Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

HatTrick

Scholar
Today one of those Farron Watchdogs who invaded me taught me that kicking somebody until their stamina runs out is a good way to score a free parry.

I used the trick he taught me to kick his ass.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How does bleed work on npcs? I have used a mace for ages now with some bleed damage, but never noticed any ticking damage or any effects on npcs. Does it work or is it just for other players?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
How does bleed work on npcs? I have used a mace for ages now with some bleed damage, but never noticed any ticking damage or any effects on npcs. Does it work or is it just for other players?
Same as when you get worms. It just takes a chunk of life then resets.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Weirdly first time i fought him i basically was one swing away from defeating him but then died like 20 times before i managed to beat him.

Exactly that happened to me with the last boss. I whittled him down to like 15% HP of his second phase, then he got me with his BS combo. I felt confident after that but it took another 30 tries :D

Why must SL for pvp be so low, can't make any fun builds with that. Just fucking one-handed spam.

This. Such bullshit. So basically the only way to enjoy a covenant like the Watchdogs or Faithful is to stop levelling when you reach Farron Keep/Anor Londo. Then you can't do anything else coz as soon as you start going through the PvE content again you're out. How am I even supposed to know that on my first playthrough? Jesus.

Btw I've read they implemented some kind of equalizing mechanics, what's that about? Also, I've never been summoned as a blue spirit either. Either noone is invading much or people are not wearing the WoB insignia or the netcode is fucked up again.

Anyway imma try not level up anymore when I reach Farron Keep on my NG+ and see what happens. Although I don't expect much PvP success with my NG+ mage. I've been invaded a couple of times already and it was always some half-naked dude with spamming fast katanas at me. Is that what the meta is now? Bleh.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The level ranges for online vary with each covenant. Sun Bro coop has the widest range (something like +/- 20 levels of the host). The area ones (Farron/Aldrich) I think are no more than 10 levels higher than the host). They also added a mechanics where you can't have any weapon either equipped, in your inventory, or in your storage over +2 upgrade for people with +0 to +2 upgraded weapons themselves. After that the breaks are to +4 and higher. It's meant to combat griefers who finish the game or get a ton of crap at low level and prey on people with overpowered gear.

Here's the full breakdown: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon+Range+Calculator

As far as how you're supposed to know on your first playthrough? Well, you don't. The DS series lends itself to multiple playthroughs and builds, anyway. Not sure about Way of Blue. There's a chance not many people are doing it because it offers no rewards short of the added protection of having someone come to your aid. Most people probably just join another covenant.

Anyway, the game is only a few weeks old. To expect a fully robust and active PvP community at all levels right now isn't realistic. The number of people playing will probably increase ten fold the first time the game gets a major sale of 50% off or so.

Last edited:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Just beat Dancer. Goes into one of the best bosses category in DS games as well as before him that mage.
Weirdly first time i fought him i basically was one swing away from defeating him but then died like 20 times before i managed to beat him.
Most problematic was that 3 slash combo in second stage because it looks like anything and can go from anything. His spin looks mean but it was easy to roll away or hide behind pillar.
I had a very strange experience with this boss. I fought it immediately after fighting the previous boss, not knowing I was about to fight it and I only had one estus flask. I was fed up and taken off-guard and just decided I would bum rush it because I knew I'd die anyway. I just started wailing on it and beat it in about 45 seconds. It didn't even attack until it was down to half health.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The frost knight before the path of sacrifices must have been bugged for me. After the first try he never stopped attacking once. Just spamming the same attack over and over making it impossible to even get close to him. So I had to lure him to the elevator shaft using firebombs. But at least I got his cool ass sword and got my hands on the fallen Knights set.

I just have a feeling now that I'm massively under-leveled. I feel like I have no poise at all. No defense. No resists. Nothing.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pvping seems a bit off. I like having random coop sessions with other players, running through the map. Helping each other out, finding secrets and so on. But for some god damn reason, every-time I join somebody, or somebody join me it's like me opening up PvP Central - All are welcome! It can get funny. Had Blue bros joining, other invaders. It usually turns into a small skirmish with up to 6-7 people. But the annoying thing is how every single invader is trying to use other mobs to attack us. Every single time, and it just slows down the game to a crawl. Oh, you are standing next to a dragon and urging me to attack? Sure buddy. I get it though. It's suicide to attack two players, but damn...

Perkel

Arcane
I had a very strange experience with this boss. I fought it immediately after fighting the previous boss, not knowing I was about to fight it and I only had one estus flask. I was fed up and taken off-guard and just decided I would bum rush it because I knew I'd die anyway. I just started wailing on it and beat it in about 45 seconds. It didn't even attack until it was down to half health.

There is definitely something going on. I did exactly like you did and he bahave exactly as you said. Even in second form he was really peaceful compared to non first time.
I guess they did change something if you fight it after you did previous boss.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
so high lord wolnir just killed me and i have no idea how. one moment i am fine, the enxt he goes forward, misses me completely and i die.

yeah that makes sense.

Perkel

Arcane
so high lord wolnir just killed me and i have no idea how. one moment i am fine, the enxt he goes forward, misses me completely and i die.

yeah that makes sense.

HE has poison aura or something on his body, same stuff he throws up and you need to run then. Cool fight though once you beat it just needs a bit figuring out.

Villagkouras

Arcane

There is definitely something going on. I did exactly like you did and he bahave exactly as you said. Even in second form he was really peaceful compared to non first time.
I guess they did change something if you fight it after you did previous boss.

I went up to the bonfire to rest because I couldn't find the decapitating knight :roll: and I walked all over the High Wall, so I didn't fight two bosses back to back. But her behavior was exactly like that, she wasn't aggressive at all even in phase two. I thought I was so awesome to beat her in my first try. Too bad it's a bug maybe, I wanted a proper fight.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
HE has poison aura or something on his body, same stuff he throws up and you need to run then. Cool fight though once you beat it just needs a bit figuring out.
so apparently i hit him so hard and fast that i skipped several stages of his fight and got one shot by multiple poison clouds.

Perkel

Arcane
so apparently i hit him so hard and fast that i skipped several stages of his fight and got one shot by multiple poison clouds.

No he literally has veil of poison around his main body. What you can target is hands and head. Rest is off limits. And this poison doesn't work like normal poison more like fire.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

No he literally has veil of poison around his main body. What you can target is hands and head. Rest is off limits. And this poison doesn't work like normal poison more like fire.
I think is "dark", so stacking up on dark defense helps. But this guy is probably the easiest boss in the game, maybe except the Ancient Dragon (under certain conditions ofc). Skipping his next stage is normal.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Dark cloud from his rib cage kills you instantly, get back a little when he moves forward. His cloud breath attack kills you 3-6 sec probably depending on dark resist, you can run upwards to be safe. Staying below his head helps too but a bit risky.
He don't have any stages, he randomly summons a sword, some skellies or attacks. Start by breaking his right hand bracer (hardest one) then proceed to left hand bracers, he'll die after breaking all 3.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw I've been watching some dude's playthrough where he was running with a longsword and a falchion for the entire game and just cutting through the content that gave me so much grief. And there was only one reason - Stagger Souls my friends. Just bumrush mobs and start hacking at them with your puny little sabre and they stagger with every single hit, even the beefiest ones like the Winged Knights.

Remembering how painful it was fighting some mobs with my greatswords and greathammers and crying nao. Is that what people mean when they say poise doesn't work in this game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom