Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Murk

Arcane
The stalking is str0nk

context: I'm level 600+ and he's around 400ish I think

god I miss the murderclown =(

edit: I forgot about the manual hit on me -- that one was good. the 2h r1 he does, manually changing its direction.

Murk

Arcane
Puzzling stone sword never had high atk scaling, and he's wearing the full blood drake set' (tho has its texture edited.) That's in vanilla DS2, on my char that I did LITERALLY EVERYTHING ON. All covenants maxed, ng+8, both rings of invisi-hand (separate runs), every weapon, ring of thorns +2, etc.

Some people play souls game and beat the last boss. I beat the damn game itself, ok?

Also, that save file was on mylaptop which had its HDD crash a year and a half ago, so that save file is gone -- all 1000+ hours of it, hahahahaaaaaaaaa.

sullynathan

Arcane
I've beat souls 1 & 2 multiple times in a playthrough and still haven't reached level 200.
Ah, I forgot that leveling in souls 2 is easier. I almost reached level 200 in my first playthrough of SOTFS

Murk

Arcane
Overwhelming majority of my souls were from PVP. Once I became a wretch, invasions were nearly endless. I tried to stay 'meta' but once you pass a certain SM (this is before gaping ring) you get invaded by people 3x your level. At that point I said fuggit and used the souls to level.

Difference between level 150 and 250 is huge, but once you hit soft cap on most stats, it stops mattering. I.E, functional difference between level 400 and max (838?) is marginal, because of the low return on stat investment. Mundane gets the most, and extra casting from the Attunement slot for major spells.

I never hit max level on that char (or any char), so I guess I technically didn't do everything.

Dark Souls MOBA :bounce::bounce::bounce:

but seriously i hope /dsg is wrong

What i want to happen
>Ashen allowed with regular estus forbidden
>Teams of clerics, sorc/pyro, melee emerge as top tier combo
>Battles consist of fire/sorc nukes being flung around like crazy while clerics try to get off heals during melee stand offs

What probably will happen
>Regular estus allowed
>40/40 quality only, no fun allowed

:rage:

Perkel

Arcane
meh more multi.
Probably will wait for both DLC before i will play it.

I don't even know what is happening by looking at the trailer, what are the new features?
90% of the trailer was just From jerking themselves off over how great DS3's base PVP was (sarcasm intended), but in the last bit they showed off what will presumably be some sort of team/faction-based PVP arena with matchmaking. Beyond that, I can't find any news or press releases as to what that means in any meaningful way.

Jezal_k23

Don't know if this has been brought up, maybe it has, but does anyone else think the bosses in DS3 are too gimmicky? Other than the obvious ones such as Yhorm, Wolnir, Ancient Wyvern and Deacons most of them also have a second phase which I think works extremely well for some bosses but when so many of them have this it loses some of the appeal of how cool it could be if this idea was not so overused.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
after playing Gothic 1 and 2, I dream of a Souls/Gothic mash up.

Gothic style timing and parrying with Souls shield blocks and a stamina bar, without Souls' spastic rolling and misguided backstab/riposte mechanics, would be sublime.

Spastic rolling is visceral and backstabs/ripostes awesome. Visceral and awesome, two things a modern action game gotta have.

sullynathan

Arcane
after playing Gothic 1 and 2, I dream of a Souls/Gothic mash up.
no you don't. Gothic had terrible combat, I don't know why you codexers keep fooling yourselves there. Great game, awful combat. Plus G1 had shitty controls, while G2 had better controls but mostly the same shit combat. Gothic 3 would have had great combat if the devs had more time.

What's with all the harping about timing? You can pretty much kill every enemy in gothic by getting a good enough weapon and spamming the left right attack.

Don't know if this has been brought up, maybe it has, but does anyone else think the bosses in DS3 are too gimmicky? Other than the obvious ones such as Yhorm, Wolnir, Ancient Wyvern and Deacons most of them also have a second phase which I think works extremely well for some bosses but when so many of them have this it loses some of the appeal of how cool it could be if this idea was not so overused.
the early bosses are gimmicky, the later bosses not so much. I don't really care that they have second phases.

praetor

Arcane

i disagree that they're gimmicky (other than the ones you mentioned), and i'd say DeS has by far the gimmickiest bosses (so much so there's not even half a dozen "proper fights", and once you figure out the gimmick [which is not hard at all] they're pushovers). but i definitely do agree they went too far with the "every single fucking boss has exactly 2 phases". it makes sense for some (Nameless King being the best example). not so much for others who only get 1-2 extra moves and +dmg (almost every other boss)

edit: aawwww... look at the butthurt cvv who can't take it that his posts are dumb and shit and full of lies. so cute. lol

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom