Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Critical role ruined PnP

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
We have been found out. It's all a Jewish conspiracy to destroy the Orient located in Greece and Italy (famous anti-imperial center) and turn everyone into a communist.

f9zoya.png

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
It's always the jews.

edit: It's as they say: when all you have is an oven, everyone looks like a jew.

Last edited:

We might soon need a "the CRITICAL ROLE crowd" on GD :mixedemotions:
The people who like Critical Role are loathsome parasites or "secondaries" as my younger children like to call them. They watch DnD and other games. But refuse to participate in anything other than what they see on the web. I am happy to be the old man yelling at a cloud here and anywhere else they may be discussed. Because these gobshites deserve it.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The people who like Critical Role are loathsome parasites or "secondaries" as my younger children like to call them. They watch DnD and other games. But refuse to participate in anything other than what they see on the web.
I have fellow GM friends that watch it but rage against new players that think this is how PnP is played. Go figure.

The people who like Critical Role are loathsome parasites or "secondaries" as my younger children like to call them. They watch DnD and other games. But refuse to participate in anything other than what they see on the web.
I have fellow GM friends that watch it but rage against new players that think this is how PnP is played. Go figure.
I have been playing and GMing various RPGs since the early 80's. I've probably forgotten more than most modern RPG players know. (I'm going senile.) I've dealt with all kinds of players over the years. Now, sometimes you'd get someone who wanted to play a game based on a way a previous GM had done it. But they either played the game or left. And there was no doubt that they liked pen and paper RPGs and wanted to play them. Which has always been the only barrier for entry to my games. If you like and want to play the game you are welcome. Simple. But I call these people parasites because they don't want to play the game. They have no interest in it as it actually is, a game where you roll dice and use your wits to deal with scenarios. No, they want improv theatre. It's why I hate when drooling fools say that pen and paper games are more popular than ever. They aren't. They're still as niche as ever. You just have a stupid amount of "secondaries" buying whatever verbal diarrhea passes for splat books now. And then only for DnD. RPGs are not a growth market. A true golden age would be indies getting a slice of the pie. But they aren't because these theatre kids just want to buy that DnD thing they were told to. And games like Traveller, GURPS, and Call of Cthulhu are nerdy and weird.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Hate to say it,but D&D has been fully compromised by disgusting SJW troon lovers.
Also,wasn't the Critical Role crew protesting against Kyle Rittenhouse,calling him a murderer after being declared innocent during his trial?

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Also,wasn't the Critical Role crew protesting against Kyle Rittenhouse,calling him a murderer after being declared innocent during his trial?
I've never understood why people livestreaming their weekly D&D game feel the need to make political statements.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I still don't understand the appeal of Critical Role (or anyone livestreaming pnp games, for that matter). It's just a bunch of faggots sitting around a table, making weird accents but mostly just random OOC comments. There's no visual or auditory impact, no attempt at immersion, just a clique of "friends" doing poor improv.

Maybe I'm wrong as I only tried watching a few clips here and there, but that's what it looked like to me. Watching paint dry is more mentally stimulating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom