Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am surprised that people expect the game to have actual spoilers,it is pretty much GTA + Fallout4 = CyberCuck. You will run around kill shit and get your revenge/power. Not really much to spoil.
If you already know that, why pirate it and play it 7 times?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Semiurge

Cipher
the point of the customization is a seperate photomode? not really happy
but it is nice to see that you can give female V some normal looking long hair and you are not limited to short hair as i feared

Yes, but since facial feature customization is extremely limited all female MCs will have that very tired/crack-addled face.

Vatnik Wumao
I am surprised that people expect the game to have actual spoilers,it is pretty much GTA + Fallout4 = CyberCuck. You will run around kill shit and get your revenge/power. Not really much to spoil.
If you already know that, why pirate it and play it 7 times?
I am not sure if i will even pirate it. Don't know if i could run it.
The Codex needs a new fundraiser.
After we raise money for Orma to get a new laptop and resume his posting on the 'dex.

Semiurge

Cipher
Wait, was there yet another thread split? Usually there's a notification about posts having been moved, so I guess they were just deleted.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Another delay:
EoQZ5RbUUAAlKyl

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Giving CDPR less money is a great reason not to buy from GOG.
Then skip the half measures and dont play or pay for their game at all fucking centrist scum.
Pirate it in solidarity with BLACK Americans and Poles and be sure to seed so they can grab it.
The version these retards are playing is from October when the game went gold, they delayed the game because they knew very well that the gold version is too broken to be shipped.:lol:
Photomode Trailer

Well if nothing else CP77 will at least be a good Cyberpunk photography simulator I guess.

I wonder what the retards will say now. They were complaining about the game being 1st person, yet having extensive character costumization options. What's the point they asked? Now you got your point, happy?

I'm laughing even harder since now you can post screenshots of how cool you wished the game looked while playing it in this tacked on photomode that will not help the game itself in any way but might trick your friends into buying this mediocrity too. The screenshot thread will be full of bullshots from coping CDP cultists.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Giving CDPR less money is a great reason not to buy from GOG.
Then skip the half measures and dont play or pay for their game at all fucking centrist scum.
Pirate it in solidarity with BLACK Americans and Poles and be sure to seed so they can grab it.
The version these retards are playing is from October when the game went gold, they delayed the game because they knew very well that the gold version is too broken to be shipped.:lol:
Photomode Trailer

Well if nothing else CP77 will at least be a good Cyberpunk photography simulator I guess.

I wonder what the retards will say now. They were complaining about the game being 1st person, yet having extensive character costumization options. What's the point they asked? Now you got your point, happy?

I'm laughing even harder since now you can post screenshots of how cool you wished the game looked while playing it in this tacked on photomode that will not help the game itself in any way but might trick your friends into buying this mediocrity too. The screenshot thread will be full of bullshots from coping CDP cultists.

Having a photomode or seeing yourself in 3rd person have the same effect on the game. Nothing. So they are just as good/worthless.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Outer Worlds did it right IMO, game itself is entirely first-person to keep that sweet sweet IMMERSHUN but you can see your dorky avatar and his funny clothes in the menu.

Quillon

Arcane
Outer Worlds did it right IMO, game itself is entirely first-person to keep that sweet sweet IMMERSHUN but you can see your dorky avatar and his funny clothes in the menu.

Only saving grace of TOW is that clothes/armors were so shit looking and we see on those few enemies/companions anyway so there wasn't much appeal. And they should have removed the character from inventory also for the same reason. Otherwise face customization was pointless af.

KCD was better in presentation with that we saw the character in dialogue and cutscenes with some cool armor despite the dull Henry's face.

I prefer to see the character at least in dialogue/cutscenes in a 3D akshun rpg especially if there is face customization and cool gear, in ranged combat it doesn't matter 3rd or 1st. Reserving judgment on CP; will need to see if full camera control in dialogue and other shit in FP was worth the sacrifice :P

Wesp5

Arcane
KCD was better in presentation with that we saw the character in dialogue and cutscenes with some cool armor despite the dull Henry's face.

Speaking of which, what really annoyed me with KCD cutscenes was that Henry would wear different clothes or weapons than in the game. This is a problem I remember from even the first Halo! Why can't developers use the current setup of a character for cutscenes rendered in the game engine itself?

AwesomeButton

Patron
I watch some lore-explaining videos on Cyberpunk and boy does it show some shallow understanding of economics and international relations. It must have been a real challenge for CDPR to make something of this setting. For the Whicher they were in luck with the author not interfering and not having developed the universe too much. Better an underdeveloped setting than a puddle-deep one with a ridiculously implausible timeline.

Vatnik Wumao
better than shadowrun at least
Not a high bar by any means, but eh. I think that Cyberpunk is a decent setting when put within the proper context. One cannot predict the future, so might as well just run with the preestablished tropes rather than trying to redesign them in light of our current geopolitical context.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Funnily enough the EuroSourcebook for CP2020 was written by a bona fide International Relations expert Mark Galeotti.
Knowing Galeotti's usual quality, this could have been one of his better predictions.

The retarded premise of the '94 collapse, the US suppressing constitutional freedoms overnight, are beyond repair.

Last edited:

Slaver1

Savant
Comparisons between CP2077 and OG Deus Ex, at least, are probably gonna end up far off base when we start playing. To cocksucker bugmen games journalists Deus Ex is a Square-Enix produced, fruity Montreal created plastic console abomination featuring a normie faggot called Adam Jenson. What's the bet there ends up being more gravity in just one early Deus Ex conversation than the entire breadth of our encounters in CP77.

Quillon

Arcane
Speaking of which, what really annoyed me with KCD cutscenes was that Henry would wear different clothes or weapons than in the game. This is a problem I remember from even the first Halo! Why can't developers use the current setup of a character for cutscenes rendered in the game engine itself?

Guess some scenes are too demanding/complex to render in realtime. There were such cutscenes in W3 also: Geralt wearing the beginning armor set and default hair in late game cutscenes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom