Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

Renevent

Cipher
Some tweet CDPR posted (never saw it), and then of course the usual bemoaning about inclusion, representation, and a pinch of cultural appropriation within the game itself.

Hellion

Arcane
Because the literal Hitlers of CDPR did this:

gsUXOx6.jpg

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Other than review copies, how are people playing this already?
Typical answer is consoles.

Bioshock who is playing pirated version in comfort while PC users have three installations permitted, and nobody told them they must uninstall to get installation permit back? Consoles.
Who is screwing up proper games by restricting RAM which forces developers to create underwhelming game? Consoles.

Basically consoles are devices created to force user to pay for DRM that forces him to pay for snake oil. But, he paid money, thus these devices are not caring if he's using snake oil before official street release date.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Update on the trans shit controversy for those who need it.

More importantly, and more uniquely, a bit about the dark side of CDPR. Not letting reviewers post video was a truly dick move, and an anti-consumer move.

Ofc all the screeching retards on here who pretend to be big on RPGs totally missed this angle, but that's no surprise.

Iron Balls McGinty

I bought this today.
I was going to pass for a year but I'm looking forward to having a spastic fit at a strobe or something.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
wFPcwbx.png

"The wait for Cyberpunk 2077 is almost over. It's been quite the journey, and first of all we want to thank all of you for being with us along the way. We know there's a fair amount of anticipation for the game, and very soon you will all be able to decide whether or not we lived up to the hype.

Launch day is always a mix of excitement and constant nerve-wracking, and with this being the first game we've developed that isn't titled 'The Witcher', we'd be lying if we said we weren't anxious to see what you think once you've sunk your teeth into it. With this launch trailer, we're just about ready to flick the switch and see Cyberpunk 2077 go from ours to become yours. We set out to create our most immersive world yet, and we believe that the stories waiting for you to uncover, and the relationships you'll forge during your time in Night City, will stick with you for quite some time.

We've mentioned before that expansions will be coming, and while we're not ready to talk specifics just yet, we will say that we've learned a lot from our work on both Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine. Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077 offering substantial, story-driven content that'll give you tough choices to make through impactful narratives that you won't soon forget.

But before we get there, we'll first be kicking off our free DLC program in early 2021. Just like with The Witcher 3, expect an assortment of free DLC packs to begin hitting Night City, dropping a bunch of cool stuff that'll inject even more life into the world of the dark future. We hope you're looking forward to them!

We want to end this message with a request. Once you play/finished the game, we would love it if you got back to us and told us who your V was. Our forums and social media are there for you. We want to know how you found Night City and what choices you made. We created a huge world for you to jump into, tell us your story.

CD PROJEKT RED team"

Renevent

Cipher

Terenty

Liturgist
Did you listen to her? She was disgusted by this game for not being woke, that's all she was interested in. She even said there are side activities but she didnt do them because they involve helping the cops, so why should she ?:lol: Just look at her face while she speaks about it:

Przechwytywaniesad.png
The scary part is that this specimen actually looks normal and can be mistaken for a sane human being. SJWs have commenced the assimilation process

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Small interview on GOG: https://af.gog.com/news/cyberpunk_r...s_how_immense_cyberpunk_2077_is?as=1649904300

CYBERPUNK RPG CREATOR MIKE PONDSMITH DESCRIBES HOW IMMENSE CYBERPUNK 2077 IS

More than three decades after the first Cyberpunk tabletop RPG was published, its creator is now watching the huge sci-fi world he devised come to life. Mike Pondsmith played a huge role in helping CD PROJEKT RED make Cyberpunk 2077 a unique RPG experience and today, we had the chance to ask him a few questions.

MP_editorial_1_2.png

GOG.COM: How does it feel to be the creator of a sci-fi game universe that inspired one of the most anticipated titles across the world?

Mike Pondsmith: Overwhelmed. This project is immense, and so many people have contributed to make it what it is. I knew 2077 was going to be a great game; that's why I trusted CDPR to make it. What I didn't expect was the overwhelming fan response and the scope and scale of that creation.

If you could describe the work on Cyberpunk 2077 with CD PROJEKT RED in one word, what would that be and why?

Collaborative. The ideas and how we do things flow back and forth, which is why we have such a great game. This could have been a typical licensor/licensee thing, but both sides worked together towards the same goal as equals.

MP_editorial_2.jpg

2020 was hard for many people. Do you think recent events have brought us closer to the Cyberpunk universe you’ve created – with all-powerful corporations gaining power and the net being the main place to search for freedom and self-expression?

Yeah, 2020 was a monster alright. Right now, I feel like we're about twenty minutes away from the Dark Future, but that we can still use the tools we have to turn it around. We just have to really want to do it. Remember; Cyberpunk is a warning, not an aspiration!

What do you think is the most important difference between the world you imagined in the original Cyberpunk game from 1988 and its new version in Cyberpunk 2077?

The world of Night City is a lot more jam packed with people and things. After all, there are limits to what a TTRPG can show and what a video game can. So while there are a lot of similarities, the biggest difference is the sheer, staggering scale.

MP_editorial_3.jpg

Do you play video games in your spare time? :) If so, what are your favorite titles?

What is this spare time thing you speak of? :)

One of these days, I will get back to Red Dead, Transformers War For Cybertron, Star Wars Fallen Jedi, Gundam Trilogy, VaHall A, and No Man's Sky. Right after I play the hell out of Cyberpunk 2077 though.

Are there any elements of the upcoming game – in terms of its universe, gameplay features, or characters – you are most impatient to witness in their full glory once Cyberpunk 2077 releases?

I plan to just log in and walk all over the city I created thirty years ago, and be amazed. This time, it won't all be in my head.

Are you also up for such a walk through the Night City, along with its dangers and excitement? Your chance is just around the corner, as Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM invites you on the RPG adventure of your lifetime!

One more thing - if you wish to check your knowledge about the world of Cyberpunk 2077, check out our quiz.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Do you play video games in your spare time? :) If so, what are your favorite titles?

What is this spare time thing you speak of? :)

One of these days, I will get back to Red Dead, Transformers War For Cybertron, Star Wars Fallen Jedi, Gundam Trilogy, VaHall A, and No Man's Sky. Right after I play the hell out of Cyberpunk 2077 though.

A man of culture

faeec46a3c965f7792a83824b6615869.gif

Quillon

Arcane
What's the problem with that? According to "Professional critics" who everyone now agrees are an Objective measure of quality, CDPR has managed to make a game that's just as good as Fallout 3!
k171QwA.jpg

:troll:

The keyword is "as a teenager". If I can have the same fun from a good game today as I did from shitty games as a teenager back then I'd call it a win... no, I'd call it impossible :P

Danikas

Arcane
Here is the graphics comparision :low, ultra without RT, ultra with RT graphical settings

Low
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-7996484.jpg

Ultra w/o RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-8674280.jpg

Ultra with RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-6632196.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom