Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

DakaSha

Arcane
Because some people not only enjoy alternate history, but also find it laughable to act as if any paradox game was actually 'realistic' in the first place

If they added flying buttmonky faggot with lightsaber invasion DLC that played well id buy it immediately as long as it added interesting gameplay.

For the record i havent even played to the point of an invasion. but i dont understand the crying about the DLC ESPECIALLY since it isnt forced on you

I would love to get a DLC with a interesting and veridic Alternate History. Hell, even a good ASB can be fun. But Sunset Invasion is just pure nonsense nobody asked and no one wanted. Aztecs coming from America? To conquer Medieval Europe? WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?!

So dont play it. I still dont see the problem. The only problem i can potentially see is that people who dont like crazy shit think that the time would better be spent on non crazy shit

This is basically the same as: Wah I didnt get my way! Paradox dared to spend time on something i dont want to play. Wah!

People have been asking for non serious shit for a long ass time, me included. yay paradox. You are still overhyped pieces of shit that make buggy games but at least you dont take yourself so fucking seriously anymore

edit: for the record i think the idea is awesome. realistic? no. Awesome to think about? yes.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
I would rather have some Heretics uprising in the XIII century Western Europe but Aztecs are ok. They at least raise the difficulty for playing France or UK, instead of fighting Civil Wars and plotting to make a claim for one county, you got external & difficult invader.

DakaSha

Arcane
Because some people not only enjoy alternate history, but also find it laughable to act as if any paradox game was actually 'realistic' in the first place

If they added flying buttmonky faggot with lightsaber invasion DLC that played well id buy it immediately as long as it added interesting gameplay.

For the record i havent even played to the point of an invasion. but i dont understand the crying about the DLC ESPECIALLY since it isnt forced on you

I would love to get a DLC with a interesting and veridic Alternate History. Hell, even a good ASB can be fun. But Sunset Invasion is just pure nonsense nobody asked and no one wanted. Aztecs coming from America? To conquer Medieval Europe? WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?!

So dont play it. I still dont see the problem. The only problem i can potentially see is that people who dont like crazy shit think that the time would better be spent on non crazy shit

This is basically the same as: Wah I didnt get my way! Paradox dared to spend time on something i dont want to play. Wah!

People have been asking for non serious shit for a long ass time, me included. yay paradox. You are still overhyped pieces of shit that make buggy games but at least you dont take yourself so fucking seriously anymore

edit: for the record i think the idea is awesome. realistic? no. Awesome to think about? yes.

Stop being a edgy faggot.

It would make much more sense do to a interesting, somewhat better researched scenario than "SUDDENLY, A AZTEC APPEARS" dlc. What's next, the machete negro rape horde invasion dlc? Paradox should focus on cranking out good stuff not on making DLCs that make no sense and have no reason to be.

Hey guess what bro. I think it's interesting.

edit: not to mention that complaining about the aztec DLC is hilarious when this game literally has DLC consisting of "Face packs" and music :lol:

Emily

Arcane
Aztec dlc kinda makes sense IMO. In Alternate history where Aztec's united it is not impossible they would sail the seven seas .

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
First they would have to invent well, almost everything needed for sailing. Wheel I guess? That would be a start. And navigation and most importantly be able to sail against winds and currents that help travel from east to west but not the other way.

Of course it could be a different world where Aztecs are more advanced technologically and comparable with XV century Europe but then I don't think they would still practice human sacrifice or use obsidian weapons...

Emily

Arcane
So i just found out how stupid republic's are with no naval combat.
I get into war with Venice, transport bunch of small stacks around 300 soldiers(trade port have just 200 men) all around their trading ports in Italy.
Venice get's massive mercenary stack of 10k, goes toward my capital. I take out his infrastructure, his army is stuck seizing my upgraded castle for months while he runs into deficit .I get a negative war score for losing my capital,however... eventually his mercenary troop is disbanded since he spends all money. I then just steamroll his undefended territory and win the war.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
So i just found out how stupid republic's are with no naval combat.
I get into war with Venice, transport bunch of small stacks around 300 soldiers(trade port have just 200 men) all around their trading ports in Italy.
Venice get's massive mercenary stack of 10k, goes toward my capital. I take out his infrastructure, his army is stuck seizing my upgraded castle for months while he runs into deficit .I get a negative war score for losing my capital,however... eventually his mercenary troop is disbanded since he spends all money. I then just steamroll his undefended territory and win the war.

Naval combat in the middle ages? How preposterous. :roll:

Cassidy

Arcane

Just like the ideas Bethesda had for Fallout 3 and Mothership Zeta?

Because it is as nonsensical as them.

Seriously. If it was an invasion by Atlanteans it would actually fit in better.

DakaSha

Arcane

Just like the ideas Bethesda had for Fallout 3 and Mothership Zeta?

Because it is as nonsensical as them.

Seriously. If it was an invasion by Atlanteans it would actually fit in better.

I dont play horrible bethesda games and have no clue what you are talking about.
And id be fine with atlanteans as well.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
I dont play horrible bethesda games and have no clue what you are talking about.
And id be fine with atlanteans as well.

P much, I like that they are doing silly alt history things like this.

Alt history is pretty fun in paradox games, it's why I like Lux Invicta for CK2 and Kaiserreich for HoI2 better than the base games.

Shaking up the norm and playing around with what-ifs is infinitely more fun than the same rehash "realistic" scenario they've made 3 games around beforehand.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
For anyone playing Lux Invicta, is it possible to legitimise heresies? Can I turn Indo-hellenic Buddhist into a mainstream religion or will it be forever be a heresy Indo-hellenic religion?

Exxos

Educated
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Wrath
Is the CK2+ mod working with the current version and is it still good?

Yep, you can check for the (very) frequent updates over at: http://ck2plus.adjacentminds.com/?C=M;O=D

I always play with it, so much better.

De-lurking.

Rumors say that Wiz got hired by Paradox and is working on AI now.

All signs point that ck2+ will suffer by it but hopefuly the game will improve.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ecbeca75b5&p=14925349&viewfull=1#post14925349

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Paradox has approached Tcancer for an interview. Or at least one of their pr flunkies did. So, now that we've probably got them cornered what do you want to ask them? CKII, The Republic, DLC as a business strategy, Paradox's future, New projects, modding and making the transition from dev to publisher are some of the things that interest me. Help me come up with some more.

Dark ages like mondblut said. To be more accurate, the period from the fall of the Western Roman Empire and the rise of Islam to around the end of Carolus Magnus' reign. It was a pretty interesting time in the world outside of Western Europe. Also would lend itself well to a game centred around Asia.

mondblut

Arcane
If the Pope becomes the vassal of the Emperor, weird shit is happening.

Never noticed any in a few years I had the pope vassalized. Heck, after the pope was landless for a century and then was given a bishopric somewhere in backwater greece by catholicized ERE and resided there for another century, being a vassal of restored RE back at Rome must be a massive incline.

Also, does anyone really plays Sunset Invasion?

I eventually enabled it for lulz, since waiting for Timurids to appear was getting tiresome. 200k retinues waiting off the shores of Spain aboard ships made a quick and messy work of them. The only annoyance was provincial culture and religion switch, wtf?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Rumors say that Wiz got hired by Paradox and is working on AI now.

Not rumors. He was and is.

All signs point that ck2+ will suffer by it but hopefuly the game will improve.

Ofcourse it will. That mod will be dead in no time, unless someone takes over. Hope he brings some of his better ideas into the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom