Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread

Discussion in 'Iron Tower Studio' started by Infinitron, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Goral Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    He wouldn't buy the game either way, he only pirates games and uses cheat engine whenever he can and CS is clearly too complicated for him :D.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I think pirating small indie games is lame.

• Agree x 12
    • Disagree x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    That is retarded in me book. This is no d&d lol,the system is totally different. It would be better if you keep the current speed of advancement,rise the cap to 20-25,and rise the checks. On level up make it mix between getting a skill point and a feat,to add a bit of levelling diversity. Frequent levelling is a fun feature of RPGS,if you end up levelling like 7 times for 20-30 hours game it will be pretty stagnant and boring. When i played this demo/ea i was really impressed by your advances compared to AoD,but it seems that you still want to make a tryhard corridor shooter. Anyway,it is your game so do as you see fit.

• thumbs down thumbs down x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    It's just the combat skill gain, the others seem fine. Knock combat down to their level.

Is ITS even small indie anymore?

• How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    My point was that DnD is more interesting when the levels are low (i.e. ToEE) when you have to carefully choose your feats not when you're planning prestige class behemoths.

Which caps are you talking about? Level or skill? The system wasn't designed to accommodate 20-25 feats, that's way too powerful.

I wouldn't call a 5-man team big.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  6. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    Yes it is,but you also have like 20 classes and a lot of vercitility in combat. The low-mid level is better in there because of the enemy you get to kill are more interesting. While you have people with guns and people with melee weapons,not much versatility in combat lol.

Yes,that will be retarded. But it will be fine if it is like fallout,getting feat once every x levels and getting a skill point or health or more accuracy at different level will be way to pass it. For skills level seems reasonable,judging by the needed xp.

^ Top  
  7. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    I hope we to get fight different types of creatures in Colony Ship. You have all types of potential with the mutated creatures which were experimented on by humans. I remember in Age of Decadence. You can get trapped in a house and forced to fight against a giant scorpion thing - I think that's what it was.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • feels good man feels good man x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    There will be 6 types of creatures; more if players demand it.

[​IMG]

• Excited! Excited! x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    WHOA! THAT LOOKS FUCKING EPIC! IT'S A SPACE JELLY FISH OF DOOM!

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    let's be clear here then: the players do demand it

:hero:

• Yes Yes x 13
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    I demand it too! More space creatures of doom!

^ Top  
  12. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    :mhd:

• Agree x 3
    • nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • feels good man x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    I think obsessing about level cap in and of itself is moronic, but with CS beta, I did see a real concern around build/party variety - i.e. how easy will it be for many playthroughs to cover most of the skills and buildstyles to the point that you lose out on replayability or distinctiveness. Part of that had to do with whether the perk/trait range was too narrow & with not enough 'special' / experience-changing ones. I do think this is a combination of all the decisions CS has made - party, learn by doing, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Alpharius Learned

Alpharius
    I guess the combat would be better if the highest combat skill you can get at the end of the PIT would be 3-4 instead of 8 or 9 with solo + tagged + mastermind.

The difference in xp for a given skill between untagged + full party (assuming all receive equal xp) and tagged mastermind + solo is what 4*2.5=10 times? So thats about 6 levels (assuming each next level requires 1.5 times as much xp as previous one). So if a solo mastermind will have a most used taged combat skill at 10 at some point in the game then a character with full party will have it at 4 or 5 if untaged and not mastermind.

:balance:

Seems reasonable, although Pit already kinda has too much xp for that.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Pladio Novice

Pladio
    If anyone is interested, there's a patch out in the beta branch on steam.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. Goral Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7936.msg160181.html#msg160181
    Looks better and better, especially party management or giving implants that we don't need.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    • incline incline x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. retinoid Learned

retinoid
    This along with Wrath of the Righteous are looking very promising. Age of Decadence and Kingmaker are my two favorite RPGs of the last few years and now both devs are delivering again. It's a very good time to be a fan of the genre imo. All we need now is an Elex 2 announcement and the trifecta will be complete.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    The squatter fight is so freaking intense. Just want to show it off, so you can see how excited I get whenever I do this fight:
    Show Spoiler
    Excuse the music, I was listening to Ravenloft.

Isn't it awesome?! It's one of my two favorite encounters - the other one is the frog encounter that has: three bullfrogs + two spitters + one psyker. Like it a bunch, really challenging. I always spend a lot of time preparing before doing it.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • feels good man feels good man x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    On my phone. Can only link the tweet for now: https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/colony-ship-interview-509.html

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  20. Takamori Learned

Takamori
    Regarding monsters, I hope we get monsters more like starfish bizarre thingy. Crank up the eerie feeling of meeting those monster for the first time.

The frogs I was like haha cute before I got my shit wooped. The jelly fish is giving me the same frog feeling of hahah cute

• Funny Funny x 2
    • feels good man feels good man x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    I wonder what kind of attacks the jellyfish will be capable of doing. Or maybe there will be different types of them that have varying attacks.

^ Top  
  22. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    With so many tentacles there is only one attack jellyfish can make. An attack against willpower. How long will our brave character's willpower last? Is there a fair lady in this container town that will boost their willpower before the battle, so they can have a fighting chance? Or will the jelly ultimately prevail and drags them to it's lair, so it may forever *feed* on them?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    >With so many tentacles there is only one attack jellyfish can make.
    Electricity attacks? Oh! I know! It can shock us to death! The many stings of doom! Mwaha! Beware adventurers, for this jellyfish will stun you, then devour you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Efe Liturgist

Efe
    its a giant jellyfish, which means it has large volume of "sticky substances", which it uses to immobilize targets.
    Beware adventurers, for this jellyfish will degrade you, then devour you!

• incline incline x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. CryptRat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Developer

CryptRat
    Sci-fi games with jellyfish enemies are objectively the best games.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.