Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Conan Exiles - Funcom strikes again

ADL

Prophet
Battle Pass incoming
Hopefully this fails miserably so Dune Exiles doesn't have it

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zombra, are you still playing this with your group?
It looks, uh, sort of interesting.
No, we ran out of steam as a group. One guy played obsessively and basically paved the whole world so there was nothing left to discover on our own. We ended up shutting down our server.

I did crave more though and started a new single-player game. It's still good and I'm looking forward to the big update.

If you're hinting that you're looking to form a party, I'd be down to join a private server again, but only with players I trusted to not ruin everything, i.e. not an "open to all Codexers" server.

If you're hinting that you're looking to form a party, I'd be down to join a private server again, but only with players I trusted to not ruin everything, i.e. not an "open to all Codexers" server.
If you guys do, I'd love to join you. I favor a small footprint for my base, tend to build in undesirable areas, with only small outposts near slaving hotspots. Hate pointless walls protecting nothing and roads going nowhere. I'm mainly a builder and slaver, and I try to focus on making beautiful structures. No obligation, but I figure I'd at least throw myself out there.

vota DC

Augur
I am using a stygian called Bica because yeshor'click. Building here seems funnier than Valheim despite the fact you can't dig. You can build even towers just for the sake of seeing your base from far without using the map.

SumDrunkGuy

This game is a work of art. A modern day masterpiece. Honestly it's probably one of the greatest games I've ever played. Even with hundreds and hundreds of hours put in I don't feel the slightest bit of fatigue. I feel anger sometimes. Great and powerful fury in fact, but only because my passion for Conan Exiles is so strong.

Also this game is NOT an MMO. Referring to it as one is a slap in the face and only shows ignorance and stupidity. Do not lump such a prestigious title together with gutter filth made purely to appeal to fatfuck virgins and retards.

ADL

Prophet
Free2Play for a week coinciding with the free sorcery update.

Does anyone still play Isle of Siptah? $23 for the base game and the expansion doesn't seem too bad for new players.

Lhynn

Arcane
Free2Play for a week coinciding with the free sorcery update.

Does anyone still play Isle of Siptah? $23 for the base game and the expansion doesn't seem too bad for new players.

Nobody plays siptah. People who play with mods wont touch it, because its hard to mod, and for vanilla EL is a better map for pvp, with a more interesting progression.

Sipath isnt too bad if you want something new, but the gameplay loop is very repetitive, raiding vaults gets old very quickly and getting thralls is a pain in the ass. Savage wilds is just better.

WaterDrinker

How is the new expansion? I probably wont play it unless they put boobs, butts, and vag in the NA version. Until then it's strictly pegi18 version for me.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How is the new expansion?
In PvE/co-op it feels much the same as before. The new attributes system is fine. Some perks are trash but it's nowhere near as unbalanced as the original was. What little I've seen of sorcery looks like a great addition. Early game seems way easier. Could be because I know how to play. Still plenty of very tough fights mid game. The new building system is a million times better than previous. Daily challenges are cute and help me get motivated to go do little things, and can be almost completely ignored if you don't like them. (You will see occasional messages saying "Bird Creatures killed 4/10" and hear a victory thud when you kill the 10th one.) The Battle Pass looks overpriced but can be ignored completely.

Overall I like it fine and it's a good excuse to play again.

Last edited:
https://postimg.cc/2bTS6bTZ][/url]

My pyramid kingdom. PvP. I put it right on the southern edge of the map, bordering the desert, because nobody goes there except new people. Safety in secrecy/being out of the way. Easy to get to other points of the map using my map room but have to hike back the long way. New players stumble out of the desert, give up five minutes after buying the game and fall asleep (log off) naked on my pyramid. I tear out their hearts and offer them up on the altar of Set.

Haven't figured out how to make the most of the sorcery update yet. Am trying to work out a proper corrupted sorcerer build but that takes off half your half and stamina. Health isn't a problem, as you can fortify with armour and a good dozen buffs but lack of stamina slows things down uncomfortably. A few more upgrades to my sorcerous tome and I can build a teleportation network. Lotta slog but that's life in this game.

Life cycle of the game is 1-3 months. People login, play a while, do some raids, eventually get tired of it; go away. I played 5 months ago for a bit, restarted a month and a half ago. Only one guy still around from way back then. Everyone else was new.

I'm trying out a follower-heavy build. Fully leveled up, you get 60 perk points in this game and you can place them on six different perk lines. Half the lines (strength, vitality, authority) can be corrupted. It's extremely easy to reset your perks but you have to earn your corruption all over again every reset. The corrupted versions of the perks overwrite the originals.

With the prestige two follower perk, it's possible to summon two ape demons and have lolling around after you. They level up extremely fast but they'll go also break free of your control and attempt to take revenge on you after a while, so you need to summon new demons every session. Summoning them, of course, requires human sacrifice. My pyramid lies tediously far from the nearest victims, especially given that my corrupted status knocks my minimum stamina stat in half. However, the final spell allows you to build teleportation stones. These require both starting point and end point so you'll end up with your own network.

I constructed a secondary base near the Black Galleon. Two of my mortal followers accompany me with truncheons and we club pirates like fur traders clobbering baby seals. Then we drag our unconscious victims back to the secondary base. If they're worth something, they'll be teleported back to the pyramid and broken into my service on the wheel of pain. More likely, they wake up chained to the sacrificial altar.

https://postimg.cc/8F6yVZqZ][/url]

https://postimg.cc/gn2N0zCX][/url]

https://postimg.cc/2LzThr3t][/url]

With stamina shot, my climbing is truly pathetic. Fortunately, there's an icebridge spell.

A tribe of possible cheaters takes up residence next to my pyramid. Many active players denounce them for 'duping' which is some nefarious exploit for multiplying items. I kill one of the cheaters when he's running around naked and mock his incomprehensible 'English.' He chimps and swears revenge. Next day my pyramids (and other people's bases across the map) are blasted to scraps.

https://postimg.cc/XrVcNRX9][/url]

Worse still, the cheaters have choked my desert with hideously ugly buildings constructed from top tier materials. Wonder where they found the time to dig all that up.

https://postimg.cc/ft0YgZgQ][/url]

I am a little smug that they failed to find my sleeping body inside the pyramid. Locked away in a secret chamber! I could rebuild the pyramid but it would be a lot of work and would rather build something new. So I reshuffle my perks to carry-infinite-weight, dismantle the remains of the pyramids and carry them to the secondary base outside the black galleon.

https://postimg.cc/kVgcs0m7][/url]

Even halfway through the dismantling project, my main pyramid is beautifully massive.

https://postimg.cc/jL64bxqs][/url]

Only sand remains.

Regrettably, I've gotten myself into a tight spot. Resetting perks erased all my corrupted attributes but not my corruption and I currently lack the means to remove it. Half my health and stamina gone with no upside. Plus, secondary base is not in a good location for anything except capturing thralls and that's a tricky prospect right now.

Obviously, cheaters who hack up a vast stockpile of explosives (and get autistically angry over perceived slights) aren't much fun but I still like the idea of PvP. Previously, I played on a PvE-C server, where we could kill each other but not hurt buildings. That meant all buildings were functionally the same and you're just murderhobos. Much better to be a conqueror! Also, fear of being attacked leads to more creative building designs. For example, my main pyramid had no entrance except the front airlock-style double doors. Other people like to build on cliffs and such.

Previously, I played on a PvE-C server, where we could kill each other but not hurt buildings. That meant all buildings were functionally the same and you're just murderhobos.
I had the opposite experience. It was pointless to try to build anything nice on a pvp server because it would inevitably be hollowed out after you logged. PVE-C's issue is that there was little point in attacking anyone because ultimately, whatever they'd be carrying would be easier to get if you just farmed it rather than chasing a foe all over hell's-half acre for peanuts. I was only ever attacked like three times in four years and maintained my unique slave market base that long without incident. Sadly, decay took it when my video card shit the bed. Sorry about your base.

Can't say I'm happy about it but I understood that playing PvP will lead to autists, maybe even cheaters, mucking things up. Comes with the territory. Maybe if you had a server with friends, you could have a fight day/combat weekend once every two weeks where you could attack opposing bases. That's a hard rules based setting, not agreement. On my current public PvP server, can only hurt enemy bases during certain hours of the day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom