Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait how do you make
lorenzo survive?

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Wait how do you make
lorenzo survive?
Saving Javad during quest from Crotez to search pirate loot and passenger, and by saving I mean beaiting his ass with weapon until he unconscious (not killing him and not using magic, because in this particular case spells will strike lethaly, unlike on arena or other situations) and sending him into city

covr

Prophet
Patron
You can actually loot both chambers in swamp temple at the same time, you just need transformation scroll.

What? Some of the interface improvements on the video are not avaialble in vanilla Chronicles of Myrtana. What kind of mod is that? I mean the inventory management, not MMO damage numbers.

notpl

Arbiter
Interesting. I wonder if that was intended.
Nah. Transformation exploit lets you get past any wall in the game, it's just an engine bug present in all versions of the game. No different from just turning on marvin mode and teleporting through the door.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Personally, I'd love to know how to get the numerical values over HP/MP, as well as the user-toggleable speed increase.

Zariusz

Arbiter
You can actually loot both chambers in swamp temple at the same time, you just need transformation scroll.

What? Some of the interface improvements on the video are not avaialble in vanilla Chronicles of Myrtana. What kind of mod is that? I mean the inventory management, not MMO damage numbers.

I believe its one of the so called Union scripts, Union i think is a heavy modification of gothic engine made by russians and it allows much more advanced mods.

Sratopotator

Savant
Devs specifically stated that Union is not supported and may result in shit if used. Here for example.

The above looks very interesting though, so I wonder how many drawbacks does it have, if used "safely". [Of course Im referring to inventory stuff, not the floaty monstrosity]
Oh, and how to actually use it in the most harmless way possible.
Anyone knows of a trustworthy Myrtana-Union guide kind of deal? Can be in potato-speak.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
The above looks very interesting though, so I wonder how many drawbacks does it have, if used "safely". [Of course Im referring to inventory stuff, not the floaty monstrosity]
Oh, and how to actually use it in the most harmless way possible
I think this mostly tells you how to do it, although the goal is some union-compatible mods it takes you through installing union.

I got quickloot + quicksaves working.
1- Install the game(In english or polish) + DLC(So you can have the polish voice)
2- Once installed, launch the game and exit.
3- Then Download the resource manager and the Data file of Quickloot.
"Links web pages:
Manager -- https://worldofplayers.ru/threads/41415/ || Individual link -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/18si3zHD6cnIPeg1Snhyop8bnPdTTnVFT/view
Quickloot -- https://worldofplayers.ru/threads/41486/ || Individual link -- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DTXG93NUE-0eK2cNC4HS5E8nNNkqbl8B"
4- Launch the Manager, windows will tell you that it may be a virus... Ignore it. When it opens go to Union folder and install the "Player Kit + Resource Patch" and later "Union 1.0l [test version]". The folder you need to pick is where is installed your game. "TheChroniclesOfMyrtana"
5- Once installed open the game and see if it launches. (you can launch a new game to check). Exit the game.
6- Now access to the data folder where the game is installed and go to DATA. The file Quickloot drop it there. Launch and close the game.
7- In the System directory open the gothic INI file and go all the way down the notepad... Where it says "[UNION]" add the next:
bDX11_VisualFix=1 (if you have DX11)
bQuickLoot=1
bColorChests=1
bQuickLootChests=1

edit: if those files put a eastern european crypto miner on your computer, not my fault!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ayyy. I just beat the fight club in the harbor. No fight gave me any issues, until the last fight. When he landed a hit, he one shot me. Luckily, on my successful try, I one shot with my own crit. Now, I am rich.

Alphons

Cipher
Ayyy. I just beat the fight club in the harbor. No fight gave me any issues, until the last fight. When he landed a hit, he one shot me. Luckily, on my successful try, I one shot with my own crit. Now, I am rich.

Return in a few days for a special champion fight.
:negative:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Is there any way to not behave mean to Pot? I rather like his villager's insights, I don't want to be "like the others" and see him runing away :(

Alphons

Cipher
Is there any way to not behave mean to Pot? I rather like his villager's insights, I don't want to be "like the others" and see him runing away :(

Yes, but he gets bored with you and says that it's no wonder he was the only one who wanted to hang out with you. You get more XP than normally and he goes to volcano.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Nope, the Gothic engine is bad at loading and gets worse the bigger the world is. You'll notice how much faster the loading is when you enter smaller separate maps like the sewers.
At some point I even considered to use sewers as place to create save files on regular basis, because loading was THIS annoying.

Last edited:

covr

Prophet
Patron
Fucking finally, I've finished this. Over 110 hours, 57lv at the end. Could have been shorter but I suck at fighting and I've made the worst combat-guild choices ever (crossbow and one handed as primary weapons + Arxos Guild). I've killed everyone during last chapter. Poor Marvin!
10/10 would play again sometime. Glad I've managed to save the dog.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Has it happened to you also that the specific buyers don't buy any more? I mean fur, meat etc... There is an option to say "I've everything you need" as usuall, but after choosing it no line to give the materials appear, although my bags are teeming with the stuff.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Has it happened to you also that the specific buyers don't buy any more? I mean fur, meat etc... There is an option to say "I've everything you need" as usuall, but after choosing it no line to give the materials appear, although my bags are teeming with the stuff.
Some NPC want only certain amount of stuff, like Bastian in Silbach tower with eggs. Note in kitchen told that he should buy twelve eggs (if my memory correct), so he did and no egg more.

Alphons

Cipher

Once you get into Archolos you get access to people that buy unlimited amount of items. You can immediately sell skins to the hunting store owner for 1/2 price, but you have to become a citizen and an apprentice to unlock the option to sell to others.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm 50 hours in. If I remember correctly, I am at chapter 3. Joined the merchants. I have advanced a couple of times, but other than that, I am trying to ignore main quests, and do as much side stuff as possible. Most dangerous monsters are possible to kill, but dragon snappers are still very scary. In my last session, I just roamed around, killing/collecting everything that has respawned.

covr

Prophet
Patron
After finishing Archolos I was still hungry for similar experience and ELEX 2 is still a over 20 sleeps to go so I've fired up G2+NOTR. I have never played it, despite all my friends convincing me to do it.
I am playing vanilla version with all recent patches, system packs and similar stuff + Directx 11 mod.

Couple of observations from Gothic virgin:

-technically G2+NOTR it is running much better due to fact that map is a bit smaller with much fewer light sources, NPC's and buildings, etc
-don't kill me for this but music in Archolos is so much better! I believe that they've re-recorded some of the original tracks with live orchestra, adding something extra from time to time. It fits perfectly to Gothic game, and comparing Archolos music with the one in G2, it makes the latter bit flat and repetitive. It is still beautiful and atmospheric, but Archolos pumped this to 11.
-G2 does not have a couple of life-saving QoL improvements from Myrtana, some of them very subtle. E.g. the way of ending dialogues - in G2 you usually say "goodbye" at the end of dialogue, MC says goodbye, there's a subtitle with it, NPC answers with his own goodbye, there's subtitle and conversation ends. In Archolos you click on goodbye and conversation ends. Another improvement is speed of stealth - in G2 you are very slow when sneaking. There are dozens of little stuff like that!
-regarding dialogues - those in G2 are slightly longer, you can learn a bit more from critical NPC's. They are very well written. Almost every named NPC has a story or quest attached. In Archlos there were some NPC's that were just interesting with a little purpose. G2 wins here, but I can stand shorter dialogues. I intend to play Elex ffs.
-Archolos reinvented couple of interesting features and mechanics like cooking or alchemy, which added depth without making the game too complex. I was disappointing when I couldn't make my fish stew!
-Quest intensity is much higher in Archolos, in a very small city of Khorinis (which is a size of 1/5th of Archolos City?) I had more open quests that I've ever had in Archolos...
-...unfortunately some of them in G2 are super simple and have not much to in common with main story
-as for the story - the one in Myrtana was more engaging to me, but it might change as I am still at chapter 1 in G2. Also I have not played G1. I am yet to see how the pacing will be in G2 in future chapters.
-the map, world building in terms of exploration, density of content on the map seems to be on par with both games, maybe G2 is even a bit better as the island of Khorinins is less flat and more surprising

In general I would probably put Archolos a bit higher than G2 on my list of favorite games. G2 seems to be simpler, less complex cousin of a great game but nevertheless I am still having a blast with it!

Sòren

Arcane
finished it today. loved it, area design is amazing. the monastery is one of the most beautiful locations i have seen in a game, if it wasn't late game content, i could have spent hours in there turning every stone.

few questions:
i joined the city guard and got a bunch of keys from Salvi and his henchman - what do they open?

nordmar armor? never found that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom