Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
In before overpowered Vikings with shitty "Invasion CB" cutting HRE in half, fighting with Most Serene Republic of Venice & Africa with Eastern Fatimid Empire behind their backs.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In before overpowered Vikings with shitty "Invasion CB" cutting HRE in half, fighting with Most Serene Republic of Venice & Africa with Eastern Fatimid Empire behind their backs.
Yea, the pagan DLC is almost certain to be only about the goddamn vikings.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
What the Hell in this game requires Pixle Shader 3.0?
It's just a lack of backwards compatibility, so probably nothing.
Thats what I thought as well, but it wont run without it.
Yes, I am using a shitty PC- But I can still play Blood Bowl, Civ 4 and other "3D" games on this POS Computer without issue. This looks like a 2D game but it will not run. It said I needed Pixle Shader 3 upon Install but I installed anyhow (thinking exactly what you said) but the damn thing will not run.

/Baffled

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Yea, the pagan DLC is almost certain to be only about the goddamn vikings.

I dunno, there's so few starting Norse characters in the game, it wouldn't make sense to make it all about the Vikings unless they put the start date back (Which, as much as I would bemoan all the other Pagan's getting shafted, I would get excited at starting a little closer to the Dark Ages.). My money's on them focusing on the Scandinavian and Baltic pagans. Tengrists and Zoroastrians will still get the shaft.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Yeah I can imagine that Paradox will be skewing the Heretic DLC to make it easier, because everybody would hate your pagan guts. Pay gold to receive thunderbolts-from-thor's-arse bonus during your next battle. I wonder whether it'll end up as broken as Republic.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
Hey bros, I just got back into this game with some mods and DLCs, however the game starts in this sort of debug mode. Whenever I mouse over a portrait it shows "debug info" with some arbitrary data that normally should not appear. If I try turning off debug mode in the console it tells me frankly that I am not a developer.

Emily

Arcane
Is the AI fucking cheating, or does republic get reduced mercenary upkeep cost? And fuck those republics i can't believe how OP are they. Venice has 1 Territory and is able to field 5000(i am guessing 4k of these mercenaries) troops and still get +6 monthly income in like 1095 AD

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is the AI fucking cheating, or does republic get reduced mercenary upkeep cost? And fuck those republics i can't believe how OP are they. Venice has 1 Territory and is able to field 5000(i am guessing 4k of these mercenaries) troops and still get +6 monthly income in like 1095 AD
Yep, republics get fuckload of money to a way that they are able to conquer French or HRE lands just by hiring mercenaries :M Better wait until they are nerfed (which is supposed to happen in the next patch... hopefully they won't fuck up another thing then).

Emily

Arcane
Is it normal that they have lower mercenary upkeep? They have just 6 monthly cost for bunch of mercenaries i dont get it.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Venice was an extremely rich province by itself since it has 6 slots and all of those are cities if I recall correctly. Coastal cities. And those arent base cities too, quite advanced with many buildings. So maintaining 4k mercenaries isnt strange even in vanilla CK2. Player could probably field 8k from Venice only.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Version 1.091 Patch notes are out. (Interesting that they changed the b for a 1)

- Fixed a bug preventing some people from building new trade posts
- Fixed some instability issues on the Mac and Linux versions
- Fixed bug where taking over the last duchy or higher title from a Merchant Republic could give you Patrician vassals
- Blocked "Offer Vassalization" for one Merchant Republic vs another
- Fixed a tooltip bug for the succession type in secondary kingdoms and empires held by Merchant Republics
- When a regular lowborn Mayor forms a Merchant Republic, he should get a dynasty and become a Patrician
- The Patricians in newly formed merchant republics now get some starting money
- Homosexual characters no longer get the ambition to get married
- Exported PATRICIAN_PRESTIGE_RESPECT_FACTOR and PATRICIAN_AGE_RESPECT_FACTOR to defines
- Doubled the effect of Prestige on Patrician Respect for Doge elections
- Tutorial: Fixed a crash in Realm View
- Fixed a bug where you would end up at war with your liege if beating him to victory in a claim war
- Added text warnings for Independence wars and factions for Patricians, if it would mean Game Over
- Made Ultimogeniture possible for anyone to take, should they be so inclined
- Added the Barony of Altenburg to Meissen
- Gave Ultimogeniture to the Ilkhanate, the Golden Horde and the barony of Altenburg
- Fixed some issues with sound freezes
- Fixed a bug with the "coastal_county_republic" CB that could make vassals of merchant republics independent
- Fixed missing description for Trade Post garrison building
- Fixed issue where a feudal liege could burn a vassal Patrician's Trade Post
- The correct event picture is now shown when Aztecs sacrifice prisoners
- Fixed flag issues for players who don't own Sunset Invasion
- Fixed issues with the Romeo & Juliet event chain
- Added cooldown before the Seize Trade Post plot can be used on the same character again
- Republic random trade events are now slightly less likely to occur
- Lowered the cost and buildtimes of all Family Palace buildings
- Fixed an issue where the Seize Trade Post plot wasn't properly cancelled
- Fixed a bug where your children in foreign courts would not accept being educated by you
- Added a check for negative fertility on either parent to prevent impregnation of or by celibate characters, eunuchs, etc
- Fixed a bug where culture name lists with more than 100 entries would be cut off at 100 entries due to a low random number
- Fixed a problem where a vassal of a vassal who takes an outside would become a vassal of the enemy rather than the old liege's liege
- The Trade posts of Patricians who become independent should no longer be lost in most cases, but taken over by a replacement family
- Fixed bug making Republic capitals immune to some CBs, like Holy War
- Fixed a bug where a betrothed character who married a different person than they were betrothed to could retain the betrothal even when they were not permitted to have another spouse
- Fixed a bug where the educate child menu would be unavailable in foreign courts
- Fixed a bug where children abroad would not show up in the education menu
- Muslims can now never marry matrilineally under any circumstances
- Fixed a bug where the AI would repeatedly unassign and assign a child the same tutor
- Fixed a bug where a deposed ruler would die on the next day
- The Ecumenical Patriarch's pentarchy will now function correctly
- Pentarchs defined in history files for non-titular titles will now always override Autocephaly
- Titular realms will now use their capital when determing religious head for religions with Autocephaly
- Army AI: Fixed an issue with stupid long range land movement
- The Bishopric of Rome will no longer be renamed to the Lateran if the Move Capital to Rome decision is taken
- Gaining a title you are fabricating a claim on via plot will now abort the plot
- The Anti-Pope opinion bonus towards liege will now be properly inherited when liege dies
- Added field to cultures: [used_for_random = yes/no]. Blocks the culture from being available for characters created with random culture.
- Made it more likely that the Mongol Hordes convert to Islam
- Faction View: The Faction labels are no longer capitalized
- Fixed bug with early holders of Family Palace holdings not showing up in the history
- Increased the random factor in doge elections
- Marcella Ziani now has the correct gender
- No longer possible for close relatives to become a married character's mistress
- AI Patricians are now far more likely to upgrade their Family Palaces
- Multiple assassination events should no longer appear when plotting to kill someone
- The province of Ar'Ar has been renamed to Shaka
- When transfering a vassal, the selected vassal will now be shown on the map
- Can no longer ask to join wars against a ruler who is imprisoning you
- You can now always transfer the vassalage of a duke to the de jure liege of their primary title, even if they hold multiple duchies
- Fixed a bug where a landed vassal who inherited their liege's title would remain in their previous factions
- Duplicate independence factions gained from conquering or inheriting titles will now be disbanded
- Fixed a bug where you would not be able to marry the courtiers of Holy Orders and Mercenary Companies despite them showing up as eligible
- Fixed a bug where the add_spouse command would have undesirable results for Muslims
- Improved Jihad notification event to include the religion and portrait of the Caliph
- Fixed a bug with Tanistry that could cause Game Over
- Anti-Pope will now remain as an Emperor's vassal if you press his claim to the Papacy
- Fixed a bug that was causing characters over 1000 years old not to receive events properly
- Exported is_holy_war to cb_types, this determines whether neighbouring AIs of the same religion will consider joining defensively against the attacker
- Can now ask to join Muslim Invasions
- AI will now ask to join Muslim Invasions when appropriate, and is slightly more inclined to defend neighbours against a Muslim Invasion than a Holy War
- Improved duchy distribution AI
- Fixed a bug where you would not be able to ask a character to stop backing a plot if their answer was no, depriving you of just cause to imprison them
- AI: Will now value Kiev more highly and be more inclined to use it as their primary Duchy
- AI: Will now value prestige effects of marriage at a more reasonable level
- The Muslim Invasion CB now requires either a foothold in or border with the target kingdom
- AI: Fixed a bug where countries with a vassal merchant republic would refuse to embargo _any_ republic
- Fixed a bug where a country who had vassal merchant republics could lose them when _winning_ a war against another merchant republic
- Fixed a bug with the Jizya tax modifier for Muslim merchant republics

mondblut

Arcane
Almost no nerfs? Great. Cry these sweet, sweet tears, larpers.

" - Anti-Pope will now remain as an Emperor's vassal if you press his claim to the Papacy"

Yay. No more messing with pressing a bishop's royal claim. Vassal popes FTW.

" - No longer possible for close relatives to become a married character's mistress"

Aww, that shucks. Why wouldn't I be able to bang my sister or daughter when I am so inclined? So much for Game of Thrones mod :roll:

Wise Emperor

Arcane
"-The Muslim Invasion CB now requires either a foothold in or border with the target kingdom"

Ha fuck your Fatimid Invasion of Greece in 1067.

"- Can now ask to join Muslim Invasions
- AI will now ask to join Muslim Invasions when appropriate, and is slightly more inclined to defend neighbours against a Muslim Invasion than a Holy War"
:rage:
Bye bye Iberian states and France, it was nice to know you before 1080.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Starting from 1066 in first 30-40 years without HRE help, Catholics never wins Jihads/Crusades/Invasion. Civil war in HRE or even fighting with Pagans and Muslim will waltz through Europe. More inclined... 2 thousand levies from Scotland won't make a difference. Norse always fights with Pagans in the first decades, Britain & France in Civil wars, Apulia defending from Muslim hordes. That leaves pathetic Poland, even more pathetic Croatia and average Hungary. They won't make a difference for defending Iberia, maybe Merchant Republics will.

Borelli

Arcane
- The Muslim Invasion CB now requires either a foothold in or border with the target kingdom

YES, finally i can play as Sicily without freaking EGYPT fucking me over.

- Fixed a bug that was causing characters over 1000 years old not to receive events properly

Wut? What kind of events would they receive?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, I'll know what to fix once the Scandinavian portrait pack is out (that's the only thing I'm waiting out on before updating). It will be easy to remove the Ask To Join from Muslim Invasion.

Multi-headed Cow

" - No longer possible for close relatives to become a married character's mistress"
:x

GOD DAMN IT PARADOX! TRASH! WHEN YOU INTERVIEW THEM DEMAND THEY INCREASE THE INCEST IN CK2, NOT REDUCE IT! Fucking Swedes.

Vassal pope as emperor - Yeah being emperor wasn't overpowered enough, now lets give you half of the income from every catholic bishopric in the game?

Paradox must be following the balance strategy of "if something is overpowered, just make everything else more overpowered to compensate".

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Vassal pope as emperor - Yeah being emperor wasn't overpowered enough, now lets give you half of the income from every catholic bishopric in the game?

Paradox must be following the balance strategy of "if something is overpowered, just make everything else more overpowered to compensate".

Popes made an ''Roman Emperor'' out of Frank barbarian to escape from Imperial Authority, making them vassals of western pretenders is both ironic and :retarded: No Frankish Pope would agree to do this as Gregory VII proved.

DakaSha

Arcane
Because some people not only enjoy alternate history, but also find it laughable to act as if any paradox game was actually 'realistic' in the first place

If they added flying buttmonky faggot with lightsaber invasion DLC that played well id buy it immediately as long as it added interesting gameplay.

For the record i havent even played to the point of an invasion. but i dont understand the crying about the DLC ESPECIALLY since it isnt forced on you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom