretical maximum of 323 Edge protection (possible by wearing the 12 Edge ring instead of a 10 Protection ring.)

That's the power of autism.
Hey if anyone here is looking for a C/C++ developer, please send me a PM. (Legit inquiries only!)

agris

Arcane
Patron
Tygrende what is the +15 prot amulet? i don't think i ever saw an amulet with a flat +protection of greater than 8.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think the lady in Wolf's Den sells the +15 protection amulet.
I will also say many doubted ARMOR CHAD in the Discord, but they ceased doubting after I walked into 30 orcs which can all only inflict 5 damage to me no matter how hard they try.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Someone said that there is some bug that can increase your armor, but I am pretty positive that didn't happen to me. My edge is 323 because instead of using a 10 protection ring as my second ring I am using a 12 edge / 6 strength "Ring with Purple Stone" ring.

Yes, the dev also doubted me, but this is legit. I literally found every aloe and every Stoneskin potion in the game and reached the theoretical maximum of 323 Edge protection (possible by wearing the 12 Edge ring instead of a 10 Protection ring.)

Hey if anyone here is looking for a C/C++ developer, please send me a PM. (Legit inquiries only!)
Checks out. Very nice.

Mikeal

Arcane
I have question about Ezekiel and supplies. I'm in the Chapter 5 and I'm gathering fellowship and resources in order to walk into Varhold. I did all the quest for Ezekiel and helped him became merchant again. However I don't have an option to ask him about supplies during quest for that. Is it because I didn't buy from him Fag Sword earlier?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron

Checks out. Very nice.
Actually it does not entirely check out because there is 100% 1 Stone Aloe I missed by not being the Butcher's Apprentice, and perhaps even more from the Sewer Alchemist if you spare him and enable his shop, which may increase the possible maximum by another few points of defense.

Tygrende

Arbiter

Checks out. Very nice.
Actually it does not entirely check out because there is 100% 1 Stone Aloe I missed by not being the Butcher's Apprentice, and perhaps even more from the Sewer Alchemist if you spare him and enable his shop, which may increase the possible maximum by another few points of defense.
No, it still checks out. You were the alchemist's apprentice, correct? 2nd master doesn't sell perma stuff and alchemist sells more aloe, so that's the only option. The alchemist in the sewers sells/drops 2 sorrels, irrelevant.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Alchemist was my second because unlike what you said, 2nd master DID make him sell extra perma stuff.
Butcher *also* sold extra perma stuff (but only 1 of each perma herb). That's why for optimal powergaming you'd have to go Butcher into Alchemist or Alchemist into Butcher (depending on what you favor, main stat or HP)
I went Blacksmith->Alchemist because Blacksmith is like 80% required for 2H strength build or you will have a shitty/boring midgame for lack of strong weapons.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Alchemist was my second because unlike what you said, 2nd master DID make him sell extra perma stuff.
Butcher *also* sold extra perma stuff (but only 1 of each perma herb). That's why for optimal powergaming you'd have to go Butcher into Alchemist or Alchemist into Butcher (depending on what you favor, main stat or HP)
I went Blacksmith->Alchemist because Blacksmith is like 80% required for 2H strength build or you will have a shitty/boring midgame for lack of strong weapons.
Then I suppose alchemist does sell as 2nd, in that case all is still as it should be.

Alphons

Cipher
Stuff hidden behind walls in Archolos
San Andreas Grove Street grafitti

HARNAŚ Gaming

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
also is there any clue of what happen before marvin left the island? like the stuff with his parents?

Jorn is probably a member of ring of water since he had aquamarine ring with him, which is why he got killed. but otherwise their backstories is really sparse except for the opening CGI and some mention in game dialogue

Alphons

Cipher
also is there any clue of what happen before marvin left the island? like the stuff with his parents?

Jorn is probably a member of ring of water since he had aquamarine ring with him, which is why he got killed. but otherwise their backstories is really sparse except for the opening CGI and some mention in game dialogue

Mother died when they were young, which pushed their father into alcoholism. Everything points to their father abusing them in some way and Marvin accidentally killing him. Some other family members on Londram are mentioned, probably killed/ enslaved by orcs.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some more negative reviews (autotranslated from russian, so bear minor language mistakes)

It's TES, not Gothic, and the combat is too difficult (same as stealing):
a lot of bugs, a lot of useless rubbish. this is not a mod for gothic, but rather a mod for TES through gothic. you start the game and already everything is dull and not interesting. the character constantly stumbles over minor drops and cannot get through, some kind of sticking in a fight, the character simply does not respond to button presses. the system of theft is not worked out. There are a whole bunch of other bugs like this.
The game is amazing and the world feels alive, but there are only 2 factions so it's all shit:
Gathering my thoughts about fashion in general, I can advise it to others, but this one has a lot of nuances. Firstly, this is a huge plus in terms of reworking the game's economy and the value of skills. Secondly, the game has a whole bunch of new mechanics and random events that actually introduce a lot of variety into the game. A simple example: in the quests of the guard, we went with a friend to the night guard. Some time after this quest, we will start to find crowds of different "interesting" characters on the street, like a CRAZY refugee or a TRAVER who introduce their own mini-events for experience or gold. In addition, the crafting of everything from fried meat to weapons was changed in the game, in addition, I found it very interesting to be able to sharpen armor (but, alas, the hands of the modders did not reach the weapon, which is a pity). My point is, there are TONS of new features in the game that will make you re-learn how to play the game, HOWEVER, there are only TWO playable factions in the game. That the guard that the merchants are really interesting and well-developed factions, however, unfortunately, we will not be able to play as in any part of the game for a member of the order of fire or water magicians. You will have to be a symbiote of a magician with skills (I PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THIS) of owning a sword or small arms. Asking why? Without this, unfortunately, the continuation of the guild quest cannot be continued. Well, regarding the balance of the game: the rebalance is made in such a way that the enemies scale their damage regardless of the damage of the weapon. The method of moving into these opponents at different stages of the game led me to find out the true nature of this heroic power, in which chelas with clubs beat me after the fifth chapter for 100-150 damage. All you need to do is add 100% weapon proficiency and 200+ strength... In short, the mod itself is beyond praise, you can’t even call it that. BUT all these details that I described after running the game once and once again until the middle prevent you from enjoying the process, to everything else I will add that the game hard drives us into the framework of the areas, preventing us from farming big points in the early stages.
I use the not recommended quicksave option because it breaks saves, and it broke my save:
Save for 9 hours constipated. It's not destiny to pass, apparently I pass the game. Don't use the quicksave and make a bunch of regular saves the "long" way.
Everything is bugged:
The developers decided to jump over themselves, redo everything possible, which led to a huge number of bugs, many monster models are broken, the attack range is inadequate, 0 reaction to receiving damage from the NPC, bugs with animations, bugs with weapon attack range, some short one-handed weapons hit further than two-handed swords: D The developers overdid the mod too much, but in fact it’s an ordinary mediocre modification, the Legend of Assuna was much better, the only thing is that the location was worked out, of course there are no competitors, but the details of the mechanics and the number of bugs are largely inferior to other mods

Bonus G*rman one:

I don't like mages in this game and collecting money is too difficult, you have to spend it:
In and of itself, the mod is very varied at first glance. Unfortunately, the random encounters look more like a classic "Have 500 gold to trigger person X" or "Run to Y in Chapter 2" About the magic system: The runes can be found/bought, which doesn't cost any LP but may cost gold. The rune books can also be found or bought, the problem with the books is the incredible amount of LP you need per circle. Since you get relatively little EXP from quests in this mod, you have to farm a lot (as a magician without magic). Which makes the game lengthen without making it fun as a magician. The cost of 1 Magic Circle Book should be reduced to 5 LP so players have enough LP to boost their mana a bit. So far costs e.g. learning the 2nd circle 30 LP. Gold is always very scarce in the mod, except for long periods of farming, which is why eviscerating animals is mandatory, which of course costs LP. As a melee fighter everything is much easier. Very powerful melee weapons can be found in areas where there is no threat. Just dive a little and you have a weapon with over 120 damage in your pocket. Anyone who has been playing G2 for a long time knows how to defeat opponents without taking damage and the melee build is much easier. I'd love to like the mod more, but considering the mods I've played so far, it's only average, although a lot of love has gone into it. And unfortunately I can't agree with a 98% positive rating because, in my opinion, it doesn't reflect the quality of the mod as a whole. So I would either recommend the melee fighter to new players (ranged combat becomes more difficult later on) and completely advise against the magician. Should something be balanced in the direction and a few of the smaller bugs be fixed, I will of course adjust the review directly.

Ryzer

Arcane
Beginning of the journey :incline:: So far so good.
Potato voices enabled, I'm going to have a good time man. :positive:

Zariusz

Arbiter
Didnt know king sorrel and the permanent ingredient respawn. I thought it's only the generic plants
They don't.
Though I'm pretty sure some herbs don't spawn until later. But none respawn, as far as I've seen.
Yeah, that's more accurate. There are new spawns with chapters, but not technically respawns.
Interestingly Silver, Iron and Magic ores respawn every chapter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom