Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nobody wants this game. It's another shameless cash grab like EU4 in which Paradox has not only not made any improvements worthy of a new release, but has dumbed down on the previous title.
Ah yes. The classical idiocy of comparing a sequel at launch with its precursor including all its DLCs.

If a sequel at launch can't compete with its precursor in its final state, why switch over?
And if it costs 200 euros by the time it can compete, why buy it? For a while Paradox had a really good scheme going on but we're starting to see the cracks. They can never make a sequel that doesn't disappoint because they bloated the previous iteration of each franchise with years of dlc, they simply can't develop a sequel of same scope. Might have been a good idea to look yeaes into the future instead of quarterly earnings.

Theoretically they can develop a sequel that competes because each 20 dollar DLC consists of three new features (which were probably already implemented in some mod lmao) and that's it.

Hellion

Arcane
Divorces do cost 100 Piety, so it's not really a viable strategy to divorce and re-marry constatly, especially in the early stages of the game.

I am also pretty sure that divorcing a character does not give the spouse half his moneyz. I will try this on my next playthrough tonight.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Divorces do cost 100 Piety, so it's not really a viable strategy to divorce and re-marry constatly, especially in the early stages of the game.

I am also pretty sure that divorcing a character does not give the spouse half his moneyz. I will try this on my next playthrough tonight.
Well it is a video of a whiny retard that larps as a funny guy. It is obvious that it is not a valid strategy lol,the question is that it has modern day retardation in a game about society from 800 years ago.

thesecret1

Arcane
And if it costs 200 euros by the time it can compete, why buy it? For a while Paradox had a really good scheme going on but we're starting to see the cracks. They can never make a sequel that doesn't disappoint because they bloated the previous iteration of each franchise with years of dlc, they simply can't develop a sequel of same scope. Might have been a good idea to look yeaes into the future instead of quarterly earnings.
B-but but but it'll have 3000 more provinces and will cover all of Africa, China, and America and will have tons of ebin memes like BEARS and HORSES and you'll be able to form the Ottoman Empire in 900AD, how can you not be excited????

Zariusz

Arbiter
I was thinking about fleets, and i have some ideas.

- There is no monthly upkeep for fleet (except for small amount of payment for crew)
- Quantity and quality of ships depends on amount of coastal demesne, special buildings and country modifiers.
- Price and time of build could be affected by modifiers like wood availability (wood in coastal province, wood in your domain, wood in your liege domain, imported wood), buildings and country modifiers.
- You can order fleet from your vassals, directly or from other countries like republic of Venice( Kievans did this when they invaded Byzantium).
- You pay for supplies once and you can replenish them in ports, port owners can allow this (they get some money and small amount of opinion boost) or refuse (medium- big opinion fall).
- Their choice has consequences, for example port owner is tributary of a country that is at war with you and he allows you to replenish supplies, that country can lower their opinion with port owner, increase tribute, start quick punishing war, ignore etc.
- You pay in ports for repairs, price also depends on buildings, province etc.
- After war and returning to home you can try to sell those ships to other countries, to local merchants or just cut them for wood and sell it.
- If you have certain tech advancements and decision you can turn your fleet into standing fleet, amount of ships depends on buildings in port.
- Each ship has age, older ship - weaker stats and bigger repair price, many age tiers.
- You can modernise your ships, price depends on their age tier, buildings and country modifiers, cost of oldest ship modernisation is bigger than building new ships.
- Ships with time get modifiers like good crew, famous, undefeated etc. for morale and combat. This is to justify modernisation and for larping.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent

So, what the game is telling me is that it's more cost-efficient to assassinate the wife?

mondblut

Arcane
Nobody gives a shit about naval combat.

It was fun in HoI3. Chasing around enemy divisions around the globe is nothing special, unless you cut off the entirety of Allied military at Yucatan, starving millions into surrender. But nailing a bunch of enemy battleships that would take 5 years to replace, now that feels good.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
th35ofger9j51.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I know PDX has given up any pretense of historicity but that's still retarded. Catering to the "le inbred royals xD" meme. Inbreeding happened because the royal lines married cousins between each other, not brothers and sisters, and it took a while for the effects to become full on incest retard baby.

Beowulf

Arcane
I know PDX has given up any pretense of historicity but that's still retarded. Catering to the "le inbred royals xD" meme. Inbreeding happened because the royal lines married cousins between each other, not brothers and sisters, and it took a while for the effects to become full on incest retard baby.

And the marriages between the same bloodline were arranged in order to preserve the line and not to lose/partition holdings, not because some hidden heated love affair between ruler offspring (not that those didn't happen).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom