Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Perkel

Arcane
for 13% magic find lol.
why do you even need it in a time when your weapons armor (stealth) and most of everything else is some easy farmed runes.

it was not 13% but total nearly 70%. Which ib act2 is a lot and it did help me get 3 uniques and 2 set items which is also a lot by act2 without farming.

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
When it comes to overlooked items or abilities:
Try Dellirium helm on a merc. He will CC half the screen all the time.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Stealth is an example of why I hate runewords. Same with Steel/Malice. Strong as shit, allow you to auto-pilot through Normal/most of Nightmare, easily attained runes you'll probably get off your first Countess kill.

If they let you choose different patches to play on including vanilla D2 I'd buy this thing. Otherwise it's just a lazy graphical overhaul under the guise of "no changes" that Blizz morons rimjob unquestioningly.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Mentioned it before. Uniques and set items seems to have their own 3D art.

unknown.png

unknown.png
kC6Dz2P.jpg

ejPcsrB.jpg

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Isn't that a bit risky HC build? I imagine a long-range Ass or Sorceress or a tank Paladin would be better.

I have thousands of hours in D2. The last thing i want to play is standard build. I am basically looking for most niche ways to play.

On other char after literally 20 years i finally discovered that slow missiles spell on amazon is fucking amazing. Never used it before because i thought 33% was completely useless but it is in fact probably more than 33% and it works for all projectiles not just arrows and such. So spells too. Moreover monster spells actually are timed so when you slow their spell down you actually reduce its range by a fucking lot.

With assasin i maybe played her like twice in those thousands of hours and maybe for few hours. Never liked her. Which is why i gave it a shot and started to use some niche skills and found something interesting after all.
Commando with Crossbow and throwing grenades. Fatigues only or whatever passes for that in Sanctuary.

Disappointing you can't zoom in even more.

From boomer to zoomer.

As for Assassin... wasn't lazy build just pumping up traps?

Stealth is an example of why I hate runewords. Same with Steel/Malice. Strong as shit, allow you to auto-pilot through Normal/most of Nightmare, easily attained runes you'll probably get off your first Countess kill.

It's more a symptom of how the game isn't very challenging and equipment doesn't matter much through normal/nightmare. Most classes with a non-weapon build can get to hell naked with the only thing that is really impactful being lack of resists. Stealth isn't really that great except that it just makes you faster and faster is good. Runewords like Steel/Malice are good IMO because the game is already biased against a melee barb/paladin, and they aren't overwhelmingly powerful.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Also, this game really reminds you how much they borrowed for WoW, especially in the talent trees and builds. And loot.

Also Jesus Christ, WoW dropped in 2004, four years after this game. I am getting old.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Just noticed this:

Keep Your Progress Wherever You Play

With the planned cross-progression feature, you will be able to access your characters and keep their progress wherever you play Diablo II: Resurrected. Bring your characters and loot across all supported platforms, and retain your level, quest progress, skills, and talent. Cross-progression requires a linked Battle.net Account and separate Diablo II: Resurrected purchase for each supporting platform.

Lol... of course.

And to answer my retarded self about offline:

"Diablo 2: Resurrected Offline characters occupy local storage and don’t require an internet connection to play as. Offline D2 remaster characters can not enter online multiplayer matches, utilize cross-progression, or take part in the upcoming seasonal Ladder mode.

Performance or Quality mode is best. It’s also worth bookmarking this server issue solution for anyone rocking an Online character.
"

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Cross play > cross progression.

Cross play keeps games alive, cross progression is just the developers telling you to buy the game again.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I was just reading a thread about people losing CD keys and thumbdrive keys. Fucking pity if you register you copy if D2+LOD you don't get a fucking discount. That'd be fair imho.

With assasin i maybe played her like twice in those thousands of hours and maybe for few hours. Never liked her. Which is why i gave it a shot and started to use some niche skills and found something interesting after all.

Assassin is awesome. Only class that I possibly enjoyed as much as the sorceress. Just doing a regular clawdin is a bunch of fun. The passives are insane too. I had claw block up so high that my block percentage was like 70% or better. The great thing about it, is that it also blocks spells. I had.to make my claws indestructible with runes because the lost durability so fast from soaking all that damage.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I think the Trap Assassin builds are really boring and contender for the most lame playstyle in the whole game. Summonmancer is on paper also lame but when you get to see yourself controlling an entire army while you chill in the back sippin' on Hawaiian Punch it's actually pretty tight.

Claw Assassin have the more fun builds by far. A pair of Bartuc's Cutthroats and you're good to wreck shop.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If they let you choose different patches to play on including vanilla D2 I'd buy this thing.

Then get your money because you can play D2 without LOD. LOD added that rune garbage.
Watched Kripp's stream yesterday, they all automatically went Classic.
So veterans normally play without LOD? And why are runes considered garbage? Too OP?

Gregz

Arcane
If they let you choose different patches to play on including vanilla D2 I'd buy this thing.

Then get your money because you can play D2 without LOD. LOD added that rune garbage.
So veterans normally play without LOD? And why are runes considered garbage? Too OP?

Everyone ends up running around with the same gear. RNG loot gives way to trading runes.

The D2 economy is actually pretty delicate. In the days of D2jsp there were farmers running many bots, and ofc there were the dupe exploits. The resulting inflation destroyed a new player's ability to trade competitively. Or people would just spam join games to beg for gear. Lots of scummy shit like that.

I'm curious how, or if, the remaster addresses these issues. Blizzard loves to ban bots and "dupers" because it usually means they sell more keys.

Perkel

Arcane

Common runeword from normal can give you gear that will take you to countess on hell outpacing every gear you find for next who knows how many hours. In loot game this is serious issue.

Vanilla D2 gear you found was important. Rares were the best and no two builds were the same as rares would roll widely different. In LOD everything important is either set item or runeword.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Common runeword from normal can give you gear that will take you to countess on hell outpacing every gear you find for next who knows how many hours. In loot game this is serious issue.

Gotcha, yeah that's evil. Reminds me of the ol' D3 real money store. Loot or gold didn't matter coz you could just buy everything with dorra. Drove me away from the game after just one run through.

I am playing with LOD but my understanding is you have to farm a lot for these runes to form runewords and I'm not doing that because fuck that noise on Normal. So it's all good.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You don't have to farm a lot for the low level runes. You can get a Stealth after like 3 Countess runs. The problem with runes is that they trivialize normal and nightmare, and then dominate high level itemization.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You don't have to farm a lot for the low level runes. You can get a Stealth after like 3 Countess runs.

Sure, my point is why farm at all? You absolutely don't need it on Normal and farming Countess is just endlessly blundering around in the Forgotten Tower, which is like 5 levels, nah, not interested. I might farm runes a bit on Nightmare if I don't get any decent drops but right now even one extra Countess run feels like one too many.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You "farm" her (if ~3 times is considered farming) in order to trivialize normal and nightmare even more than they already are. Speedrunners farm her for runes while speedrunning, so it's definitely something you want to do. The tower might be 5 levels, but the entrances are so close to each other that it really doesn't matter. It's actually more worthwhile to kill her a few times (both on normal and nightmare) than to do most of the quests.

Shadenuat

Arcane
In Classic it's kinda boring to farm cause drop rates are shit except cow king and what you do instead, is farm gold, and then gamble because classic gamble chances are good.
In modern you don't need to farm or whatever because game became very easy, can finish it naked due to synergies and easy access to +skills everywhere, including runewords.
For me something like a patched classic with some extra drops, no mana pots, fixed cow king, no modern and no ladder runes words would be good.
Also imo even classic has already too many monsters at places, and locations are too big, which is obvious sign that designers reduced quality of single player in favour of multiplayer.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
yeah i loved at first synergies when they released but the more i played the worse it felt because you were pidgeonholed into specific sets of skills rather than choose what makes most sense for your build.

In original skill topped at 20 stat points + whatever you gear got. When they added synergies that was no longer true since several other skills could ramp up that skill more by spending points on those skills instead even if you don't use them. So in the end DPS got so high that it was simply uneconomic to invest in non synergized skills.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom