Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You mean you have doubts about Djinn existing?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
The new patch buffed the muslims a lot. Now playing as a christian count/duke/king in Spain is more difficult than ever.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Just saw the south of Italy being invaded by an emirate. Spain is a bloodbath and the Balkan is, well, balkanized. Been awhile since I saw so many sparks along the frontiers. I like.

They also really put some effort into the islamic faith. I was afraid it would be nothing more than a faction unlocker with a skinset but muslims really do have some new mechanics behind them that add to the game.

Still no childbirth death events and still a lack of ambitions, decisions and plots however. Meh. I'm trying to revive my old mod in a less ambitious way to at least give the game a bit more oomph. Expect a simple version to make combat, childbirth and life in general a bit more deadly any time soon.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Guys, did any interesting mods show up on the horizon? I'm especially interested in more varied events and random shit which makes CK so fun to play.

Multi-headed Cow

Hmm, just thought of something. Anyone try enabling muslims via text editing after the 1.06 patch? I assume at least the basic Sword of Islam gameplay changes for muslims are in there since the AI uses them (I assume), but are the events?

Mildly curious even though I'm in no big rush to pick up Sword of Islam yet.

kazgar

Arcane
I assume the dlc will be cheaper next week or so when steam summer sale starts? Probably wait until then.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Hmm, just thought of something. Anyone try enabling muslims via text editing after the 1.06 patch? I assume at least the basic Sword of Islam gameplay changes for muslims are in there since the AI uses them (I assume), but are the events?
The Muslims are now supposedly hardcoded as unplayable unless you have SoI installed, and converting in game will mean game over.

Also, it seems the new conquest CB that lets Muslims attack any neighbouring province also applies to the Pagans. Things will get a lot more interesting in the north too now.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I paid 10 euro for CK2 + vicky2 + magicka + magicka dlc + SotS 1+2.

You mean you actually gave Paradox the DLC Scheme Jews your money?

Nigga you crazy
Nah, the magicka DLC was part of the bundle. the 10 eurobucks were for all of the mentioned games combined. Now they're asking 1½ times that for mudslimes alone.
The bundle was a Good Deal. the Mudslime DLC is not. they should make a Jewish ruler DLC now they're at it. It would be strangely appropriate.

Vaarna_Aarne

Guys, did any interesting mods show up on the horizon? I'm especially interested in more varied events and random shit which makes CK so fun to play.
Well, I haven't gotten to that kind of stuff yet, but I'm going to port over my pagan (largely Finno-Ugric) improvement mod, which adjusts the naming mechanisms, gives Lithuanian pagans a special CB so they can grow strong (will get Catholicism conversion choice event chain later), Tribal Raid CB so pagans ARE a pain in the ass for all their neighbours (in conjunction with original Warrior Cult, so it will really take a hundred years of play before pagans start dropping), improves presentation of Finno-Ugric tribes in the Uralic region (ie, there were several provinces that were part of Russian duchies 200 years early, cultures of the tribes tweaked, etc) and so on. I'm going to play a campaign of vanilla Sword of Andhaira as some proto-cybernegroes before deciding which stuff I'll port over and see if I need to make balance improvements (though it seems BE is no longer a cakewalk, so I might just have to adjust their de jure to exclude Palestine and such).

Then I can get to work on adding more events and decisions for Pagans (both universal and religion-specific, ideas and brainstorming appreciated).

Also, anyone know how the region flag/name changes based on religion work? I've been trying to change a few duchies (namely two in the Urals, so in pagan hands they're Mordvins and Khanty-Mansia, changing to Cheremisa and Tyumen in non-pagan hands).

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
One game usually isnt representative. Especially for Paradox games when one mistake made by a major player can affect the whole game.

In general I think that muslims will expand more and collapse more, due to new cbs and new internal strife mechanics. We'll see about that.

Vaarna_Aarne

Obviously my HRE changes would still be in to prevent things like non-Elective rule there (while also nerfing Elective so the next emperor isn't the chosen son/grandson of the current one almost without exception).

Cassidy

Arcane
I paid 10 euro for CK2 + vicky2 + magicka + magicka dlc + SotS 1+2.

And now they want me to pay 14 euro to play as mudslimes? :hahaohwow:
Sorry paradox, I'm not THAT interested in finding out if Djinn exist.

If you have this mindset, you should wait for Crusader Kings II Enhanced Edition, all DLCs included.

mondblut

Arcane
The moment I installed the patch, the mudslimes from Spain invaded and conquered Brittany (owned by Castille-Navarra). To think I've spent 20 years matrimarrying, breeding, pressing claims, whitepeacing, assassinating and pressing claims again one county at a time... all to have mudslimes handle me the whole duchy on a golden plate etched with the words "holy war, lol". Where were you before, too busy fucking goats?

I should probably skip a few years and let them conquer the whole non-Holy Roman world, then steamroll over them all at once.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Just found out why my mod wasn't working as intended. Pdox messed up and now CKII won't overwrite vanilla with mod stuff upon loading. Or so it is thought.

Been seeing quite some small but noticeable bugs appear with the latest patch and dlc as well.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I've seen more armies getting struck on some counties doing nothing. Barcelona duke declared Holy War on Albarracin. The Cordoba Emirate joining his brother in religion. Cue to an 4K+ muslim army standing on Albarracin for five years doing nothing, while the Barcelonian army just moved randomly from county to county. For 5 fucking years.

mondblut

Arcane
I wish someone would mod the map to make major rivers navigable (i.e. parts of the ocean). A fleet is unable to traverse the Neva and Ladoga lake to Novgorod, or go up Seine and drop the troops on the outskirts of Paris? Yeah right, tell that to the vikings. Hamburg not being a port city? Wow, what were those Hansa fools thinking... :roll:

A Nile-Red Sea channel (coincidentally making Red Sea navigable as well) would likewise restore the long-abandoned notion of "fun" when it comes to dealing with the SE corner of the map. Moreover, it will make the butts of historifag larpers explode in fountains of blood, making it a win-win scenario.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The eternal circle of bug creation - bug patching continues

20 Eyes

Liturgist
The eternal circle of bug creation - bug patching continues

It's a vicious circle. I often find myself about to play a Paradox game, when I think "I may as well wait until next week when the patch/DLC goes on sale/whatever". By the time that happens you may as well wait another week or two for bug-fixes. At this point, I fall into the hype of whatever new patch/DLC/expansion they're pushing on me. I just... can't quit.

Vaarna_Aarne

Alright, I've gathered pictures (classic public domain paintings) for use with events in the Sword of Andhaira version of Kalevala Mod. Lithuanians and Latvians here can chip in for their own ancient cultural traditions, as I'm not enough of an internet warrior on those, I'm focusing on coming up with ideas for Finno-Ugrics.

The first event I'm going to work on is a small event chain (either Finno-Ugric specific or for all pagans) concerning Bastard infants: Namely, the liege getting saddled with the decision whether or not to slay the bastard for being a bastard. This extends to the entire court's children, and the decision to not execute will have higher costs than execution (which just kills the child and grants you Piety) in the form of relation penalty and piety loss. In case it's your own bastard, the choice not to kill causes a larger Piety hit and relation penalty and legitimizes the bastard, and killing provides a larger Piety gain. In case it's a bastard from your wife, the penalty for not killing is the same as normal, but the Piety gain for killing is lower than normal. The event can fire between ages 0 and 5 of the bastard (meantime 4 months), and only fires once per bastard (the relation penalty lasts two years).

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The first event I'm going to work on is a small event chain (either Finno-Ugric specific or for all pagans) concerning Bastard infants: Namely, the liege getting saddled with the decision whether or not to slay the bastard for being a bastard. This extends to the entire court's children, and the decision to not execute will have higher costs than execution (which just kills the child and grants you Piety) in the form of relation penalty and piety loss. In case it's your own bastard, the choice not to kill causes a larger Piety hit and relation penalty and legitimizes the bastard, and killing provides a larger Piety gain. In case it's a bastard from your wife, the penalty for not killing is the same as normal, but the Piety gain for killing is lower than normal. The event can fire between ages 0 and 5 of the bastard (meantime 4 months), and only fires once per bastard (the relation penalty lasts two years).
What is the historical background for this? Sound's interesting, I didn't know the ancient Finns were so down on bastards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom