Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codexian Battletech Carnage, Volume 3

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Orders sent.

missile-robot.jpg

mmmassacreresize.jpg

tindrli

Arcane
do i need to send orders since i cant move and cant see shit and cant even turn??? .. is it possible to lay down on purpose?

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Round 8 Fire (move along, nothing to see)

I almost got tempted to reroll the shooting as no one hit anything. At least the Stalker can probably live with it, as the Archer's missiles would have hit his rear. Let's hope it was just the calm before the storm.

Weapons fire for Guillotine GLT-4P (eklektyk)
PPC at Archer ARC-2S (Deuce); needs 12, rolls 3 : misses.

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (Azira)
Medium Laser at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (tindrli); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses.

Weapons fire for Archer ARC-2S (Deuce)
LRM 15 at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses.

LRM 15 at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses.

With so few guns fired at least everyone's cooled down again:

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (Azira) gains 6 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2S (Deuce) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (tindrli) gains 0 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Guillotine GLT-4P (eklektyk) gains 13 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 0 heat.
No heat penalties this round, which means the Dragon is at 1/1, enough to change his facing or even try getting up.

eklektyk

Erudite
PPC at Archer ARC-2S (Deuce); needs 12, rolls 3 : misses

thats ...like...almost critical miss ... must hunt that sabotager/kobold asap

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Pondering my movement orders, need a bit of clarification from good little toastboy first, but I'm almost ready to send in my orders.

i wonder what did you need to clarify??
we posted our orders so there is no harm done

I wanted to know what the rules were for intervening terrain and different elevations. Apparently, when you're on a higher elevation, of any intervening terrain between you and a rival mech on a lower elevation, only whatever terrain is in the square closest to the target is counted.
So you can see over many tree-tops, but not the ones immediately closest to the target. Makes sense, but it's also something worth taking into consideration.

You can clear the woods though. Shooting the woods is the same as shooting a mech in the same hex, if you could see a mech in that hex, you can attack the woods (as long as a mech in that hex wouldn't have partial cover). Heavy woods have 90 "hp", light woods 50. If you reduce a heavy woods hex to 50 or less it becomes a light woods hex. If you reduce a light woods hex to 0 it becomes rough terrain.
I didn't enable the rules for starting fires, sorry about that. Now that I've read about it in the TacOps rules it seems pretty cool though. Wind direction and strength even determine how the fire spreads.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What effect would a fire have on a mech? Heat problems for one, but would it actually damage one?

On mechs it would only generate heat. +5 should you end your turn on a burning hex, +2 for every burning hex you walked through. It damages vehicles and protomechs though and can instantly kill whole squads of infantry. Fire also generates smoke which acts like light woods. Smoke drifts in the direction of the wind. The amount of dice rolls involved is insane.

Round 9 Movement (speed dating)

Apparently bored with their old partners, it looks like everyone wants to move on to another. A shame really, I thought the Dragon and the Thunderbolt were it hitting it off pretty good. Interestingly the line from the Guillotine to the Stalker is exactly between a clear and a wood hex at three points. Tabletop rules state that a player gets to choose which of the two hexes is counted for determining LoS, Megamek seems to always choose the most obstructing terrain. So what could be a clear shot with no intervening woods for both mechs becomes one with 3 intervening woods and therefore impossible.
Round9Movement.png

Here are the odds for the next round of shooting. I'd be really impressed if we see a hit this round.

Thunderbolt (+3, jumped)
Archer (17 hexes) no LoS
Stalker (9 hexes) +4 (+2 intervening light woods, +2 target in heavy woods)
Dragon (6 hexes) no LoS
Guillotine (7 hexes) no LoS

Archer (+2, ran)
Thunderbolt (17 hexes) no LoS
Stalker (16 hexes) +3 (+1 intervening light woods, +2 target in heavy woods)
Dragon (20 hexes) +5 (+2 intervening light woods, +1 target prone and at range, +2 target in heavy woods)
Guillotine (10 hexes) no LoS

Stalker (+2, ran)
Thunderbolt (9 hexes) +6 (+1 target jumped, +1 target movement, +2 intervening light woods, +2 target in heavy woods)
Archer (16 hexes) +3 (+1 intervening light woods, +2 target in heavy woods)
Dragon (6 hexes) +5 (+2 intervening light woods, +1 target prone and at range, +2 target in heavy woods)
Guillotine (12 hexes) no LoS

Dragon (+1, walked)
Thunderbolt (6 hexes) no LoS, target not in arc
Archer (20 hexes) out of range
Stalker (6 hexes) +6 (+2 attacker prone, +2 intervening light woods, +2 target in heavy woods)
Guillotine (10 hexes) no LoS

Guillotine (+3, jumped)
Thunderbolt (7 hexes) no LoS
Archer (10 hexes) no LoS
Stalker (12 hexes) no LoS
Dragon (10 hexes) no LoS

Round 9 Fire (lone gunman)

I took the liberty of moving on without having orders from tindrli, since he could only hit with the PPC and he would sink all the heat it generates anyway it was a no-brainer and why not use my unexpected free day for an update?
The only mechs being able to hit were the Dragon and the Stalker, but the Stalker chose to rather conserve his ammo instead of hoping for a one in a million thirty-six shot.

Weapons fire for Dragon DRG-1S-UK (tindrli)
PPC at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses.

As expected, no hit this round. Everyone is at 0 heat again.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (Azira) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2S (Deuce) gains 2 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (tindrli) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Guillotine GLT-4P (eklektyk) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom