Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The whole experience feels like a waste of time and the journey is meaningless.
That's how it feels like when you cheat.
Not really. Cheating in games is a problem only if you don't actually want to do it.
I've cheated in tens if not hundreds of video-games over the years and I've never regretted it. I've even modded some of my favorite games, always with an op version of the mc and I've always enjoyed my versions way more than the originals. And no, the difficulty of the game has no relation to that; at least not for me.
You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.
First of all, if I "cheated myself" and I liked the end result, I don't see the problem with it. Second, you seem to imply that you can force on other people your measure of what kind of value someone can extract from his time investment in video-games. You talk about gaining nothing. Talk for yourself. I value my enjoyment of the time spent playing those games in whatever ways I like. I couldn't care less about what you think I should or should not value and did or did not gain while playing games.

Yes,people that care about cheating are losers. Nobody really cares about being overcompensating losers.
:martini:

Monsieur,please fuck off.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The whole experience feels like a waste of time and the journey is meaningless.
That's how it feels like when you cheat.
Not really. Cheating in games is a problem only if you don't actually want to do it.
I've cheated in tens if not hundreds of video-games over the years and I've never regretted it. I've even modded some of my favorite games, always with an op version of the mc and I've always enjoyed my versions way more than the originals. And no, the difficulty of the game has no relation to that; at least not for me.
You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.
First of all, if I "cheated myself" and I liked the end result, I don't see the problem with it. Second, you seem to imply that you can force on other people your measure of what kind of value someone can extract from his time investment in video-games. You talk about gaining nothing. Talk for yourself. I value my enjoyment of the time spent playing those games in whatever ways I like. I couldn't care less about what you think I should or should not value and did or did not gain while playing games.

Yes,people that care about cheating are losers. Nobody really cares about being overcompensating losers.
:martini:

Monsieur,please fuck off.

I just wanted to make a joke that apparently like 95% of you are too dense to notice *shrug*

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
It's sad that the only gaming site that even mentions Colony Ship is Polish gry-online/Gampressure. But what's worse is what they're focusing on:

https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/are-there-romances-in-colony-ship/z4638c

u0svIDMa_o.png

"Unfortunately", lol.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
every fucking dweeb out there trying to shoehorn romances into everything...motherfucker can i get these hangers on in the game to shut the fuck up? one of the saving graces of wotr was the ability to replace the entire party with mercs who never bantered, never bickered, never made snide ass comments and camping was an instant fading screen.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Okay think Im done with the game (3 playthroughs, 2 finished ended first solo run near end game because of shit build *evasion*)

Very good game but I felt some parts of story/lore/dialogues lacking. Combat was good overall except evasion could use a buff. Skill checks and stuff were fine but with 1 skill monkey character + 3 combat characters you can pretty much get all the content from 1 playthrough (just miss some slight stuff like companion/s and couple quests which are pretty similar anyway compared to other paths)

One of the better games I have played recently probably do another playthrough in a year or two

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
It's sad that the only gaming site that even mentions Colony Ship is Polish gry-online/Gampressure. But what's worse is what they're focusing on:

u0svIDMa_o.png

"Unfortunately", lol.
It's fairly popular on DTF, a large Russian website: https://dtf.ru/search/v2/content/relevant?query=colony ship

Thank you.

Will post there about Vince concern for much suffering of poor Urkanians. He keeps mouth shut about current genocide in Gaza going on.

Not expecting anything from Vince, just usual jew sucker, who did 180 on his position from "stop the war" to silent approval of bloodthirsty frenzy in Palestine.

Humanophage

Arcane

u0svIDMa_o.png

"Unfortunately", lol.
It's fairly popular on DTF, a large Russian website: https://dtf.ru/search/v2/content/relevant?query=colony ship

Thank you.

Will post there about Vince concern for much suffering of poor Urkanians. He keeps mouth shut about current genocide in Gaza going on.

Not expecting anything from Vince, just usual jew sucker, who did 180 on his position from "stop the war" to silent approval of bloodthirsty frenzy in Palestine.
It's a fairly pro-Ukraine website though since most of the Russians there are under 40. So you wouldn't get far with vatnik stuff. Let alone the Palestinian stuff - everyone hates Muslims.

Look at the current front page: https://dtf.ru/life/2263234-v-pravitelstve-obsudili-prizemlenie-zarubezhnyh-onlayn-igr-v-rossii

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Okay think Im done with the game (3 playthroughs, 2 finished ended first solo run near end game because of shit build *evasion*)

Very good game but I felt some parts of story/lore/dialogues lacking. Combat was good overall except evasion could use a buff. Skill checks and stuff were fine but with 1 skill monkey character + 3 combat characters you can pretty much get all the content from 1 playthrough (just miss some slight stuff like companion/s and couple quests which are pretty similar anyway compared to other paths)

One of the better games I have played recently probably do another playthrough in a year or two

Did you play AoD and Dungeon rats?

AoD have much better C&C/Lore, Dungeon rats have better combat system (being combat spin-off from AoD).

This game is decline on most levels.
I am not even mentioning dumbing down difficulty for casuals (as long as you follow Optimal Path game is one of extemely easy) or staff like this.

Humanophage

Arcane
What does DTF mean in Russia? Because I think it's hilarious that some gaming site is called DTF. Explains the romance fixation many gamers have. :lol:
Daily Telefrag: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTF

Yeah, everything is now about some perversion, fucking, sex position, gay sex, etc. in young people's English. It's like middle school.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What does DTF mean in Russia? Because I think it's hilarious that some gaming site is called DTF. Explains the romance fixation many gamers have. :lol:
Daily Telefrag: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTF

Yeah, everything is now about some perversion, fucking, sex position, gay sex, etc. in English.

Eh, DTF has been a thing for a fairly long while now afaik. Not sure how long though, definitely came up at some point with internet dating and social media.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
im stuck. Playing solo sneaky techie. Cant survive easy combat encounters anymore.
Made it to habitat. Pretty similar to what Im used to from EA. Cleared shuttlebay - moses in charge.
Cant progress far for any faction - my combat and speech skills are not existent.
What I remember from EA was that I was still able to talk with church leader. However right now im not allowed to - blocked due to too low rep.
Any pointers?

TheDarkUrge

Educated
OK, ended Juggernaut Hammer run 1, straight on to Mastermind run 2.

If this was ITS' first game instead of AOD, I would have said it is a marvelous flawed gem full of its own weird takes on the genre, a la Troika. As it is, the primary disappointment was that AOD gave us the really flawed gem with much more edginess to its design for good or for ill, and CSG feels like a slightly more muted sidegrade. It's a great pity that AOD/DR revenue was not able to go further, because it feels like there's a lot of places in CSG where they knew what to do to improve the game and be more ambitious and just couldn't implement. But ITS remains a truly special outfit and we should be glad to have it, just like Underrail/Styg and a few others, who are trying to design real RPGs.

The ending sequence, like in other places, has some weird cracks in the shell where the puppet master didn't quite sew the puppet properly. You find the big great surprise (kind of?) reveal of the game, but nobody even comments on it directly, so much that the player has to stop and think "hang on, did I miss something and this is common knowledge?" A little bit of extra writing here and there would have done a lot to give necessary weight behind some of the big decisions that get taken. We all know VD is that guy who hates how movies take 30 seconds of humming and hawing to deliver one plot point, and I'm all for it, but at some point if you cut it down to 0.6 seconds it just doesn't feel real for the player.

Took the Church's lapdog route to save other endings for later - and it's mindblowing that first you find you're at the gates of Proxima all along, but the dialogues barely even notice, like it's a 10% sale off at the local bar. And then you go back to Abraham to tell him literally everything has changed about the political terrain, and it takes him one dialogue panel to get with it. It's one thing to teleport around without having to walk, it's another thing for every conversation to feel like it's a broke brother's telegraph from the West Coast: PROXIMA REACHED *stop* ALLY WITH MONKS NOW *stop* SEND MONEY FOR FOOD *stop*.

As someone who generally has no interest in scifi settings, I actually liked this one because it is almost totally concerned with how humans respond in all too human ways, and the nature of the situation they are in is ultimately a political and social one of their own making rather than made-up zoom zooms. Feels like bit of flesh around the bone all over could do a lot to elevate it.
Well there's an explanation for your followers at least
If you do the shadow part, they figure out you're already at the planet when they see the lander below the "eye" area. The monk lady also suspected they were at proxima, and I believe that it's implied this is why the protector leader was suing for peace before he got assassinated. The commander silas seemed to want to take it all for himself rather than co-operate. I do agree that near the end it felt like it was a bit too fast. Some conversations in the bridge would be nice. But what can you do, even a $300m budget BG3 had a rushed ending...

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
isnt the protectorate spy behind a tech check door?
only recall the door where random guard shows up and I can assassinate him on the spot
there is only 1 protectorate quest, u need a handholding guide?

-edit-
hmm u might not have gotten into prot residential cause of combat, right?
well, yes. We are having this discussion as im supposed to reach somewhere without speech/combat, I think ive exhausted all my options after doing sweep twice so without clear pointer we can go back and forth like this

std::namespace

i forgot that there is a gate there in this shitty adventure game where u somehow managed to do the impossible

jackofshadows

Magister
Finished. Had a lot of fun. Brutal, unforgiving combat as usual, at least with my build. When it came online though, sometimes I was able to trigger a huge chain of kills. In that sense, I was missing some crazy encounters ala AoD when you in the late game but agaisnt a whole lot of enemies, even if weak. Maybe there wasn't just on my chosen path. I also craved for one more really tough stealth section but alas (the best for me was the black hand). Anyway, playing a stealth ranger again was fun, although gameplay is for aquired taste (typical glass canon, more or less)
A3BF4711E8E081EDB25C52279CD1088A76591D06

38780D6AF9DCC7270FA8C1C1D2EF33CC43CCF3E4

Regarding the writing: I liked it even though I'm biased towards Vince's style. Consicely when it needed, wordy where appropriate as well. Plenty of great dialogues. As for the setting and a bigger picture - it amused me that some guys ITT couldn't recognise a simple, blunt as possible satire when it comes to factions in this not just dystopic but antiutopic setting. 'Muh church' complains etc. Like, come on.

By the way, AI in this game is just great. Still abusable/not perfect sometimes, of course but overall - top tier.

Will certainly do another run for charisma-oriented char, probably some time later though.

And also: did anyone able to beat
the monks on the "back to earth" route? was way too much for my solo build. Maybe will try it some more but it looked completely hopeless

std::namespace

20% of reaction from opportunist doesnt add up, or im in 5th grade...
bCEYcs6.png

also doesnt stack with weapon reaction bonus, which it should imo
29SD7nc.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom