Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Perkel

Arcane
Mentioned it before. Uniques and set items seems to have their own 3D art.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
BTW, how's the offline performance? I tried the game on the beta weekend, and hits/sounds/monster reaction were way out of sync. I assume because it was online.

RPK

Scholar
Mentioned it before. Uniques and set items seems to have their own 3D art.

unknown.png

unknown.png

yeah, i remember them mentioning that specifically - that they made 3d models for all of the unique items. Which is pretty cool tbh

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Offline plays almost perfectly. I have micro stuttering every time I start the game but after a minute it becomes fluid.

Perkel

Arcane
Soneone get a mega upclose screenie of Andariel's mug.

You can actually play in original zoom mode which is close to 640x480. There are shitload of details on mosnters and environment if you play this way like me. To use it you press F.

unknown.png

BTW, how's the offline performance? I tried the game on the beta weekend, and hits/sounds/monster reaction were way out of sync. I assume because it was online.

Offline performance is perfect. Online still have some lag compared to offline but nothing like original D2 online which was lagfest. Desync does happen from time to time but hits aren't delayed like in original battle net.

They introduced 3 shared stash tabs which work between your characters so you no longer need mules to transfer items and be online which is great. So if you want to play offline it is entirely good way to play D2 now.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Soneone get a mega upclose screenie of Andariel's mug.

You can actually play in original zoom mode which is close to 640x480. There are shitload of details on mosnters and environment if you play this way like me. To use it you press F.

unknown.png

Offline performance is perfect. Online still have some lag compared to offline but nothing like original D2 online which was lagfest. Desync does happen from time to time but hits aren't delayed like in original battle net.

They introduced 3 shared stash tabs which work between your characters so you no longer need mules to transfer items and be online which is great. So if you want to play offline it is entirely good way to play D2 now.

Perkel

Arcane
First HC death. Assasin lv 20 melee with two handers. It was pretty nice but fucking lighting bugs got me with those sparks. I was too greedy for magic find since i had nice ring with 20% lighting resists i swapped for 13% magic find.

unknown.png

Cerulean

Cipher
I need to look up how to build a Bowazon or a Golem Necro all over again.

Gonna be fun to see how many of those sites from the 90s with D2 build guides get hammered to death. :P

Perkel

Arcane
Isn't that a bit risky HC build? I imagine a long-range Ass or Sorceress or a tank Paladin would be better.

I have thousands of hours in D2. The last thing i want to play is standard build. I am basically looking for most niche ways to play.

On other char after literally 20 years i finally discovered that slow missiles spell on amazon is fucking amazing. Never used it before because i thought 33% was completely useless but it is in fact probably more than 33% and it works for all projectiles not just arrows and such. So spells too. Moreover monster spells actually are timed so when you slow their spell down you actually reduce its range by a fucking lot.

With assasin i maybe played her like twice in those thousands of hours and maybe for few hours. Never liked her. Which is why i gave it a shot and started to use some niche skills and found something interesting after all.

Perkel

Arcane
HC isn't really the place to try out new wacky builds if you ask me.

Don't care. If i die i die.

Over the 20 years i completely dropped mantle of "xxx_MoSt EffiCIEnt_XXX" build ever. Whatever it is ARPG or RPG i always play with what i like not with what is the best DPS build or best survival build possible.

Until POE2 or D4 comes out this is basically what i will be playing.

----------------
----------------

On side note:

Online - 20 character limit upgrade from 8 slots in original, also characters don't expire if you don't play them.
Offline - infinite character limit

I guess they upgraded their servers from their 2GB disc for all account character saves lol

Ash

Arcane
Is your join date same as the year you were born or something? What is this mario gaem, just jumping on turtles, tell me if gud bros, halp.

Using Mario as an analogy for this shit game is an insult to good game design. :smug:

Alright alright I've not played it I'm leaving don't kill me.

Shadenuat

Arcane
for 13% magic find lol.
why do you even need it in a time when your weapons armor (stealth) and most of everything else is some easy farmed runes.

kicksin is cool though.

I admit almost never played her. I heard most autistic build is actually Phoenix Strike cause you need to count the charges in your head all the time to proc correct spell.

640 480 with new grafix is pure nerd consoomer, I approve. In reality all this detail is 100% pointless because you are focused on killing things and your hp most of the time though.

On other char after literally 20 years i finally discovered that slow missiles spell on amazon is fucking amazing. Never used it before because i thought 33% was completely useless but it is in fact probably more than 33% and it works for all projectiles not just arrows and such. So spells too. Moreover monster spells actually are timed so when you slow their spell down you actually reduce its range by a fucking lot.

Diablo 2 actually has a ton of these incredibly OP defensive skills that get overlooked because the meta is damage damage damage damage farm everything teleport with enigma more damage damage damage. People dump 20 points into anything that gives +3% damage synergy (hell lightning fury only has +1%) but ignore one point wonders or other skills that can give immense survivability because the guides they read don't say anything aside from "btw use x if u r bad and can't kill fast enough".

Amazon: you found Slow missiles. The valk is also really good (though it takes a lot of points).
Assassin: Mind Blast converts enemies to your side which takes 95% of the pressure off you since they'll infight. Also a good summon in shadow master. Fade is also commonly overlooked because it overwrites burst of speed, but its easily +50% all res with just a few points and +skills.
Necromancer: Dim Vision makes you invisible to monsters unless you are next to them. At around 15 points it can literally affect the entire screen, and if you cast it ahead of you on the edge you'll be the safest HC character ever. Middling investment or just one point and lots of +skills is enough to ensure safety. Then you have Attract which is similar to mind blast and can even keep you (or your summons) safe in melee with one point. And bone wall shits up the whole screen with stuff for enemies to hit. There's no excuse for dying as a necromancer tbh.
Barbarian: Warcry and Leap are absurdly powerful stuns
Druid: Shock Wave is an even longer and easier stunlock than the barbarian has, though you'll have to aim it.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
First HC death. Assasin lv 20 melee with two handers. It was pretty nice but fucking lighting bugs got me with those sparks. I was too greedy for magic find since i had nice ring with 20% lighting resists i swapped for 13% magic find.

unknown.png

cloak of shadows?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom