Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
From CKII official facebook profile:

428319_547798721905307_1651161064_n.jpg

Is that a Drakkar Longship? Viking DLC confirmed?
99.99999999% certain for a lon time already. Pop culture recognition and the devs being damn Swedes makes the odds of them being Oesalians or some other group nigh impossible.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's the Dragonborn Invasion DLC! Someone has to stand against the american threat!

Emily

Arcane
Did you notice guys, that having counts instead of dukes gives you more score/prestige. One duke is worth 2 counts, but most duchies have 2+ counties :/... I dont get it, shouldn't it be opposite.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Im pretty sure that most duchies are atleast minimum 3 counties. Sure, there might be alot of 2-count-duchies but overall i think most of them are bigger then that.

Don't you feel like you're gaming the game a bit just too much?

Yeah, I've only done that once for the lulz, but it's incredibly effective. For the most part I just load my heir up with any excess titles I have when I can't find someone else who deserves them.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Amazon will be offering a CK2 'Complete' pack tomorrow for $10 or $5 if you have one of those coupons from Nov/Dec:

Crusader Kings Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon): All Crusader Kings Content Amazon Digital Carries (Crusader Kings Complete + Crusader Kings II + DLC)

Guessing it would be:

• Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: African Portraits
  • Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits
  • Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Prosperity DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the RU
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic DLC

Holy shit, emotional engagement in mah grand strategy?. King Tancred of Sicily had five children, 4 daughters, three of them, being geniuses, married kings of far away lands (actually, France, Hungary and Poland), fourth one was imbecile so she stayed in basement all forgotten because of her lack of intelligence what so ever. King Tancred died and his young son Roger became the king. Because of evul machination of his three sisters it was time of civil strife in Kingdom of Sicily, everybody absolutely hated king Roger... but his imbecile sister living in basement loved him to death.

+100 relations because same dynasty, liege is genius, liege is brave and kind... And I was like, holy shit, she's probably aware that she's completely retarted and she's loves me because I'm genius and shit... GOD SPEAKS THROUGH HER, GOD TOUCHED HER, IT'S NOT HER FAULT THAT SHE'S RETARTED.

Roger pointing at his imbecile sister - "GOD IS SPEAKING THROUGH HER, IT IS HIS WILL THAT I'M RIGHTFULLY KING OF SICILY, CLAIMS OF MY SISTER'S ARE WRONG!"

And sister was liek "true story"

And everybody was liek "GOD WILLS IT!"

And there was a peace in Kingdom of Sicily. So I decided to reward my retarted sister for chilling everybody the fuck down. I made her Keeper of the Swans, so she would have here little retarted pond, with little retarted swans she could stare at all day. I even matrilineary married her to some cool guy made him my marshall and gave him a barony, so she had her own castle... and then she figured out that she's title claimant and tried to kill me. Fucking middle ages man.

Borelli

Arcane
Holy shit, emotional engagement in mah grand strategy?. King Tancred of Sicily had five children, 4 daughters, three of them, being geniuses, married kings of far away lands (actually, France, Hungary and Poland), fourth one was imbecile so she stayed in basement all forgotten because of her lack of intelligence what so ever. King Tancred died and his young son Roger became the king. Because of evul machination of his three sisters it was time of civil strife in Kingdom of Sicily, everybody absolutely hated king Roger... but his imbecile sister living in basement loved him to death.

+100 relations because same dynasty, liege is genius, liege is brave and kind... And I was like, holy shit, she's probably aware that she's completely retarted and she's loves me because I'm genius and shit... GOD SPEAKS THROUGH HER, GOD TOUCHED HER, IT'S NOT HER FAULT THAT SHE'S RETARTED.

Roger pointing at his imbecile sister - "GOD IS SPEAKING THROUGH HER, IT IS HIS WILL THAT I'M RIGHTFULLY KING OF SICILY, CLAIMS OF MY SISTER'S ARE WRONG!"

And there was a peace in Kingdom of Sicily. So I decided to reward my retarted sister for chilling everybody the fuck down. I made her Keeper of the Swans, so she would have here little retarted pond, with little retarted swans she could stare at all day. I even matrilineary married her to some cool guy made him my marshall and gave him a barony, so she had her own castle... and then she figured out that she's title claimant and tried to kill me. Fucking middle ages man.
Keep your enemies close and your relatives ... in a basement.

Cassidy

Arcane

Keep your enemies close and your relatives ... in a basement.

That is more of an Austrian thing.

img4chanorg-1212802095620.jpg

mondblut

Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: African Portraits
  • Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits
  • Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Prosperity DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the RU

All they are missing is some Horse Armor DLC.

(really, I will never get who the fuck buys a fucking MUSIC DLC. heck, I normally don't get people who keep default music turned on in the first place, and paying extra to have more of it, what's wrong with those people?)

Multi-headed Cow

CK2's got nice music. I'd like more CK2 music. I pay dollar for musics and African faces.

I'm a little tired of the main theme. It's too over the top, I'd rather have something more subtle.

This. Music in CK2 is a little bit too much "epic". Everything that survived from middle ages to our times is very calm and subtle. But, I actually agree with Skyway in his opinion of CK2, It's basically popamole version of medieval europe, in both gameplay and general atmosphere.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
One of the reasons I hate DLC, it's so overpriced. Someone who bought everything would be spending over $117 total? It's a ridiculously large expense for wanting to play the complete game.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
You only need the 3 expansions for the complete game, the rest are essentially cosmetic DLCs. Just like HoI 3 has five-thousand sprite and music packs.

Destroid

Arcane
Are my culture specific buildings truly lost forever if the liege is of the wrong culture? Accidentally flipped my Italian duke to German and lost my extra pikemen D:

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods

Europe is in turmoil. The land has been fragmented into petty fiefdoms, the Emperor struggles with the Pope, and the Holy Father declares that all those who go to liberate the Holy Land will be freed of their sins. Now is the time for greatness.
Description

Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods, the fourth expansion for the critically praised strategy/RPG, finally enables you to play as a Pagan or Zoroastrian ruler, with particular focus on the dreaded Vikings and their tradition of pillage and adventure.
Crusader Kings II explores one of the defining periods in world history in an experience crafted by Paradox Development Studio, the masters of Strategy. Medieval Europe comes to life in this game of knights, schemes and thrones.
Features

• Play as a Pagan chieftain and ravage your weak neighbors. If you remain at peace for too long, your people will grow restless...
  • New special start date in 867 AD: The Viking Rurik has founded the kingdom of Rus and the Great Heathen Army under the sons of Ragnar Lodbrok rampages through England.
  • Play as a Zoroastrian lord and restore your ancient religion to prominence.
  • Adventurers: Landless characters can gather armies and go off to carve out new realms on their own.
  • Prepared Invasions: Declare your intention to invade and watch your armies grow with adventurers and restless warriors, but don't wait too long to start your war or it might all fall apart...
  • Rebels with a Cause: Rebels are no longer a faceless menace – they are now led by characters with agendas.
  • Loot and pillage provinces. Burn down their cities and take their gold!
  • Sacrifice to Odin at the great Blot!
  • Christians and Muslims can dispatch missions to convert the depraved heathens.
  • New beautiful Pagan interface skin.
  • New events and decisions: berserkers, sejdr, curses, omens, divinations, runestones and much more.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/crusader-kings-ii-the-old-gods#about_game-tab

Sorry for repost but I'm excited.
:bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom