Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Hello pocahaunted, I see you are arguing with volourn, so you must be new here. You see volourn is always right. Even when he is wrong, he is always right. Got it? To be honest, you would have a much more meaningful discussion while talking to a brick wall than ever discussing something with volourn.

I hope that helps, and enjoy your stay at RPG Codex!

flushfire

Augur
Kem0sabe said:
Crafting is streamlined, you just need to keep finding ingredient sources on the maps you visit, and then you can buy potions/runes/poisons right from your Home or Merchants. No weapon/armor crafting so far in the game, so i guess there wont be none.
you don't have broad taste, you just like the taste of bio's. this is proof.

racofer

Thread Incliner
For anyone that downloaded this, can you inform if any of the releases so far came in .iso format with a proper installer?

Because so far all I have seen are releases where you run a setup/installer from within the game folder that adds some shitty reg entries and installs DX instead of the real thing.

Gord

Arcane
Dialogue wheel is certainly not the revolutionary feature Bioware would like it to be, but it's no game-breaker either.
My biggest problem is simply that the writers seem to be to lazy to come up with some reasonable summary of what you are actually going to say ("I want to be a dragon!").
Can't be that difficult.
But whether the lines are a simple sequential list or arranged in a circular fashion...meh...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"What a fanboy, how much are they paying you? "

Probably overpaying me since I go around calling KOTOR overrated, and saying its dumb they took out non combat skills. Dumbass.

Also, by definition, if I were being paid I wouldn't be a BIO fanboy, I'd be a BIO employee. You dumb shit.

"It's not Bioware hate at all, I can even enjoy playing their most hated game, Jade Empire."

JE is one of their better games, though, so you don't impress me much. And, it is BIO hate, why not just fukkin' admit it.

"The dialog wheel is just the dumbest motherfucking shit that was implemented in RPGs - no matter who the developer is, if they implement that shitty system, it detracts from the game. Whether or not the game is total shit or not is another issue altogether, one detractor doesn't imply a full absolute judgment of a game.

Also, it's pretty obvious that this system was implemented to enhance the "immersion" of low attention span ADD retards who can't read more than one full sentence without rolling their eyes and skipping the rest of the dialog/game - they need teh famouze voice actorzz!11one. Having a "dialogue" option based on intent instead of actually commanding the dialogue, which shouldn't ever be limited to dumb shit like "hur dur me smash" and "let's have sex", would be too much for your dear CoDXXVI:ModernSpaceWarfareinDimensionM players."

You are full of crap.

"I see you are arguing with volourn, so you must be new here. You see volourn is always right. Even when he is wrong, he is always right. Got it? To be honest, you would have a much more meaningful discussion while talking to a brick wall than ever discussing something with volourn."

While true, this is also true for all Codexers - including and espicially you mon ami.

R00fles!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Bullshit!

Also, volourn actually believes NPC's in Fallout don't use stimpacks on themselves.

r00fles!

J_J_M

Educated
Kem0sabe said:
I have a broad taste in RPG's, from Ultima, Wizardry and The infinity engine games to more simplified affairs like Too Human or JRPG's (still consider Final Fantasy Tactics one of the best rpg's made)... oh and the dirty dirty feeling you get from playing such a "simplified" and "streamlined" experience *sarcasm*

For me what makes or breaks an RPG is "Story" and how you impact it. I love choices, i love multiple outcomes more than i appreciated combat mechanics or deep character development.

From Bioware's more complex games, in the form of Baldur's Gate to their more streamlined experiments (which culminated in Jade Empire), i loved them all. Each and everyone one of them provided me with nice (although cliche) stories, interesting characters, and above all... different worlds i could immerse myself in.

As such, i dont restrict my game choices to what some might consider "hardcore rpg's".

Well, im off from work and off to home to make dinner for the misses. Will troll around later. :)
I'm not sure what half of your post has to do with the arguments I made against the wheel. I don't really care if you are able to lower yourself down to the dialogue wheel's level and accept it. Either way, the wheel is a downgrade no matter how you look at it. The old list type with fully readable dialogue choices is better at everything. I don't see why any game should use an inferior system (unless, if they're trying to cater to the lowest common denominator).

Hegel

Arcane
racofer said:
DAMNIT RETAIL COPIES ARE ALREADY UNLOCKED IN ASIA BUT NOT HERE FFS!!
You're missing nothing, albeit the game is better than the demo (fair margin), it's still worse than DA:O.
The ending is... especially.

Hegel

Arcane
racofer said:
Well, I've finally found a trusted source with the retail iso image for DA2. :smug:

Acquiring.
I got myself a legit copy btw.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bros... I don't even feel like reading a LP of this turd to be honest. I guess I'll just ignore it as I did with ME2.

Hegel

Arcane
Konjad said:
Bros... I don't even feel like reading a LP of this turd to be honest. I guess I'll just ignore it as I did with ME2.
Honestly?
The game is much better than what the demo has shown us. Graphicwise (just got the HD pack) at least. Dialogues and the story aren't as retarded as we were led to believe.

In fact, I think the demo was really bad advertisement. The weak spot is the combat, they really simplified too much, skill lines and crafting especially, char interation might piss you off (some characters are done nicely, some are rushed), I didn't like the new influence system, but there are some funny dialogue lines here and there. Isabela is pretty funny, reminds me of Safana.
IMHO.

tennishero

Novice
this game is shit, even downloading it is a crime against humanity

on a related note

i just got gears of war cheap

i must say the game is an amazing game. great fun. amazing single and multiplayer- amazing game engine- great animations

highly recommended for some brainless fun

pocahaunted

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Hello pocahaunted, I see you are arguing with volourn, so you must be new here. You see volourn is always right. Even when he is wrong, he is always right. Got it? To be honest, you would have a much more meaningful discussion while talking to a brick wall than ever discussing something with volourn.

I hope that helps, and enjoy your stay at RPG Codex!

Yeah, I guess so, my bad for usually just skimming through his posts.

I won't be repeating the same mistake in the future, though.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hegel said:
Konjad said:
Honestly?
The game is much better than what the demo has shown us. Graphicwise (just got the HD pack) at least. Dialogues and the story aren't as retarded as we were led to believe.

In fact, I think the demo was really bad advertisement. The weak spot is the combat, they really simplified too much, skill lines and crafting especially, char interation might piss you off (some characters are done nicely, some are rushed), I didn't like the new influence system, but there are some funny dialogue lines here and there. Isabela is pretty funny, reminds me of Safana.
IMHO.

Damn you, you bastard. Now I want to rethink my position.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
racofer said:
BUT KONJAD BRO U CANT DISMISS A GAEM UNTI LY'VE LIKED IT BRO

god dammit I just realised the delicious bizarro counterpart to this

You can't like a game until you've played it because you don't know enough to like it

You can't like a game until you've played enough of it so you can like it properly

Captain Shrek

First hand info from the stream:

>The combat is shit
>all choices lead to the same conclusion :P

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Captain Shrek said:
>all choices lead to the same conclusion :P
This is pretty standard Bioware practice.
No matter what happens Anders destroys the chantry, Orsino becomes a harvester and Meredith gets corrupted to insane cartoon villainy b/c of big lyrium blade.

Captain Shrek said:
http://www.justin.tv/cizzzats#

DA2 is being streamed right now. Gear up guys.

The chat for people who are following the stream is the best part.

"That bitch exploded."

"Something awesome happened!" :)

Canus

Savant
I see the reviews weren't joking about entire areas just being straight cut-and-paste jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom