Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex GOTY 2020 (Not the official Codex GOTY)

Which is the chosen one ?

• Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grand Guilds

• Othercide

• The Wind Road

• Morbid: The Seven Acolytes

• Torchlight III

• Total voters

distant

Learned
Add Fallout Nevada (final was released this year). That game deserves some love.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
All the shill alts voting for Wasteland 3. Disgusting.

Just like usual, people vote for the only thing they've seen.
WL3 is not terrible, but there are several better games listed.
Would be interesting to see if there are correlations with "the games on this list that I played" poll.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Cyberpunk's got 19%, second place so far. What did I fucking tell you?

"The game will come out, itll be underwhelming and [you retards] will still vote it GotY."
Historically, GentlemanCthulhu always said the Cyberpunk is nothing more than a glorified looter shooter. Plain and simple. We move it to GG and we do business with whatever's left.
Let me tell ya a couple of three things: Forget useless perks, forget e-celebs who go over to the game and can't be killed, forget our cyberpunk aesthetics. Marcin Iwiński has no respect for this thing. He's never made a real RPG, not really. Here's a guy who stepped over other studios to grab the big seat, his main competition.
Listen to me. They make anything and everything over there. And the way that they do it, it's all fucked up. Guys don't get their stats affecting anything. There's no proper skills and gunplay on the table...
Either it has meaning or no meaning. And the chargen thing, the man caters to faggots.
Five fucking proper RPG studios and we got this other pygmy thing over in Warsaw... There's no scraps in my scrapbook... Make it happen.

distant

Learned
Man Eurojank was supposed to be buggy because of ambition and interesting systems. Cyberpunk isn't bad (so far) but so much of it is a carbon copy of AAA open world games.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes I'm totally a 'hipster' for pointing out that CP2077 is a massive letdown and nowhere near GOTY material, good one

I do not think that the poll supports your claim. I would have voted for CP2077 as well If I would not think that Wasteland 3 is the better RPG.

Efe

Erudite
AdLFLsn.jpg

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Name and shame those who voted for Cyberpunk 2077

Oh wait I can actually view that info myself

Shame on you... shame

Did not played any of those, Seen my kid playing that Wasteland 3 it was... decent 6/10 from what I sow so in true KKKodexian fashion voted for Cybertranny 2077 to accelerate the :decline:.

Shame on you faggot with reading comprehension of nigger and this poll is about CODEX GOTY not best ERPG, Cybertranny is objectively the most Skyrim like game of them all (Fun to pop some moles on Console/Gaming rig) hence why it get my vote.

Yosharian

Arcane
Game of the Year (GotY) is an award given by various award events and media publications to a video game that they feel represented the pinnacle of gaming that year.

'Pinnacle of gaming'

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why no triple vote, for those who actually play rpgs there have been some good games this year.
From this list Naheulbeuk, Yakuza and Wasteland 3 are the best rpgs.
My actual favourite game this year was some weird FFT/Disgaea inspired jank called Fae Tactics. And I don't even like Disgaea.

Also the fuck are some of those additions on the list? Wizardry Labyrinth of Lost Souls is 2009 and has been on Steam for longer than a year.
Why include garbage like Katana Kami? If you include JRPGs include good stuff like the Shiren the Wanderer port. And the fuck is Xuan-Yuan Sword VI.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Currently the most prestigious choice (none of the above) is in the lead. Codex isn't all lost.

Yosharian

Arcane
Why no triple vote, for those who actually play rpgs there have been some good games this year.
My actual favourite game this year was some weird FFT/Disgaea inspired jank called Fae Tactics. And I don't even like Disgaea.

Also the fuck are some of those additions on the list? Wizardry Labyrinth of Lost Souls is 2009 and has been on Steam for longer than a year.
Why include garbage like Katana Kami? If you include JRPGs include good stuff like the Shiren the Wanderer port. And the fuck is Xuan-Yuan Sword VI.
Did you read the name of who posted this topic

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Did you read the name of who posted this topic

I didn't take fantadomat for a connoisseur of chink shit.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Tried not to be edgy and voted for Wasteland 3.

I haven't played Yakuza Like a Virgin yet though. I might change my vote once I do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom