Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex GOTY 2020 (Not the official Codex GOTY)

Which is the chosen one ?

• Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grand Guilds

• Othercide

• The Wind Road

• Morbid: The Seven Acolytes

• Torchlight III

• Total voters

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Stop the steal.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Codexers are cucks. They can't even admit they voting for Cyberpunk because they like it. "B-b-but that other game has animu art!" "I-i'm just voting for Cyberpunk for butthurt!" No, niggers, Cyberpunk is unironically GOTY for codex. That's just how shitty this place these days.
Ahhh it doesn't help that there is no actual RPG that came out this year outside of wastetime3 and Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk. It is really sad how few of us have left,people that actually like old type of games :dealwithit:.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw can we, please, move Kangmaker and Wrath to jrpg subforum? We, russians, are not some western fags, we are proud mongols. Thanks.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Codexers are cucks. They can't even admit they voting for Cyberpunk because they like it. "B-b-but that other game has animu art!" "I-i'm just voting for Cyberpunk for butthurt!" No, niggers, Cyberpunk is unironically GOTY for codex. That's just how shitty this place these days.
To be fair, as of the moment I'm writing this, "None of the Above" is winning.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Name and shame those who voted for Cyberpunk 2077

Oh wait I can actually view that info myself

Shame on you... shame

Did not played any of those, Seen my kid playing that Wasteland 3 it was... decent 6/10 from what I sow so in true KKKodexian fashion voted for Cybertranny 2077 to accelerate the :decline:.

Shame on you faggot with reading comprehension of nigger and this poll is about CODEX GOTY not best ERPG, Cybertranny is objectively the most Skyrim like game of them all (Fun to pop some moles on Console/Gaming rig) hence why it get my vote.
Ain't it glitchy as all fuck on dem consoles? (Er period on all machines)?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ahhh it doesn't help that there is no actual RPG that came out this year outside of wastetime3 and Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk.
Nah, even if Knights of the Chalice 2 was released this year and it had graphics of Deadfire codexers would vote for Cyberpunk. Because they are SOOOOOOOOO EDGY, of course.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhh honestly i am annoyed at those cringe lords. Why keep on bitching on the codex when you don't even try to play games anymore? "Ohhhh RPGs are going downhill,they are shit.....by the way i haven't played any game in the last 15 year"

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Shut up, weeb.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ahhh it doesn't help that there is no actual RPG that came out this year outside of wastetime3 and Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk.
Nah, even if Knights of the Chalice 2 was released this year and it had graphics of Deadfire codexers would vote for Cyberpunk. Because they are SOOOOOOOOO EDGY, of course.
Even if Knights of the Chalice 2 was released this year and had the graphics of Deadfire it would still be a bad game.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ahhh honestly i am annoyed at those cringe lords. Why keep on bitching on the codex when you don't even try to play games anymore? "Ohhhh RPGs are going downhill,they are shit.....by the way i haven't played any game in the last 15 year"
You said it yourself that "no actual RPG that came out this year outside of wastetime3 and Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk." Is it any wonder that people just didn't play any of the non-RPG games that did come out?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That is true,very pro AAA consume mentality is prevalent in the codex's group mind. People with actual passion and taste for RPGs are a small minority at this point. Most people don't even play games and only bitch at this or that,the other big group is new fagz that vote for the newest big game that brought them here "cybercuck,pillars,bg3 etc etc"

Reinhardt

Arcane
Even if Knights of the Chalice 2 was released this year and had the graphics of Deadfire it would still be a bad game.
No penis customization? Mods will fix it. There was already nudity in Deadfire.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Why are so many people voting for Cyberpunk when it's literally not an RPG? Even CDPR doesn't call it an RPG anymore. I'm totally disgusted.
Now I'm wondering what an RPG is. Seems its morped with the ages. Need to find that What makes an RPG" thread.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
zionist_agent.png

TheJewsFearTheSamurai.png
FYI, this tag has a little different meaning on Codex. Administration's attempts to prank the people who don't share their love for the "chosen people".

And, anyway, сын виабушник - горе в семье.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You said it yourself that "no actual RPG that came out this year outside of wastetime3 and Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk." Is it any wonder that people just didn't play any of the non-RPG games that did come out?
Nah,no wonder,just stating the state of the user base. Still most people didn't play Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk because it didn't come from "prestigious" studio made by a star devs lol. The game is hands down the best one of all put up there except maybe trouibleshooter,haven't played it to say. But most people just ignored it even it was supposed to be right up our alley.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Nah,no wonder,just stating the state of the user base. Still most people didn't play Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk because it didn't come from "prestigious" studio made by a star devs lol. The game is hands down the best one of all put up there except maybe trouibleshooter,haven't played it to say. But most people just ignored it even it was supposed to be right up our alley.
Honestly I avoided it because it's supposedly a comedy game or something. I just want to kill shit, not listen to clever quips.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Hey! I've played 6 RPGs released this year (5 if you don't consider KOTC2 released), I even made a thread where people could talk about 2020 releases they played because you asked for it in the upcoming games thread, and you managed to put absolutely no game I played in the poll, of course I can't vote. How the fuck is Gate of Integrity not a classic RPG to you? It's a straight The Bard's Tale clone. Horizon's Gate is too by the way in my opinion, and Tenderfoot Tactics at least more than all the action RPGs and mission-based games you put in the poll.

For the record, I would have voted for KOTC2, then if not there Horizon's Gate, then if none of those there probably Gates of Integrity although' it's not as good as the two others. Wasteland 3 is the only classic RPG currently in the poll, isn't it, and I'm going to play it when I have a good enough PC.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Honestly I avoided it because it's supposedly a comedy game or something. I just want to kill shit, not listen to clever quips.
That's the reason why i avoided DOS 2.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
This is turning in to pretty interesting battle for the first place between three games. Didn't expect that lol.
Well one is a big AAA release that a lot of people will pretend to hate and is apparently full of bugs, one is a serviceable if quite average game in the subgenre the people here love, and one is a genuinely great game that just so happens to be anime as hell. Some divide is to be expected.

I personally voted Yakuza, but will consider switching to Troubleshooter if my vote would bring it to first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom