Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Leechmonger

Arbiter
If you are trying to paint me as a fanboy, good luck.

No he painted you as a retard, a wholly unnecessary gesture to anyone who has read your posts.

I noticed the same patterns in hipster reviewers like "Worthabuy".

It's easy to notice a pattern when it's a product of your imagination.

made

Arcane
People said the game will get harder as you progress further but the opposite seems to be true. I one-shot Aldrich, one-shot Deacons, one-shot Wolnir... Indeed, the hardest boss for me so far was Iudex Gundyr and the katana-wielding NPC at Firelink.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
People said the game will get harder as you progress further but the opposite seems to be true. I one-shot Aldrich, one-shot Deacons, one-shot Wolnir... Indeed, the hardest boss for me so far was Iudex Gundyr and the katana-wielding NPC at Firelink.

Wolnir and the Deacons are fights that aren't supposed to be challenging. They're there just as a fun concept. Aldritch is moderately difficult, I'd say an average player should beat him on the 3rd or 4th try, after you learn all his tricks.

What about the bosses that are actually difficult? At your stage of the game that'd be The Watchers and Sulyvahn?

Wolfe

Arbiter
I still find it extremely funny that Aldrich was the one who killed me the most times..

Wulfstand

Prophet
God fucking damn it, Dark Souls 3 runs better on my rig than the first one does, remake of the port when?

I must've spent more than 2 hours on the Abyss Watchers, mainly due to my not knowing of the
summoning sign right outside of the chapel.

Not having played DS 2, I think the 3rd installment feels just as fun as the first one was, I love how they've added all these new quests within the game as well as the level-design, among others.

Perkel

Arcane
God fucking damn it, Dark Souls 3 runs better on my rig than the first one does, remake of the port when?

Canticepede demon fucking runs at my rig at something like 20fps everytime in DS1. Shit port is shit port.

made

Arcane
What about the bosses that are actually difficult? At your stage of the game that'd be The Watchers and Sulyvahn?
Watchers were moderately difficult, took maybe a dozen tries (keep in mind I have shit reflexes). Sulyvahn doesn't count as I summoned the NPC since I thought that might be required for her story which pretty much trivialized the encounter.

You one-shot Aldrich? What were you using/what soul level?
lvl 60. Wielding the katana you get at Firelink, wearing Undead Legion armor which is what I've been using for the better part of the game. Also some shield, dragon one I think.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok FUCK Sulyvahn, fuck him squarely in the ass. Dunked him on 6th or 7th attemp with my STR build but can't beat him as a mage on NG+. Just can't. It requires a lot of tries and a lot of luck and I can't be fucked anymore. Bitch is so unpredictable, sometimes he'll let you cast but then ruin your shit in two seconds, sometimes you can't even start. Plus he jumps away and dodges the projectiles. Oh and if you want to do any reasonable damage you have to equip the Magic Clutch Ring and the Oolacile Crown which basically means you can't get hit, especially with his purple sword.

I have no idea how are mages supposed to beat this guy without an autistic amounts of attemps. I could stomach 20 tries with the Watchers and 30 tries with SoC but this fool isn't worth it. Life is too short. And fuck you Miyazaki for your stupid Mortal Kombat bosses.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Ok FUCK Sulyvahn, fuck him squarely in the ass. Dunked him on 6th or 7th attemp with my STR build but can't beat him as a mage on NG+. Just can't. It requires a lot of tries and a lot of luck and I can't be fucked anymore. Bitch is so unpredictable, sometimes he'll let you cast but then ruin your shit in two seconds, sometimes you can't even start. Plus he jumps away and dodges the projectiles. Oh and if you want to do any reasonable damage you have to equip the Magic Clutch Ring and the Oolacile Crown which basically means you can't get hit, especially with his purple sword.

I have no idea how are mages supposed to beat this guy without an autistic amounts of attemps. I could stomach 20 tries with the Watchers and 30 tries with SoC but this fool isn't worth it. Life is too short. And fuck you Miyazaki for your stupid Mortal Kombat bosses.
Flash sword is your friend for a lot of the faster bosses as a mage I've found. Just wait till you get to cripple knight. Also, Lloyd's sword ring is a great damage booster if you weren't using it already.

I'm actually having a horrible time on my own NG+ run. Figured I'd try out a faith build because I had some cool boss weapons nad spells I wanted to try with it. Turns out the spells are basically all garbage, and I forgot the weapons weren't upgraded enough for a NG+ run. Now I'm just struggling to get a stat reset so I can revert to a quality or mage build.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Struggled a ton with Namless with my slow STR build.
Everything I've seen/read points to using weapons no heavier/slower than 'Claymore-level' greatswords (as opposed to ultra greatswords or heavy axes or whatever). Which is cool for me since -- while it's fun to hit someone with a heavy 'clunk' -- I really hate the slow ass attack speeds.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I understand you can you trade items in DS3? Game's refusing to give me estoc. Wiki says I can buy it from Greirat after his pillage run but both on NG and NG+ Greirat's bugging out, saying he'll go stealing but isn't moving his ass, just sitting there. I've killed three bosses since he said it first time and still nothing. If anyone has one spare can we arrange a drop? Thanks!

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Struggled a ton with Namless with my slow STR build.
Everything I've seen/read points to using weapons no heavier/slower than 'Claymore-level' greatswords (as opposed to ultra greatswords or heavy axes or whatever). Which is cool for me since -- while it's fun to hit someone with a heavy 'clunk' -- I really hate the slow ass attack speeds.

Against normal enemies, the faster the better. Against bosses, it depends. I found Nameless Kings easier with Fume UGS compared to the Butcher Knife, for example.

Damned Registrations

I understand you can you trade items in DS3? Game's refusing to give me estoc. Wiki says I can buy it from Greirat after his pillage run but both on NG and NG+ Greirat's bugging out, saying he'll go stealing but isn't moving his ass, just sitting there. I've killed three bosses since he said it first time and still nothing. If anyone has one spare can we arrange a drop? Thanks!
If you can't get a trade going, you could try killing him and giving his ashes to the crone. I mean, if he's bugged out anyways, who cares right?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm watching twitch with a big grin on my face cause some of the streamers are raped by the boss fights.

There is one guys who beat Nameless King on first try and now he already spent 2 hours trying to kill him :) Hilarious stuff. How is such a thing even possible? Either the guy lost his gaming skills or ... luck matters too much.

One wrongly-timed roll and you are fucked. One wrong interpretation of your enemy movement and you are fucked. Broken hitboxes and hits through the walls. Random interminable combos. Boss becomes aggressive when you estus.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Kinda surprising with Nameless King, I found his AI to be very consistent. Dancer's is by far the worst.

On an unrelated note, remember how amongst all the "weird moveset, fast attacks, high damage" enemies in DS3, From managed to sneak in a few who actually did something unusual and forced you to play differently - prime amongst them, the Irithyll Dungeon jailers? Well, according to neogaf, these are by far the most "bullshit" enemy type in the game and apparently cheap as hell. I think the series is dead, bros. It's intended audience is clearly composed of absolute retards.

Damned Registrations

Still have yet to fight this nameless king dude, I hope it lives up to the hype. My first bout with him is going to be in NG+, should be a thrill. Got to the slug queen and changed to a quality build. Rocking the frost rapier again. That thing is brutal, and it even outclasses the katana in the end, which surprised me. Just got a huge bonus on the last upgrade while the katana just got the usual.

Mystary!

Arcane
inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg

It means to kill in one HIT, not one try.

Malpercio

Arcane
inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg

It means to kill in one HIT, not one try.

Eh, it can also means in one try. It's not like it can mean anything else in this context.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you can't get a trade going, you could try killing him and giving his ashes to the crone. I mean, if he's bugged out anyways, who cares right?

He hasn't completed his stealing run tho, I don't think he has the estoc yet.

Kinda surprising with Nameless King, I found his AI to be very consistent. Dancer's is by far the worst.

On an unrelated note, remember how amongst all the "weird moveset, fast attacks, high damage" enemies in DS3, From managed to sneak in a few who actually did something unusual and forced you to play differently - prime amongst them, the Irithyll Dungeon jailers? Well, according to neogaf, these are by far the most "bullshit" enemy type in the game and apparently cheap as hell. I think the series is dead, bros. It's intended audience is clearly composed of absolute retards.

Pontiff is the worst for me.

And jailers and the most "bullshit" enemies? Yeah, people are retards indeed.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Pontiff was bad for me until I realized that once you whittle him down to half health and he starts trying to summon his clone, you can just run straight up to him and start wailing on him like a maniac since he can't do anything to stop you. Had a +10 refined longsword at that point and it took a good quarter of his health off with every go, and was pretty much guaranteed to kill the clone too since he'd just get stunlocked to death the moment he popped in.

Perkel

Arcane
yeah but i don't think it will work on NG+ or NG++ as he has bigger pool of HP.

I did the same btw. When he started to summon clone i just rushed him and destroyed clone before even whole animation finished at the same time i got pontif down to 1/4 from 2/3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom