Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Where the fuck do you live? I live in potatoland and have download speeds of 40mb/s :lol:

Probably in the US, still using dial-up internet. :P
Just answer the question please :lol:

j/k, I said "average" for a reason though. I've paid for a cheap plan, so my max bandwidth is around 7mb/s

I rarely need to download huge amounts of stuff fast because I rarely install modern games, and even then I don't much care if it takes a couple of hours more.

Mazisky

Magister
Cyberpunk 2077 trashed over trans issues: Activist ‘gamer press’ doesn’t want good games, it wants victimhood

Sophia Narwitz
is a writer and journalist from the US. Outside of her work on RT, she is a primary writer for Colin Moriarty's Side Quest content, and she manages her own YouTube channel. Follow her on Twitter @SophNar0747

8 Dec, 2020 19:28
Get short URL
5fcfcf92203027180f3e5178.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 — Official Gameplay Trailer © YouTube; (insets) Screenshots from cbr.com, thegamer.com, polygon.com
Follow RT on
The hotly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077 has become a hotbed of gender politicking controversy, but with all of it forced by a gaming media more focused on activism than anything else, it’s time for gamers to push back.
For well over two years now, activists disguised as journalists have been heaping unjust criticism on Polish game development studio, CD Projekt Red. Most well known for the universally beloved Witcher 3, a title which itself was thrown into non-troversy when critics complained that it didn’t feature enough black people, the dev team has constantly fallen under the ire of so called ‘jactivists’ for perceived social justice sleights. The most prevalent of which are baseless accusations of transphobia.

This all began in 2018 when the CDPR Twitter account jokingly replied to someone by asking if they had just assumed their gender. Within no time at all, the press latched on and cried about how the joke was harmful. To anyone paying close attention as it all went down, it was obviously nothing more than a lame attempt to push an agenda. A bullying tactic of sorts as it wasn’t a coincidence that months prior the very same members of the media were losing their minds over the lack of nonbinary gender options in the game that was still ultimately over two years away.

Fast-forward to this week where reviews of the game are finally coming out, and the media’s petulant cry-bullies are once again using their platforms to throw a tantrum.

An op-ed on website TheGamer.com writes that Cyberpunk 2077 will lead to trans people getting killed. Comic Book Resource echoes the sentiment by saying it’s creating an atmosphere of violence toward the trans community. Meanwhile, actual reviews of the game aren’t much better with Gamespot, Vice, the Verge, Polygon, RPG Site, the Washington Post, and others all lamenting how the game handles trans people.

The grievances bring up a lack of nonbinary pronoun options, a lack of significant trans characters, and a lack of trans politicizing. That last point being particularly eye-opening as Kotaku straight up complains that it doesn’t feel as if the developers want to specifically address queerness and transness. A blatant admittance that what the gaming press seeks is affirmative propaganda. They want their games to be vessels for promoting their activist agendas, and not you know, what the consumer seeks, a good game.

Even the Polygon review which spends the first seven paragraphs focusing on trans issues still somehow manages to spin the presentation of a trans flag within the game as a bad thing.

Representation, damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Being that I’m a tranny myself, I take issue with all of this. There is no single entity more significantly harmful to the widespread acceptance of trans people than the overly woke crowd. Put me in a room with one woke person and nine actual bigots, and I guarantee you, if that single woke person has access to Twitter, then they’re doing more widespread harm to people like me than whatever insults the other nine may levy my way.

This never ending cycle of outrage only serves to make trans people look mentally ill. It is further unaided by the fact that any and everything is enough to get a person labeled a bigot. It is peak insanity, and it is emblematic of a group of self made victims who would rather burn bridges than build them. Everything they do, the nonstop toxicity and whining and anger only pushes potential allies away. And I honestly can’t blame normal people for up and walking away. I wouldn’t want to associate with the people I’m lumped in by default with, how can I possibly expect others to.

Back to the Cyberpunk issue at hand, none of the anger stands up to scrutiny. It is a mix of entitlement and warped world views to the extreme. No game owes anybody socio-political affirmation, and we now have a gaming press that doesn’t view titles based on the merits of being a good game, but instead on whether it contains a set amount of activism. And if a game doesn’t meet a set leftist quota, they have proven time and time again that they will trash it unless it conforms.

These thrashings don’t even make logical sense. Consider a fake advertisement in 2077. It depicts a woman with a bulging penis under her leotard promoting a drink. It is being painted as transphobic because it “fetishizes” trans people, but it is actually a depiction of peak equality. Open your eyes and take a look at the billboards and adverts that surround us. Men and women are constantly sexualized and objectified in order to sell products, and so in a future where a woman can proudly show off her big dick energy, that clearly means society is accepting of such people. That is not transphobia, that is normalization.

But the ‘problem’ with normalization is that it means victim status goes bye-bye, and the current mainstream trans community thrives off of being victims. They don’t want equal treatment, they want special treatment. It’s why they are reviving decades old debunked claims that video games lead to violence. They have not a care in the world for rational thought. They would rather just be angry. They would rather just be emotional. Because emotions bring attention, no different than a child crying in a store aisle because mommy said “no” to buying them a 100 dollar toy.

As for the gaming press, they are using this predilection for attention to push very far left ideals. They are propaganda machines, pure and simple. Toe the ideological line, or get smeared. They are running an operation meant to scare game developers into giving them what they want. Pay attention to how they weaponize their platforms.

Thankfully for CDPR’s sake, Cyberpunk is so big a game the press couldn’t do much damage no matter how hard they tried, but consider smaller developers who can’t survive without the aid of the press.

This is where it is time for gamers to step up. Push back against all of this. That’s not to suggest you buy bad games or promote ones which carry little worth, but for those titles which do make for a good time, promote, buy, and discuss them. Show solidarity with studios that the media inaccurately paints as villains. It is time to strip them of their influence. Let all these sites crush themselves under the weight of their own hubris.

It is frankly time to kill the cancer, because the longer it festers, the more this medium will rot.

Source:https://www.rt.com/op-ed/509060-cyberpunk-2077-transphobia-media/

That's a hell of a statement... which will promptly be ignored by the gaming press and and angry activists.

This article is really good and intelligent.

Mazisky

Magister
Gamestar gave it 91% I trust those german autists more than murican activist journous here is the final score with breakdown for each category:

PRESENTATION 5/5
+one of the most artistically beautiful open worlds ever
+one of the best German and English voice acting
+Radio music and orchestral soundtrack are top notch
+Ray tracing has never produced such great lighting effects
+sharp textures, detailed models, everything fits

GAME DESIGN 4/5
+great mix of play styles (sneaking, fighting, hacking)
+varied main and side missions
+motivating skill system
+pleasantly open level design
-chaotic, unnecessarily bloated loot & crafting system

BALANCE 3/5
+four levels of difficulty that cover every type of player
+Interface can be freely customized
+good in-game economy (money is really important)
-Stealth, shooting, loot varying in strength and fun
-Difficulty spikes

STORY/ATMOSPHERE 5/5
+a dark sci-fi fairy tale you won't forget
+believable characters, emotional turning points
+living world, full of details and backgrounds
+dense cyberpunk atmosphere
+many possible quest endings

SCOPE 5/5
+about 30 hour main story
+Dozens of unique side quests related to the main story
+also dozens of fun open world activities
+multiple endings increase replayability
+Countless exciting details instead of annoying collecting stuff

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/cyberpunk-2077-test,3364844,wertung.html

Lol, in the article they say "This game is the opposite of Ubisoft games like AC or Watch Dogs."

SOLD

PRESENTATION 5/5
+one of the most artistically beautiful open worlds ever
+one of the best German and English voice acting
+Ray tracing has never produced such great lighting effects
+sharp textures, detailed models, everything fits

PON PON SNEED PON PON SNEED PON PON SNEED
I FUCK YOU I FUCK YOU I FUCK YOU I FUCK YOU
Truly brings a tear to the eye.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
"Ooh they can fix the epilepsy but won't address the transphobic content" is now the next logical step.

Epilepsy is a real argument compared to tranny inclusion.

Just take medicine and all will be okay. I have epilepsy and spend many nights at night clubs when young not to mention movies or games with flashy lights. Problem can be for people that don't know if they have epilepsy or not.

NullFlow

Savant
It's actually comical how every major CDPR title ends up in the same avenue.

-Finely written stories and characters with emotional depth that rival the best in the industry
-Side quests that are as well-produced as the main story
-Wide pool of choice and consequence set in a morally grey world
-Passable combat attached to half-heartedly developed mechanics and systems
-Launch copy is a veritable technical mess and will need a boatload of patches or an enhanced edition
-Frame of the game and ideas are conceived around trend chasing the industry's flow (except TW1 I suppose)

They're a consistent studio I'll give them that.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Not sure how you can say that. Look at the reflections on the tiled floor towards the foreground, and the reflections on the floor under the big yellow strip light, and the reflections on the ceiling to the left of the big yellow striplight.

I think maybe what's fooling you is that the Low and Ultra make the place look like the scene is supposed to be dark, so the brightness of the RT version seems wrong, but the relative brightness of the raytraced version is in fact more realistic, if you consider there's a big fuckoff yellow strip light in the ceiling.

Ofc it's arguable in terms of art design whether a "Cyberpunk" game should have that bright sort of look - or whether it ought to be dark like the low/ultra versions by design. But the RT certainly looks more realistic, and will probably feel more realistic as you're walking through it, on an unconscious level. (And if they wanted the place to be dark by design, they shouldn't have had such a massive source of purported illumination.)

I remember playing LOTRO back in the day, when there was the option to play in DX10 instead of DX9, where DX10 cast shadows on the ground, and on your avatar, from the tree branches. I recall people saying that this was a trivial thing that didn't add anything to the game, so the DX10 was a waste of time. But of course that's complete bollocks. Such effects are not something you necessarily consciously notice or go "wow" at, like some of the earlier phases of improvement in graphics did; but the feeling of walking through a forest where the floor and your character are sun-dappled is substantially more, ahem ... immersive :)

Same with this, once RT is common people will feel that the RT-less versions of graphics will look cheap and "gamey".

Hell, even the poor man's RT by Pascal Gilcher for Reshade (which I think is basically just a jazzed-up form of AO) makes games look substantially more solid and real, and it's impossible to go back to playing a game without it once you've had it on.
It's true for other games but this one is already lit, no need for another RTGI. RT Shadows seems not cutting it either. Reflections look fine and can stay. I don't say that RT doesn't make difference, I say that for me most of the screenshots (not this one because of lucky lightsource placement) demonstrate how broken the lighting becomes and that it does not worth extra 760$ for used 2080 Ti/3070 for now. Yes, europoorean regions fucks up GPU prices beyond repair even before scalpers come into play.

Now try to save your face straight while saying that the red lights are not totally broken and the corridor should be lit by sperm hue. BTW, RT makes those places darker and so, cyberpunkier!
qf6p6qE.png
0tSdKnL.png

Yeesh, you're right, those do look awful. Maybe they're early screenies and they've sorted it out? Hopefully? I dunno.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's actually comical how every major CDPR title ends up in the same avenue.

-Finely written stories and characters with emotional depth that rival the best in the industry
-Side quests that are as well-produced as the main story
-Wide pool of choice and consequence set in a morally grey world
-Passable combat attached to half-heartedly developed mechanics and systems
-Launch copy is a veritable technical mess and will need a boatload of patches or an enhanced edition
-Frame of the game and ideas are conceived around trend chasing the industry's flow (except TW1 I suppose)

They're a consistent studio I'll give them that.
From what I know remember from documentaries, Witcher 1 was initially meant to be isometric. They later switched to 3rd person but retained an isometric mode.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
This article says it is buggy as fuck.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...called-it-buggy-but-how-will-it-be-at-launch/

Kinda reminds me of Arkham Knight

Bugginess is the least of its problems.

Don't worry, you will get your trans pronoun in a DLC.

I have nothing to worry about, because I will never play it. And - unlike you - am not trembling with excitement in every thread, you buttplugged prostitute.

AwesomeButton

Patron
This article says it is buggy as fuck.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...called-it-buggy-but-how-will-it-be-at-launch/

Kinda reminds me of Arkham Knight

Bugginess is the least of its problems.

Don't worry, you will get your trans pronoun in a DLC.

I have nothing to worry about, because I will never play it. And - unlike you - am not trembling with excitement in every thread, you buttplugged prostitute.
Don't be such a shitstain if at all possible. Learn to take a joke.

Readher

Savant
German site has a full game guide up. All missions, endings, etc.
https://www.gamersglobal.de/cheats-guide/cyberpunk-2077-guide?page=0,0

Here's the ending sequence for
Arasaka (Takemura + Hanako)
route:
We want to be in control. This is how the mission "Last Caress" starts. Say to Johnny on the roof that Arasaka can be trusted and take the omega blockers . Then call Hanako and accept her offer. After the phone call, go downstairs and speak to Misty in her esoteric. If you're esoteric, let her read you the cards . Or not, then just chat until Hellman arrives and picks you up. When you arrive at the property, you can either smash the guard's skull thanks to your constitution of 9 or you can stay calm until Hellman knocks them over.

From the parking lot, just go right along the wall until you reach the stairs. Go up there and turn off the camera on the left above the door . Sneaks on to the wall and grabs the guard who is sitting on the sofa lounge. Now with 5 constitution you can break open the door on the far right in the corner or you have to take the front, somewhat riskier one . Be careful, there is also a camera on the column in front of the corner door. And when you break it open you inevitably draw attention and are most likely to be discovered. Your decision whether you want to shoot your way free or rather sneak through. If you choose to proceed quietly, be extremely careful: Once you have been caught, the objective of the mission activates that you should kill all guards. This also includes the big 'Mech pounding through the garden. So if you have either killed all elite guards or normal opponents, you can go to the first floor of the house and free Hanako . By the way, you should search the property more closely, for example a couple of abandoned Eddies and a pistol are lying around in the office . After looting, leave the building with Hanako and get into the AV to Hellman.

Follow Hanako through the Arasaka building. Which dialogue option you choose in her father's office has no effect. Take her and Hellman into the elevator and, when you get to the Mikoshi, sit on the chair next to her. In conversation with her father you can really offend the old man with 7 coolness . But no matter whether you berate him, accuse Hanako of being mistaken, or stay reasonably calm, in the end the conversation ends in the same way . So you don't have to be afraid of missing out because you’re unpacking your finger. Ride the elevator to the board meeting, meanwhile experiences another Relic malfunction and asks the one guy at the table to make room for you.But before you sit down, you should make some ammunition . Because after the appearance of the deceased Arasaka head, the board is attacked and you have to kill the soldiers. A couple of shots and a well-placed frag grenade should do the worst. Run to the elevator, you don't have to switch off the guards and the mech, it just costs an unnecessary amount of ammunition. However, if you really want to eliminate all the henchmen, Johnny's pistol will do a good job again.

On the 110th floor, it might seem like you're fighting. If you proceed carefully and wait, you can also sneak through the meeting rooms on the right, pass behind the 'Mech and up the stairs. Sneak or shoot your way up two levels ( watch out for the cameras, they are obviously attached ) and get into the elevator on the 140th floor. Once there, you have virtually no chance to proceed non-violently. So equip grenades in the elevator and immediately throw 3 or 4 pieces when the door opens. The Arasaka soldiers are so close together that you can erase most of them directly. Beware of the next room: Here you have to compete against Adam Smasher. The full body combat suit is particularly sensitive on the head. The best way to escape his melee attacks is with Dashes, when he fires his shoulder cannons, hide behind the pillars in the room. They are extremely robust and catch many bullets. When he is at about 60 percent life energy, the coward Smasher gets reinforcements . Watch out, they are equipped with mantis blades and can dodge quickly, but in return they can't take much either. This is followed by tanks with heavy machine guns - but of course you can also use them to fill Smasher with lead. If you are more on the hacker side, then of course you can also use your quickhacks. But even a simple short circuit costs nine slots. The double jump available from the Ripperdoc is also very helpful, as it helps you get out of the danger zone. As soon as you have killed Adam, go to his destroyed body and grab the access chip. Now the question arises: can he live or must he die ? I leave that decision to you.

Confront Yorinobu in the next room and sit down. You can kick away the gun or let the time pass, he won't shoot himself . Talk to the broken Arasaka heir until his sister appears and then go to the elevator with Hellman.

Have a chat with Johnny in cyberspace. The conversation gets pretty emotional and you throw accusations at each other. Sit down next to him at the snack table and talk to him as you like - after all, you 're at the end of the game, so what you say to him will have no effect. After saying goodbye, you wake up in the Arasaka clinic, talk to the doctor and then leave the operating room. Lie in the bed that the guard shows you. Get up as soon as you hear Johnny, go to the door, stare into space and, back in bed, watch the press conference. As soon as the doctor is there, scan the screen and solve the Rubik's Cube - or at least try. Then link to the device and answer the questions the doctor as you like. Then it goes to the running wall, link to it too. You fall over, wake up in bed and then leave the room. Touch the bleeding Jackie, have a version and again you find yourself on the mattress. Take the tests again, you fly back on the treadmill, but you have a bonus: you can make phone calls . So call (if you want) Panam, Kerry and Viktor. Hanako won't go. Goes back to bed, gets up, does the tests, it repeats itself for a few minutes. If you throw the dice, you can let out your frustration on the treadmill or other equipment. Then Hellman is in the room, but also if you continue to try your hand at the cube. He tells you that you can have an engram of your psyche made. Your decision whether you want to become part of the Arasaka program or rather want to return to Earth . If you give up, leave the room, follow the guard and surrender to Arasaka. Or you return to Night City, in which case take your bag, leave the room and go to the exit. In both cases you have finished Cyberpunk 2077 and the credits are running. When they are through, you can of course load your last open world game and complete side missions and tasks as you wish.

Gargaune

Arcane

Finally, boob spikes! The must-have augmentation for melee V.

By the by, just a random thought, is it a testament to Deus Ex's influence that we all refer to these cybernetic implants as "augmentations?" Or does the term predate it?

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
My friend is working at CD PROJEKT studio in Poland. And oh boy. They are in full panic right now because there is no Cyberpunk 2077 game at this moment. It's not even in a production stage. It was just a meme that went wrong. They dont know what to do but the "game" is suppose to release in two days. They spent hundreds of milions for a payed reviews of a game that doesnt even exists just to buy some time. I will try to learn more about this clusterfuck of situations. Only star citizen is bigger scam than this really. Poor CDPR. He said that they plan to release witcher 4 alpha demo instead so stay tuned

MasPingon

Arcane
My friend is working at CD PROJEKT studio in Poland. And oh boy. They are in full panic right now because there is no Cyberpunk 2077 game at this moment. It's not even in a production stage. It was just a meme that went wrong. They dont know what to do but the "game" is suppose to release in two days. They spent hundreds of milions for a payed reviews of a game that doesnt even exists just to buy some time. I will try to learn more about this clusterfuck of situations. Only star citizen is bigger scam than this really. Poor CDPR. He said that they plan to release witcher 4 alpha demo instead so stay tuned
As if someone is going to believe you got a friend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom