Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Delterius

Arcane
The next game is set during the 1960's and Sam Porter's ancestor has to deliver a package across the Russian wasteland to avert nuclear holocaust.
2020, Moscow. Sam Porter' ancestor has to deliver food from McDonalds across the city to avert people going hungry. Available in Steam in 2021: Death Stranding - Delivery Club.

pic_fec8a7b3a66b594e449b76b7f01b4350.jpg
this is just a rip off of pepsiman

JDR13

Arcane
There is combat and it's surprisingly good, but also a very small part of the game.

I just watched some footage, and it does indeed look surprisingly fun. I might grab this when it goes on sale. I've got too many other games in my queue to pay full price for it.

lightbane

Arcane
It seems it has been cracked at long last, for proper demos and such. Sadly it's a fucking 80+ GB game. And probably W10 only for sure, with ho chance to work with W7 unlike other, better games such as Panzer Dragoon Remake.

Gamezor

Learned
Is it better to play Death Stranding online or offline? It seems to me that the point of the game is to travel through the landscape with a dread to be lost and alone, as a pioneer tracking new roads between isolated cities and communities. The online component of the gameplay seems just distracting and off-topic.

I have not tried offline but if offline means that you don’t get other players contributions toward roads or see zip lines, then it would be a bad idea. The game is built with the assumption you’d use those things. I’m not sure you could even make a decent zip line network without using online ones because you’d run out of bandwidth. I agree the signs are obnoxious.

Gamezor

Learned
Couldn't wait for torrent so I bought this game on Steam. 5 hours in, I'm still not sure what to think of the gameplay so I will wait with opinion on this part.

However, I can't understand why graphics is praised so much. I run the game on max settings and I admit it runs pretty well, but I don't get what so special about the graphics. It runs well because maps are devoid of npcs, textures are nothing special and you're basically walking through a giant mostly static sandbox with stuff that activates whenever you aproach some point. AA doesn't work well too.

Is it just me or what? It's funny because whole internet is universally impressed with the graphics part, but I just don't see it at all.

Regarding the gameplay, it really opens up as you get more tools. Chapter 5 unlocks what appears to be the last real game changer although I have not finished the game. Don’t get too bogged down in side quests early.

Venser

Erudite
I think online stuff helped a lot so that you spending time gathering resources and building things feels purposeful instead of pointless waste of time. I recently logged in to take some screenshots and found out some of my structures are still standing months after I stopped playing because other players are still repairing them.

Gamezor

Learned
I think online stuff helped a lot so that you spending time gathering resources and building things feels purposeful instead of pointless waste of time. I recently logged in to take some screenshots and found out some of my structures are still standing months after I stopped playing because other players are still repairing them.

Yeah I didn't really bother with signs but it makes you feel good when you spend time getting to a really hard to reach infested area to put something helpful down and then other people actually use it.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
So I've played it for 3 hours yesterday. I'm not digging the gameplay yet (wtf too many digits and blinking menus, too many everything for walking sim), but the "cinematic" part is totally breathtaking, "Arrival" level production. Genius Kojima (whose games I've never played before) should just make a 3D movie instead.

However, I've heard there is a huge gap between chapters 2 and 3 (?) which is stripped of narrative and totally gameplay-oriented. Is it correct? How to make it through fast if I will not like the gameplay itself further. The story is very cool.

Gamezor

Learned
So I've played it for 3 hours yesterday.
Gameplay options/choices take a while to get going, just make sure you don't burn-out before the meat of the game (do-anything-and-everything-before-advancing-the-story™ not advised.)

Yeah stick to main quests to chapter 3 at least and maybe until 5 iirc. In other words don’t do standard deliveries unless you are already going that way or the game tells you to you that you need to to advance. The game starts throwing a lot more tools at you as you advance the story

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom