Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Technomancer

Liturgist
sigh. yeah, its a shame this is still handled this way. there's been feedback to improve this aspect of Faythe (even just an autosave, like you said) for years.

I think its handled like that with Evans, no? With dialogue choice showing effects of future feat. If so, functionality of it is there.

agris

Arcane
Patron
sigh. yeah, its a shame this is still handled this way. there's been feedback to improve this aspect of Faythe (even just an autosave, like you said) for years.

I think its handled like that with Evans, no? With dialogue choice showing effects of future feat. If so, functionality of it is there.
Handled the same way as Faythe? No, I believe Evans is handled better and it's telegraphed what your choices portend.

If you're saying Evans is handled differently, where it is telegraphed in advance, then yes I think you're right. But I haven't played CS since spring of this year.

TheDarkUrge

Educated

yeah he get's the option to be a sniper (bonus to cover) or desperado (bonus to being open)

I wasn't sold on companions working out in this game but it fits well with the story's theme of co-operation and understanding other people's viewpoints or fucking up the whole thing. The temporary allies of convenience in AoD were funnier though

Humanophage

Arcane
Is there any way to get an additional tagged skill? I blew one of Faith's tags on stealing, and it's already maxxed out in the middle of the game. It is very useless, I have actually only encountered one check in the whole game where I needed that tag. Meanwhile, I am chronically short on electronics. I have already gained an additional tag from overclocked int as well as the feat.

Also, if there is no way, would it make more sense to just have someone else develop electronics, even though they have no skill monkey? Faythe is currently at 6. I could give the tag to another character with 1 electronics and develop from there.

Last edited:

flushfire

Augur
I feel bad murdering some of the seemingly hapless guys in the courthouse. Am I the only one? But if I don't do it it's missed combat exp and items. This game really wants us to become murderhobos doesn't it.

Tigranes

Arcane
Is there any way to get an additional tagged skill? I blew one of Faith's tags on stealing, and it's already maxxed out in the middle of the game. It is very useless, I have actually only encountered one check in the whole game where I needed that tag. Meanwhile, I am chronically short on electronics. I have already gained an additional tag from overclocked int as well as the feat.

Also, if there is no way, would it make more sense to just have someone else develop electronics, even though they have no skill monkey? Faythe is currently at 6. I could give the tag to another character with 1 electronics and develop from there.

Educated tag, raising INT w/ implants. But with Faythe rather than PC in this case, maybe you're stuck.

Depending on how far you're into the game it may be tough to catch up. 6 is quite high. Faythe should be able to get most checks (reach 8, maybe) if she's reliably fed every Electronics check out there?

Steal is, as it stands, not actually a skill. If you invest absolutely nothing, talk to Jia at start, and then just click on every single Steal that you see, then you'll eventually steal everything there is to steal (possibly missing out on one item at level 8 in the Heart, unless I've missed more).

Humanophage

Arcane

Educated tag, raising INT w/ implants. But with Faythe rather than PC in this case, maybe you're stuck.

Depending on how far you're into the game it may be tough to catch up. 6 is quite high. Faythe should be able to get most checks (reach 8, maybe) if she's reliably fed every Electronics check out there?

Steal is, as it stands, not actually a skill. If you invest absolutely nothing, talk to Jia at start, and then just click on every single Steal that you see, then you'll eventually steal everything there is to steal (possibly missing out on one item at level 8 in the Heart, unless I've missed more).
Well, I can get the tag on my main character by getting an additional implant. Then give him a token. This would push him to 6, but the rest will be easier to level up. He also has that +15% skill training boost, might as well make use of it. It does feel like a colossal waste of feats though.

The Jester

Cipher
I feel bad murdering some of the seemingly hapless guys in the courthouse. Am I the only one? But if I don't do it it's missed combat exp and items. This game really wants us to become murderhobos doesn't it.
Murder for murder god so he can bless you with getting good at murder.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane

Well, I can get the tag on my main character by getting an additional implant. Then give him a token. This would push him to 6, but the rest will be easier to level up. He also has that +15% skill training boost, might as well make use of it. It does feel like a colossal waste of feats though.

It does sound like a massive waste. You're doing all that just to get... what bonus? You know tag doesn't give any SP gain bonus, right? Just a flat amount of XP.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I was also inclined to thinking that Evasion is good mostly only for dismay and frustration, and it's better to focus on armor, positioning, and gadgets.
I experienced situations where poisoning, maiming, and gassing an enemy didn't do a darn thing in several reloads of the same combat—them hitting me consistently in ca. 17 shots out of 20 with even some criticals.
Before you react—yes those were badasses even in CS' meaning of the word, and yes they had some resistances to optical, and poison, but it was 35-75 in each and not like 90-100 for all.

However, later on, this situation with some more common enemies conjured me a content smirk:
Faythe, standing in the open, Evasion 38, Reaction 35, gadget +40% Enemy Accuracy, enemy poisoned (-2 Perception). Results: enemy missing 3 shots from 3 tiles away, and Faythe scoring two reaction shots for 24 HP, crippling with one of those.

I don't know if it can reach the Dungeon Rats' God of Dodge level of extravaganzas someone mentioned here earlier. Then again, Faythe is by no means some ninja with these stats, and IT happened. So, talking about expanding on Evasion...

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Murder for murder god so he can bless you with getting good at murder.
If being a murderhobo is so wrong why does it feel so good?

Checkmate rat diplomacy pacifists.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's with all the ULTRA fags hating on this game in this thread? This is the RPGCODEX, shit like CS doesn't get any better than any other game release for you.
How about you show some fucking gratitude and appreciation?

It's not a perfect game, but it's damn good in terms of how few people worked on it.

Granted, I've not even played it fully yet, but I'm glad so many people are enjoying it.
I'm kind of saving my 100 % playthrough for the next patch in mid dec.

GG boys
It's idiot codex 2023... 90% of people like anime and FPS crap here, or never play any games.
Yeah, old 'dex was much more sophisticated and knew which games are of great value and which not...

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What's with all the ULTRA fags hating on this game in this thread? This is the RPGCODEX, shit like CS doesn't get any better than any other game release for you.

It's not a perfect game, but it's damn good in terms of how few people worked on it.

Granted, I've not even played it fully yet, but I'm glad so many people are enjoying it.

GG boys
It's idiot codex 2023... 90% of people like anime and FPS crap here, or never play any games.
Yeah, old 'dex was much more sophisticated and knew which games are of great value and which not...
You're singling out things, and you know it :) Of course, it was *overall* a lot better pre-2015 or so.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy

GG boys
Every game thread has 2 or 3 absolute morons that are offended by that specific game not being what they wanted it to be, so they loudly tell everyone how terrible it is, again and again and even when everyone has moved on they still obsess over how terrible the game is. It's quite amusing in its own pathetic way
Every thread has 2 or 3 absolute autistics, one of them is you.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
You're singling out things, and you know it :) Of course, it was *overall* a lot better pre-2015 or so.

Not necessarilly. We have AoD, Colony Ship, Iron Oath, Battle Brothers, and then some already (such as Stellar Tactits incoming) :3
Edit: I will keep the typo. I daresay, I will suck the Tactits dry when they get out.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

GG boys
Every game thread has 2 or 3 absolute morons that are offended by that specific game not being what they wanted it to be, so they loudly tell everyone how terrible it is, again and again and even when everyone has moved on they still obsess over how terrible the game is. It's quite amusing in its own pathetic way
I guess. Unhinged autism isn't exactly new on KODEX, but damn, people are really speedrunning it in this thread it seems.
If the game isn't for you that's fine, no need to make 10 paragraphs littering up the thread with unadulterated autism

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I was also inclined to thinking that Evasion is good mostly only for dismay and frustration, and it's better to focus on armor, positioning, and gadgets.
I experienced situations where poisoning, maiming, and gassing an enemy didn't do a darn thing in several reloads of the same combat—them hitting me consistently in ca. 17 shots out of 20 with even some criticals.
Before you react—yes those were badasses even in CS' meaning of the word, and yes they had some resistances to optical, and poison, but it was 35-75 in each and not like 90-100 for all.

However, later on, this situation with some more common enemies conjured me a content smirk:
Faythe, standing in the open, Evasion 38, Reaction 35, gadget +40% Enemy Accuracy, enemy poisoned (-2 Perception). Results: enemy missing 3 shots from 3 tiles away, and Faythe scoring two reaction shots for 24 HP, crippling with one of those.

I don't know if it can reach the Dungeon Rats' God of Dodge level of extravaganzas someone mentioned here earlier. Then again, Faythe is by no means some ninja with these stats, and IT happened. So, talking about expanding on Evasion...

That is so fake news.
Having 38 Evasion is almost same as having 0, since all enemies have bloated +Acc scores.
Enemies reliably hit your characters with 60-80+ Evasion.

Instead of Evasion character which requires investment, thought and building around it. Simple armor(DR) stacking will work much better/

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
But as i've said not sure why we discuss Evasion so much, game problem is barren, boring locations. When new area have 2 fights and 3 NPCs and thats all. And the more you areas you explore, the less amount of content you get from new areas.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
That is so fake news.
Having 38 Evasion is almost same as having 0, since all enemies have bloated +Acc scores.
Enemies reliably hit your characters with 60-80+ Evasion.

Instead of Evasion character which requires investment, thought and building around it. Simple armor(DR) stacking will work much better/
So, you are calling me a liar over something I specifically saw happening in the game? Disregarding what I wrote about Evasion myself earlier—that even though it's not very good by itself, building upon it can lead to good situations? You make me sad.

But as i've said not sure why we discuss Evasion so much, game problem is barren, boring locations. When new area have 2 fights and 3 NPCs and thats all. And the more you areas you explore, the less amount of content you get from new areas.
That is such an unfriendly, uninspiring thing to say. And some actual fake news too, right there.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I put my combat run on pause to play a pure CHA character just so I could see the story all the way through, and sorry to say but I am finding all kinds of issues with it.

The Pit
(a) Why should the Player care what happens to the Pit? We aren't really affected regardless of who wins.
(b) Why are Jonas and Braxton willing to place so much trust in the Player to resolve things? The Player is a nobody, so why would they place their livelihood in his hands.
(c) If the Player is so important, why do neither Jonas nor Braxton offer ANYTHING of substance in exchange for our help?

The Factory
Basically the same issue as above. From the Player's perspective what is the difference between Stanton, Bartholomew, and Dumont? We have no vested interest in who controls the Toll Road, and none of the belligerents offer us anything in exchange for our help.

The Habitat
We learn that we have this potentially priceless piece of tech and we're supposed to just... give it away? Again, why don't the different factions try to persuade us? Or threaten us? Or something? Instead you just walk up to them and say "hey I have this thing, here you go". WTF?

House of Ecclesiastes
So whichever faction you choose will take you to see the monks, who explain the machine is needed to augment the Ship's failing life support capabilities. And we are essentially tasked with getting it up and running. Then after you find the parts, you get back to the Armory and apparently your faction doesn't want you to give the machine to the monks now, to the point where they're willing to come to blows over it. So where does this come from and what is their alternative plan?

That is as far as I've gotten, but given how the storytelling in AoD was top notch I am very surprised. What am I missing? Is this all eventually going to make sense if I just see the story through?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer

It does sound like a massive waste. You're doing all that just to get... what bonus? You know tag doesn't give any SP gain bonus, right? Just a flat amount of XP.

Tag doesn't give a flat amount of XP, makes the skill 2 levels higher (without affecting XP progression).

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Whisper
1. Doesn't provide arguments, instead wantonly produces opinions only, needlessly stuck in the past.
2. Unable to get over himself or the fact that things don't need to be 120% in order to mean something.
3. When caught red-handed, says actual lies about the game to support his fabrications.
4. When someone calls him on his bullshit, he puts butthurt smiley.

Heh, nice coming out for you, my case is closed :D

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
That is as far as I've gotten, but given how the storytelling in AoD was top notch I am very surprised. What am I missing? Is this all eventually going to make sense if I just see the story through?
The storytelling in AoD was more than fine I agree but the key decisions like who to betray were arbitrary and not tied to anything, basically. Just a player's choice. Here we have a potential improvement: the beleifs system... so to say but it's clearly underdeveloped, so not much has changed. Still, if you put thought at the very start of the game into that, you can try to be consisent with it and to figure out what to decide based on that premise. At the very least many early minor factions have ties to one of the three major factions so you can sorta try to carve a path to them since The Pit.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I put my combat run on pause to play a pure CHA character just so I could see the story all the way through, and sorry to say but I am finding all kinds of issues with it.

The Pit
(a) Why should the Player care what happens to the Pit? We aren't really affected regardless of who wins.
(b) Why are Jonas and Braxton willing to place so much trust in the Player to resolve things? The Player is a nobody, so why would they place their livelihood in his hands.
(c) If the Player is so important, why do neither Jonas nor Braxton offer ANYTHING of substance in exchange for our help?

The Factory
Basically the same issue as above. From the Player's perspective what is the difference between Stanton, Bartholomew, and Dumont? We have no vested interest in who controls the Toll Road, and none of the belligerents offer us anything in exchange for our help.

The Habitat
We learn that we have this potentially priceless piece of tech and we're supposed to just... give it away? Again, why don't the different factions try to persuade us? Or threaten us? Or something? Instead you just walk up to them and say "hey I have this thing, here you go". WTF?

House of Ecclesiastes
So whichever faction you choose will take you to see the monks, who explain the machine is needed to augment the Ship's failing life support capabilities. And we are essentially tasked with getting it up and running. Then after you find the parts, you get back to the Armory and apparently your faction doesn't want you to give the machine to the monks now, to the point where they're willing to come to blows over it. So where does this come from and what is their alternative plan?

You forgot to add how you spawn in "your" room in Pit.
You have no friends in Pit, no work, no family, no enemies, no connection to anyone, no ties to current Pit situation despite living there.
You act as if you spawned there 1 minute ago, prior to game starting. And you start to ask quest givers dumb questions to explain what happens in Pit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom