Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Perkel

Arcane
He hasn't completed his stealing run tho, I don't think he has the estoc yet.

Did you send him to Irithyll? I did and he never came back.

I think this connects to his quest line. IF you don't do something he won't come back. In my first playtrough i did the same and he never came back. idk what i need to do but this time i am exploring things much more and go back to previous areas just to check.

From my second playtrough i already figured out few interesting tidbits:

- that depressed dude is sitting on stairs usually but when he isn't sitting there he is outside of firelink shrine near grave with sword where that dog usually is. I think dude is depressed because he had some companion with him who died.

- that handman or whatever he is called who gives you cracked orb arrives near top throne after you light up second bonfire in Lothric high wall. He will give you key to that dungeon if you will have in your posetion Pale tongue which you can get from undead settlement or by invading and winning. After that he vanishes for a while.

- that weird chick on stairs is sitting after you beat Greatwood. I think you can see her only once there and she vanishes once you will talk with her.

Mystary!

Arcane
Greirat doesn't come back because
he dies. You can find his body along with his ashes on one of his excursions routes.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
About Greirat

Greirat won't die second time if you continue Siegward's story line, onion knight will save him. Greirat mostly relocates after killing a boss.
3rd time is the charm though, don't know if anyone can save him that time.

Mystary!

Arcane
Hm. First time around I couldnt get Siegheil out of the well and this time he aint even down there... No idea what I did differently, except for maybe going there before Abyss Watchers?

Wolfe

Arbiter
You have to open the main gate of the Cathedral so that you can find him in the well.

Seethe

Arbiter
If you are trying to paint me as a fanboy, good luck.

No he painted you as a retard, a wholly unnecessary gesture to anyone who has read your posts.

Coming from someone who hides is profile, that is so adorable.

It's easy to notice a pattern when it's a product of your imagination.

Another witty reply. You said basically nothing. Congratulations, you're just in due time to stop posting now.

About Greirat

Greirat won't die second time if you continue Siegward's story line, onion knight will save him. Greirat mostly relocates after killing a boss.
3rd time is the charm though, don't know if anyone can save him that time.

You can also
Send Patches after him afaik. He will also save him.

Perkel

Arcane
Sitting at 69 hours currently. Playing now as 3 different chars. Assasin type, pyro (always wanted to try it), and two hander only guy.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I like that they made combustion into a simple weapon skill for pyromancy. It's so much a bread and butter kind of thing it's nice to always have it around.

Also, I'm tempted to make another assassin and play as an actual assassin, stealthing through everything and backstabbing everyone. It was really effective in the places I bothered to do it, even without specifically equipping for it.

Perkel

Arcane
I like that they made combustion into a simple weapon skill for pyromancy. It's so much a bread and butter kind of thing it's nice to always have it around.

Also, I'm tempted to make another assassin and play as an actual assassin, stealthing through everything and backstabbing everyone. It was really effective in the places I bothered to do it, even without specifically equipping for it.

I am trying to build character around tools. Since knives now have proper moveset AND they scale with dex it is imo viable way to fuck around with people. They can quickly chip away health. Then there are varios spells that gives you camuflage or straight up invisibility.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Currently in the Lothric Castle with my NG+ mage and I kindda lost the incentive to continue with PvE. I thought there will be some bits and pieces of additional content on NG+ but so far the only change is you find a few +1 rings in unexpected places.

Right now I have my fun invading or helping with invasions or aldriching. Sadly I'm not a fan of simple duels, I much prefer invasions or area defense and for that I always have to wait a few minutes for a connection, sometimes more. Aldrich is the only functioning area defense for me, never managed to get summoned for the Watchdogs, probably too high level (120). Too bad Blue Sentinel action is so rare and the Darkmoons are borked.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The speed runners have found out that the dogs are teleporting in your back when you are running.

It's like Miyazaki took the entire fairness of the first games, wiped his ass and then cold served it to the masses.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oh, fuck that Dancer Boss. First half is really easy, just gotta dodge and use the wide openings.... then at phase 2 I simply can't land a single blow safely.

Seriously, I'm going to get an electric crossbow and kite this asshole in phase 2.

Malpercio

Arcane
So, game is dead !? Nobody is talking about it anymore ? :P

I'm slowing going through my second chara.

Tbh it doesn't seem to have the longevity or 1 or even 2, game is linear as fuck and most covenant are broken for now (Mostly Bluebros and Forest)

Malpercio

Arcane
The speed runners have found out that the dogs are teleporting in your back when you are running.

It's like Miyazaki took the entire fairness of the first games, wiped his ass and then cold served it to the masses.

It's clearly the B-Team influence corrupting Miyazaki-sama!!!

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Oh, fuck that Dancer Boss. First half is really easy, just gotta dodge and use the wide openings.... then at phase 2 I simply can't land a single blow safely.

Seriously, I'm going to get an electric crossbow and kite this asshole in phase 2.

Dancer has wide openings in phase 2 as well, it just punishes you much harder if you fuck up. She also has a long and fast combo that is likely to kill you if it one of the early hits connect. Strategy doesn't change much, really, except she now does a spin after her leap attack and you can also get a couple hits after she does her whirlwind if you time it right. It's also good to be super conservative when it comes to healing and always stay topped off - she doesn't have any good gap closers and isn't very aggressive, so as long as you don't die in a single combo, you can always run away and heal safely. One other thing that's not obvious is that the move where she stabs the ground in a small arc and flames/dark erupt from it a second later is not very dangerous, and you can safely just walk around it and continue attacking.

Finally, she's very random so you will win through luck alone if you continue trying.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lol, helping is so much fun. Some fools are total retards. A dude summons me and then runs straight into the plaza in Anor Londo with the giants, the fireball priests above and the two NPCs and starts hacking away. Probably thinks with a summon he's invincible.

Another one runs straight for the two crocodiles despite a message flashing we're being invaded. I love this game.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's a lot of teleporting going on. In that room beneath the giant skull guy I tried to kite the mimic (and avoid the giant flaming demon). I attacked it and ran back to the bridge/stair, the mimic teleported while kicking and one-shot me.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Is there a speed difference between the Claymore and Bastard sword at all?

The bastard sword looks to at least to be quicker and be shouldered after each attack quicker. But I really can't tell. I'm also wondering if any of the normal great swords are even worth using. It feels like speed and DPM is the deciding factor in fights. With slower weapons leaving you open to being countered and stun locked.

Oh and the Estoc is once more a great weapon. I farmed the farron darkwraiths with ease for an armour set and Dark sword. But I'm wondering how it stacks up in a boss fights?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
There's probably a difference but it'll be in the realm of 2-3 frames per swing at the very most. It's not going to overcome a damage difference between two weapons with essentially the same animation. Stamina costs tend to be more noticeable, but even then, the biggest factors tend to be range/utility of the moveset, then damage.

I'd take something with huge range and a good variety of swings over an efficient weapon with only one attack type any day.
the mimic teleported while kicking and one-shot me.
Are you sure he didn't do his flying jump kick move? That killed me once too, was surprised as hell he could do that when I tried to open up some distance.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I'm slogging through this shit slowly, trying to get everything. From a presentation standpoint this is the best Souls game, lot's of well designed environments and eye candy. It does feel a bit lazy at times, like you clear out an area then move on to the next one. Any further in that direction would be comparable to Gothic 4, so Miyazaki barely dodged a bullet here. Plenty of content though, and once you get to a certain point it starts to feel like Bloodborne, which I don't think is a bad thing, though one could argue a gameplay identity crisis as in blocking and dodging are both only half as effective and requires more mastering. I'm satisfied overall, and I'm sure the DLC will deliver.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
What exactly do I need to do to advance Siegward's story after the battle with the fire demon? I've opened both shortcuts and Siegward hasn't appeared yet outside Cleansing Chapel. Could I have fucked his quest because I progressed in the catacombs (killed high lord something) before opening the shortcuts in the cathedral of the deep?

sullynathan

Arcane
Game runs like super shit for me. Its like theres no difference between max settings and low.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom