Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Perkel

Arcane
1,5GB downloading.

:bounce:

Hyperion

Arcane
Greatswords can poise through a 2h R1 from a fucking Black Knight Glaive? That is INSANITY. I get that people bitched and it took From 7 months to listen, but do you think they overdid it a little?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Le what? Greatswords in DS3 had garbage range, took a ton of stamina, and did mediocre damage for their speed. And weighed a ton, of course. They were very undertuned, and all they really had going for them was a versatile skillset for people too lazy to reposition their enemies.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Gotta say, jumping straight to the DLC after 5 months of not touching anything DS is pretty brutal. Mobs keep rippping my anus wide apart, especially the super-poised vikings. Either the content is genuinely tough as fuck or there's some serious suckage to be drained from my rusty system.

sullynathan

Arcane
Gotta say, jumping straight to the DLC after 5 months of not touching anything DS is pretty brutal. Mobs keep rippping my anus wide apart, especially the super-poised vikings. Either the content is genuinely tough as fuck or there's some serious suckage to be drained from my rusty system.
Souls 3 is hard, definitely more difficult than its predecessors.

vmar

Savant
Yep, 15 bucks seems like a little much. There's also a pvp arena but there's not really any reason to do it since you don't get covenant items or anything from it, so I expect it will die out like the arena from DS1 did.

Hyperion

Arcane
I just started fresh. In countless playthroughs of all Souls games + Bloodborne, I never have, and never will make a Dex-based character, and the heavy weapon changes are so damn sexy. Greatswords finally feel about as good as they did in DS2, albeit with some added heft each swing. I haven't used very many weapons yet, but Axes have definitely been changed as well. They definitely feel faster, and either their animation looks different, or their horizontal attacks have a slightly wider arc.

Started as a Knight, and currently farming Lothric Knights in the starting armor save the gloves (for rolling purposes) for Titanite to +4 the Claymore before heading into Undead Settlement. At the risk of sounding hyperbolic, the hyperarmor changes feels like I'm not playing the same game from back in April. Those side swipes that every enemy does when you try to get behind them no longer feel as frustrating since you can actually attack and not worry about a flea staggering you anymore. The attack windows are MUCH bigger and I've been able to trade blows with most enemies without much worry about the attrition and chip damage that I can't kill shit.

Vordt is the only enemy that's hit me so far that I haven't been able to poise through with the Claymore. I'll post a few more updates when I actually get more than an hour's worth of time to play the game. Whether it's enough of a difference to say it was actually worth replaying the whole game remains to be seen though.

sullynathan

Arcane
Wait, so poise is fixed or it's at least like souls 2?

I didn't know that so many had problems with poise throughout the series.

Hyperion

Arcane
Right now, I want to say it's stronger than it was in Souls 2 if you use a large weapon. DS2 used Poise in a similar way to the first game, but at a vastly reduced effectiveness. Poise damage was an actual stat in 2, that was increased by 1.5x when holding a weapon in both hands. Even mid-sized weapons like curved swords or katanas could instantly stagger someone in full Havels / Smelter gear. They may have brought it up slightly higher than that.

Currently in DS3, it only takes effect when you're using a weapon that offers hyperarmor. But from the video linked above...most weapons aren't going to hit that break point.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Arcane
Hyperarmor kicks in during the swing animation. Getting hit by something that doesn't break your poise threshold will not stagger you, and you finish your swing.

Getting hit while standing still will stagger you no matter what.

Mortmal

Arcane
This 2nd dlc half better be worth it. Two bosses and one being un memorable is shit.
Was surprised too about how short this is... At last boss , had to watch guide to be sure i was not missing whole areas or something but no that's it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Got to the first boss. Content-wise the DLC is fantastic so far. Best designed world since, fuck, the first DS. Mobs were top notch in vanilla but From outdid themselves, at least with the viking dudes and the fast jumping bitches. Awesome fights. No idea how far I am but people complaining about shortness is bad, I literally don't want this shit to end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom